We chose Batam and Harris mainly because of cost (cheap) and proximity to Sing. The hotel (7 yrs old) has clearly seen better days and needs an injection of funds. A new complex was being built right next to the old one but nobody advised us of this when we booked. It didn't make for the most relaxing sit around the pool. Pool was great and the only saving grace, apart from the genuinely friendly staff (General Mgr was especially warm). Whilst friendly, the majority of staff were inept - we often had to order things 2 or 3 times before they got it (and resort was empty). Food was very ordinary and quite pricey for that part of the world for what it was (athough I concede that it was reasonably priced for a hotel). Worst thing of all, my wife and I both contracted severe cases of giardia just as we left. This comes from unsafe water. We were both super cautious, but obviously not cautious enough. Left us wondering whether the salads and fruit etc were washed with purified water and whether some of the raw vegies were even washed at all. I'm writing this at home, no more than 3 meters from the facilities.......still not well.
- Also Known As:
- Harris Resort Batam Waterfront Hotel
- Harris Resort Batam Waterfront Hotel Batam
- Batam Harris Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A friendly resort facing the strait of Singapore and the sea view with spacious accommodation and giant free form swimming pool. Strategic destination and a perfect vacation spot for couples, families or business purposes. With 308 rooms and suites including 20 cabanas, this hotel has the largest number of room provided in Funky and Trendy Wing.Harris Funky will cater the needs of your most discerning family member while easily keeping the whole group occupied and satisfied. Harris Trendy has the newest and trendiest all inclusive concepts, reserved exclusively for couples and singles over 18 years old of age. Asia’s one of its kind, an all inclusive concept welcomes couples and singles to experience carefree days and endless irresistible nights in Batam. The over 18, adults-only atmosphere allows event the most conventional of guest to throw caution-to-the-wind and experience life like never before. Located just 40 minutes away from Harbourfront Center Singapore, Harris Resort Batam try to persuade its guests to linger with a plethora of water sports & indoor entertainment in the form of a ten-lane bowling alley, Squash & billiards, Go kart, Flying Fox or sea sport activities. Soothe the muscles with one of our treatments at the spa, foot reflexology facilities or head to the giant free-form pool. The H-Spa an oasis of calm and serenity with breathtaking sea views and sunset in the afternoon, provide Harris Fans with a haven to luxuriate and pamper themselves with a selection of Body and Facial treatments masterfully executed by highly trained therapists. Five outlets to ease hunger pains are available by providing Indonesian, Asian and Western cuisines. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, HostelWorld, Tingo, Priceline, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Hotels.com, Venere, Agoda and Otel so you can book your HARRIS Resort Batam Waterfront reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.