We stayed at Harris for 3D2N. It is okay if you are on tight budget but dont expect much. Here's our personal experience.
We wanted to change our room to a poolview room after we entered our guardview room. The recept said okay but it will be a twin-bed which is fine for us. After bringing down all our baggages, the same recept told us that there will be add'l S$40 charge per night. We got fred up and bring our baggage back to the same room again.
Free shuttle bus to nogoya town is available, but advance reservation is required. We asked different staff, but none actually advised us that. We waited at the lobby at 2pm, and was told that there is not enough seats. Fortunately, they managed to get a bigger bus, otherwise it will be a great disappointment.
The massage varied according to staff. Some put in strength, other seem to be just touching our skin. We have pre-booked 4 sessions, 1 out of the 4 is good. First day, they put us in a room, which looks like a HDB flat room, with the walls looks cracking and an old wardrobe there and a non-functioning bathroom. We have other sessions in a hut, which does not look very secure, people can see through inbetween the horizontal bamboo sticks. And it is not sound proof ! Our neighbours were chatting away, while spa supposed to be a relaxing and soft music ambience.
The normal delux room is clean and spacious. It is good enough. We are not sure of cabana room, but it seems quiet there.
The pool is 2m to 0.8m height, as for the jacuzzi, only one air pump is working and rest not in working condition. We didnt enjoy it.
The gym room is quiet, near the spa building, but away from the main building. We brought our sport shoes there, but after visiting the gym room, we gave up the idea.
The cafe plays local music instead of international music.It does not give us BBQ or poolside dinning feeling.
Overall, communication with staff must be in super details because they only answer directly at your questions without any further info given. The maintenance is lousy and it does not have a resort ambience. It is a boring place. It is just an experience for us, and we will not go back again.
- Also Known As:
- Harris Resort Batam Waterfront Hotel
- Harris Resort Batam Waterfront Hotel Batam
- Batam Harris Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A friendly resort facing the strait of Singapore and the sea view with spacious accommodation and giant free form swimming pool. Strategic destination and a perfect vacation spot for couples, families or business purposes. With 308 rooms and suites including 20 cabanas, this hotel has the largest number of room provided in Funky and Trendy Wing.Harris Funky will cater the needs of your most discerning family member while easily keeping the whole group occupied and satisfied. Harris Trendy has the newest and trendiest all inclusive concepts, reserved exclusively for couples and singles over 18 years old of age. Asia’s one of its kind, an all inclusive concept welcomes couples and singles to experience carefree days and endless irresistible nights in Batam. The over 18, adults-only atmosphere allows event the most conventional of guest to throw caution-to-the-wind and experience life like never before. Located just 40 minutes away from Harbourfront Center Singapore, Harris Resort Batam try to persuade its guests to linger with a plethora of water sports & indoor entertainment in the form of a ten-lane bowling alley, Squash & billiards, Go kart, Flying Fox or sea sport activities. Soothe the muscles with one of our treatments at the spa, foot reflexology facilities or head to the giant free-form pool. The H-Spa an oasis of calm and serenity with breathtaking sea views and sunset in the afternoon, provide Harris Fans with a haven to luxuriate and pamper themselves with a selection of Body and Facial treatments masterfully executed by highly trained therapists. Five outlets to ease hunger pains are available by providing Indonesian, Asian and Western cuisines. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Travelocity, Booking.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Priceline, Expedia, HostelWorld, Tingo, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Venere and Otel so you can book your HARRIS Resort Batam Waterfront reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.