“Wow! You'd definitely come back for more” 4 of 5 stars
Review of HARRIS Resort Batam Waterfront

Save Saved
You added HARRIS Resort Batam Waterfront to your Saves list
HARRIS Resort Batam Waterfront
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   K.H. Ahmad Dahlan Street | Marina Waterfront City, Riau Islands Province 29422, Indonesia   |
Special Price
Special Offer
Ranked #8 of 71 Hotels in Batam
Singapore
“Wow! You'd definitely come back for more”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2009

Though our stay at Harris - Batam was short, we were impressed by the warm smiles and little thoughtful gestures by the resort's staff.

The courtesy shuttle dropped us off at the lobby where we were greeted with beautifully scented towels (yes, you will definitely need them in the humidity), cold drinks and very yummy cookies.

Check-in took a while but the staff made the effort to update us from time to time. We wandered the resort while waiting and realised that everytime a staff walked by, they would make eye contact and welcome you with a big beautiful smile.

The Japanese suite on the 4th floor (there are 5 floors in the resort) was clean and spacious. We were pleasantly surprised by the stone-bath at the balcony.

The spa, gym and foot reflexology are located in a separate building a short walk away. Swimming pool is just outside of the cafe and all other amenities are also conveniently closeby.

Service with a smile, Harris personifies all that and more. We are just relieved to know that genuine people with great big beautiful smiles and warm hospitality still exist.

Loves::
Great service staff
Clean and tidy rooms
Reasonable rates
Location (less than 5 minutes from Waterfront)
Have I mentioned the incredible staff yet?

Can be better:
Spa services
Another internet terminal

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (129)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Aust
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2009

We chose Batam and Harris mainly because of cost (cheap) and proximity to Sing. The hotel (7 yrs old) has clearly seen better days and needs an injection of funds. A new complex was being built right next to the old one but nobody advised us of this when we booked. It didn't make for the most relaxing sit around the pool. Pool was great and the only saving grace, apart from the genuinely friendly staff (General Mgr was especially warm). Whilst friendly, the majority of staff were inept - we often had to order things 2 or 3 times before they got it (and resort was empty). Food was very ordinary and quite pricey for that part of the world for what it was (athough I concede that it was reasonably priced for a hotel). Worst thing of all, my wife and I both contracted severe cases of giardia just as we left. This comes from unsafe water. We were both super cautious, but obviously not cautious enough. Left us wondering whether the salads and fruit etc were washed with purified water and whether some of the raw vegies were even washed at all. I'm writing this at home, no more than 3 meters from the facilities.......still not well.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
executive5, General Manager at HARRIS Resort Batam Waterfront, responded to this review, April 14, 2009
Thank you so much for the genuine feedback that you have given us.
The Harris Trendy wing that is the new building adjacent to the Harris Resort Batam
will be opening on the 1st of June 2009, an all inclusive over 21 years old concept.
Concerning the service of the harris players, we are continously upgrading their skills via on going in house and corporate training.
The property has been following the HCCP hygiene international standards strictly, as we are handling around 200 to 500 individuals for catering daily. The tab water is not potable and this is the reason we are providing the free two bottles of water in each room.
All the food handling process is supervised and strictly monitored by our management.
So sorry to hear that you have been having gardia after you left the resort.
We are striving for service excellence and your constructive comments are so valuable for us.Do not hesitate to contact me directly for any clarification:gm@harris-batam.com
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2009

Our company was there for a night's stay. Upon arrival, we were given a very warm welcome at the lobby. We were served with drinks and wet towels to freshen up which was very thoughtful. The lobby's orange theme made the whole place very cosy , some of the staff were actually dancing along with the music, had great smiles which really made us feel very welcomed.

We had a fully packed team building program which was great and rather fun.

The room which my colleague and I shared was clean, tidy and very spacious. Toiletries were provided. Great pool view. Pool was clean and inviting.

The team building program was fun and and quite meaningful. We had a short cooking session, what really surprised me was that my colleagues can actually cook!

Dinner could be better. For example, the food was generally dry and the meat was tough.

The spa was the best and it's a must-try. They are located at the roof top and we were given individual huts for the privacy. The ambience was fantastic, with the birds chirping and a slight breeze blowing, it was great.

I would recommend to people who are looking for a short trip to relax.

• Stayed February 2009
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2009

I was there with my extended family, which included a couple, seniors, young children and an infant. Although I would say that the quality of the hotel (furniture) were not fantastic, they made up for it in the variety of facilities and exceptional and attentive service.

They have a largo pool, fit for all ages, recreation centre complete with a pool table, bowling alley, squash court, karaoke, spa and kids room.

Iman, their F & B service manager is probably one of the best I've had the pleasure of being served by. He and his team were very accommodating, attentive to the needs of all my folks, young and old and very friendly. Iman even arranged a cake, cello & guitarist, and a couple of them to come over in the evening to surprise us when they found out that one of our birthday's was during the stay.

The stay could not get any better. Though there were a couple of hicups, they were minor and from the spa, trying to fit us in preferred time slots, to the restaurant making the orders to our liking, thye spared no effort in making sure everyone went home feeling like they had the best vacation in batam.

• Stayed December 2008, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2009

Nov 08 - My partner and I just started on our relationship and wanted to find someone to go, to get to know each other better. We chose Harris after comparing its prices and services online, and esp after I've been to Turi and Holiday Inn, I've decided to come to Harris this time.

Our decision was right from the start. Checking into the resort was faultless and like a breeze. Everyone in the resort treated us like VIPs. Our usual orders, our favourite seats, favourite games were all remembered by the staff. Everyone addresses us by our first name, and constantly making sure that we are best taken care of.

The staff made our stay really enjoyable, and fulfilling, creating the perfect environment for us to really enjoy each other's company. I never expected to find delicious western food in Batam, but HArris has it all! They offer really mouth watering pizzas (perfect for lunch) and tender beef steak (ideal for dinner). Prices are reasonable, and even cheaper than when you visit a restaurant in Singapore (which might not offer dishes as nice). During one night while we were at H Grill having our dinner, the wait staff actually took the initiative and reserved a really nice romantic table for us, away from the crowd. IT was said that the seat was actually a Honeymooner's table. We were delighted.

The resort is very well contained with activities to pamper and unwind. The pool is incredibly relaxing. The wet towels with nuts offered to guests using the pool are always a nice touch to swimmers or guests sun tanning. To make you feel more assured that you're well taken care of, their GM is always around, and it's always easy to talk to him as he will make an extra effort to check if your well being is taken care of.

Feb 09 - We've decided to get out of Singapore to celebrate our first Valentines, and we thought of Harris straightaway. We got in touch with their GM, whom we've met during our first stay. Their response were swift, and all our reservations were confirmed within the day.

Upon checking in, as a privilege of their return-guest and out of their goodwill, we actually got a free upgrade to their cabana room. Everything was perfect in the room. Atap house alike concept with private balcony and located away from the busy lobby, it was ideal for our retreat. However due to the fact that we need to be constantly connected to the wireless, we've asked for a change of room to a normal room we've reserved for.

To our surprise, the room that they transferred us to was their Japanese suite, which was jaw droppingly BEAUTIFUL with their balcony japanese-style bathtub and japanese interiors. To make sure everything is fine, we even received a call from Stylianos, their Gm, within the 10mins upon change of room. Talk about WOW factor, Harris had definitely scored a distinction with me!

To top it up, their GM, Mr Stylianos, actually hosted us for dinner, sharing with us his experience of being a GM of Harris for 7 years. He even invited us to their new wing, which is to be completed in May/June09, and promised us a great deal of privacy and relaxation.

This time round, we indulged in their Spa and Massages. Their fees were comparable to Singapore's prices, however, the treatment rooms are breathetaking. The ones we had were with attached shower and jacuzzi, the Couple's suite. Their Hot Stone theraphy is terrific, and incredibly relaxing. After each treatment, we were offered drinks like Jamu, FREE.

The staff remembered us from our last stay, and it felt like going back home again. Having come from the service industry, I am very particular to the service standards, and trust me, Harris is always going an extra mile in making you feel pampered. Will I be back again? Hell yes!

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
Home
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2009

Room is nice and simple with bath tub and DVD player (with free rent of DVD). Some water sports just outside Harris (easy to travel) which the price can make it more affordable (lower price) for guest to enjoy. Swimming pool is big and nice. Looking forward for more value packages for the trip & more affordable food and activities & to stay in Japanese suite & Spa. Overall good services. Staffs smile and greet as they see us. Quiet & comfortable enivornment. Will visit again after the upgrade is done. Keep up the good work.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2009

I am a person who is very particular about hotels/resorts. I normally do a detailed check even before booking for a holiday. Many of my experiences with other hotels have either been unpleasant or nt satisfactory but Harris Resort is a resort where I have been for 11 (evelen) times and still can't get enough of it. Harris has always managed to impressed me with their obssession in customer satisfaction. Each trip is a different experience as Harris upgrades frequently to suit the changing lifestyle of the people today, They do not have this mentality that this is enough for now, but their constant improvements have won the hearts of many. They have tried and is trying to adorn a modern look amidst nature, and they have been successful, what more can we ask for?
I have stayed in the Harris Room, Japanese Suites (with big outdoor bath in balcony-great for couples) and the latest cabanas (villas). The rooms are great, clean, well maintained with no foul smell. The swimming pool is nice..there is also a bar there. I was amazed to see the relaxing chairs, never seen such wonderful, cozy chairs in any 5 star hotels!
The spa which has just been upgraded comes with 5 star facilities..a sauna bath, a hot and cold jacuzzi, free flow of herbal tea and jamu. I couldn't believe when i stepped in the sauna bath, it was overlooking the mountains..the scenery was picture perfect. Even the outdoor jacuzzi was amidst a wonderful location. I had an outdoor massage which came with a jacuzzi and outdoor shower..it was totally private. My husband and i tried the sensual and hot stone massages and it was simply out of this world. The satff was very professional. After the massages, we had a herbal bath, follwed by a shower. Throughout this time, the Harris staff was kind enough to look after our 2 kids (one 8yrs and the other 2 yrs) so that i can spend some quality time with my husband. My kids were brought fishing and did many activities which they enjoyed.
Bowling was another activity which my family and i enjoyed. We had a super time competing with one another.
Harris lounge has a modern feel to it. Its not one of those where parents avoid taking their kids too. It was warm and friendly and nothing sleezy abt it.
Lastly, the staff in Harris is like no other..they go the extra mile. Even a 5 star hotel can't compete with Harris and its obvious now why they have received many awards. I can go on and on raving abt Harris and their staff..
I simply love Harris and everything abt Harris. I have been reconmending it to a lot of my family and frens and they too have enjoyed the wonderful experiences that i had with my family. That's why i am planning my 12th trip! Go to Harris and experience it for urselves..u won;t regret it..trust me. U can also email me at kuljag@ pacific.net.sg
Thank you Harries for everything and for being part of our lives now and many years to come.

• Liked — Everything
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to HARRIS Resort Batam Waterfront? Share your experiences!