Just came back from Batam few hours ago. Attempted to book this trip through Harris Spore sales office but after few emails and phone calls with rude reply, I decided to search for other agency. Finally, I booked via Asiatravel just last week. Good that they are fast and the package price is the same as Harris Spore sales office.
Welcome drinks, towels and cookies are served. Lobby was really crowded but all the staff try to attend to everyone with cheerful attitude. There are alot of people checking-in. The counter staff are fast and they are all smiling given the high volume that they need to attend. Didn't wait too long for the check-in but has to wait for the room to be ready.
We were given the Funky connecting rooms as the Trendy rooms are full. When we went in to the room, one of the air-con was blowing hot air. We called to inform this problem and in less than 10 mins, the engineering man came to fix the air-con. Ready appreciate the fast service. The Funky rooms really need refurbishment. According to my friend who stays in Trendy before, the rooms are better as that is the new wing.
Housekeeping staff did a good job. The floor are clean and the room are tidy. However, the towels are grey in color and some with stains. Advice to bring your own towels.
We had buffet lunch and dinner at Harris Cafe. The price is reasonable but don't expect to have varieties. Do take the shuttle bus to town. Will be less expensive than eating in the resort.
The massage is average. Went to the toilet before massage. Toilet wet, dirty, no paper roll. While walking to the hut, saw a few guys walking around. When we reached our hut, was surprised to see a few guys sitting at the next hut talking and laughing. We feel uncomfortable and hesitate awhile whether to take off our clothings. Is a hut, not a room. We can see outside through the crack of the wooden door. After the massage, we walk out from the hut and saw a guy outside our hut. When he sees us, he start to sing in high volume while we walking out from the spa place. Hope the management look into the spa enviroment seriously since the spa is one of the selling point for the resort.
The pool is big. The staffs are cheerful, friendly and attentive. Harris Batam GM has provided good guidance to his team. Really creates a warm and nice holiday atmosphere. Besides the good team, don't put too much expectation on the rest of the things.
- Also Known As:
- Harris Resort Batam Waterfront Hotel
- Harris Resort Batam Waterfront Hotel Batam
- Batam Harris Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A friendly resort facing the strait of Singapore and the sea view with spacious accommodation and giant free form swimming pool. Strategic destination and a perfect vacation spot for couples, families or business purposes. With 308 rooms and suites including 20 cabanas, this hotel has the largest number of room provided in Funky and Trendy Wing.Harris Funky will cater the needs of your most discerning family member while easily keeping the whole group occupied and satisfied. Harris Trendy has the newest and trendiest all inclusive concepts, reserved exclusively for couples and singles over 18 years old of age. Asia’s one of its kind, an all inclusive concept welcomes couples and singles to experience carefree days and endless irresistible nights in Batam. The over 18, adults-only atmosphere allows event the most conventional of guest to throw caution-to-the-wind and experience life like never before. Located just 40 minutes away from Harbourfront Center Singapore, Harris Resort Batam try to persuade its guests to linger with a plethora of water sports & indoor entertainment in the form of a ten-lane bowling alley, Squash & billiards, Go kart, Flying Fox or sea sport activities. Soothe the muscles with one of our treatments at the spa, foot reflexology facilities or head to the giant free-form pool. The H-Spa an oasis of calm and serenity with breathtaking sea views and sunset in the afternoon, provide Harris Fans with a haven to luxuriate and pamper themselves with a selection of Body and Facial treatments masterfully executed by highly trained therapists. Five outlets to ease hunger pains are available by providing Indonesian, Asian and Western cuisines. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, HostelWorld, Tingo, Priceline, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Hotels.com, Venere, Agoda and Otel so you can book your HARRIS Resort Batam Waterfront reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.