“Spa was great.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of HARRIS Resort Batam Waterfront

Save Saved
You added HARRIS Resort Batam Waterfront to your Saves list
HARRIS Resort Batam Waterfront
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   K.H. Ahmad Dahlan Street | Marina Waterfront City, Riau Islands Province 29422, Indonesia   |
Special Price
Special Offer
Ranked #8 of 67 hotels in Batam
“Spa was great.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2009

Our company was there for a night's stay. Upon arrival, we were given a very warm welcome at the lobby. We were served with drinks and wet towels to freshen up which was very thoughtful. The lobby's orange theme made the whole place very cosy , some of the staff were actually dancing along with the music, had great smiles which really made us feel very welcomed.

We had a fully packed team building program which was great and rather fun.

The room which my colleague and I shared was clean, tidy and very spacious. Toiletries were provided. Great pool view. Pool was clean and inviting.

The team building program was fun and and quite meaningful. We had a short cooking session, what really surprised me was that my colleagues can actually cook!

Dinner could be better. For example, the food was generally dry and the meat was tough.

The spa was the best and it's a must-try. They are located at the roof top and we were given individual huts for the privacy. The ambience was fantastic, with the birds chirping and a slight breeze blowing, it was great.

I would recommend to people who are looking for a short trip to relax.

• Stayed February 2009

740 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (121)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2009

I was there with my extended family, which included a couple, seniors, young children and an infant. Although I would say that the quality of the hotel (furniture) were not fantastic, they made up for it in the variety of facilities and exceptional and attentive service.

They have a largo pool, fit for all ages, recreation centre complete with a pool table, bowling alley, squash court, karaoke, spa and kids room.

Iman, their F & B service manager is probably one of the best I've had the pleasure of being served by. He and his team were very accommodating, attentive to the needs of all my folks, young and old and very friendly. Iman even arranged a cake, cello & guitarist, and a couple of them to come over in the evening to surprise us when they found out that one of our birthday's was during the stay.

The stay could not get any better. Though there were a couple of hicups, they were minor and from the spa, trying to fit us in preferred time slots, to the restaurant making the orders to our liking, thye spared no effort in making sure everyone went home feeling like they had the best vacation in batam.

• Stayed December 2008, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2009

Nov 08 - My partner and I just started on our relationship and wanted to find someone to go, to get to know each other better. We chose Harris after comparing its prices and services online, and esp after I've been to Turi and Holiday Inn, I've decided to come to Harris this time.

Our decision was right from the start. Checking into the resort was faultless and like a breeze. Everyone in the resort treated us like VIPs. Our usual orders, our favourite seats, favourite games were all remembered by the staff. Everyone addresses us by our first name, and constantly making sure that we are best taken care of.

The staff made our stay really enjoyable, and fulfilling, creating the perfect environment for us to really enjoy each other's company. I never expected to find delicious western food in Batam, but HArris has it all! They offer really mouth watering pizzas (perfect for lunch) and tender beef steak (ideal for dinner). Prices are reasonable, and even cheaper than when you visit a restaurant in Singapore (which might not offer dishes as nice). During one night while we were at H Grill having our dinner, the wait staff actually took the initiative and reserved a really nice romantic table for us, away from the crowd. IT was said that the seat was actually a Honeymooner's table. We were delighted.

The resort is very well contained with activities to pamper and unwind. The pool is incredibly relaxing. The wet towels with nuts offered to guests using the pool are always a nice touch to swimmers or guests sun tanning. To make you feel more assured that you're well taken care of, their GM is always around, and it's always easy to talk to him as he will make an extra effort to check if your well being is taken care of.

Feb 09 - We've decided to get out of Singapore to celebrate our first Valentines, and we thought of Harris straightaway. We got in touch with their GM, whom we've met during our first stay. Their response were swift, and all our reservations were confirmed within the day.

Upon checking in, as a privilege of their return-guest and out of their goodwill, we actually got a free upgrade to their cabana room. Everything was perfect in the room. Atap house alike concept with private balcony and located away from the busy lobby, it was ideal for our retreat. However due to the fact that we need to be constantly connected to the wireless, we've asked for a change of room to a normal room we've reserved for.

To our surprise, the room that they transferred us to was their Japanese suite, which was jaw droppingly BEAUTIFUL with their balcony japanese-style bathtub and japanese interiors. To make sure everything is fine, we even received a call from Stylianos, their Gm, within the 10mins upon change of room. Talk about WOW factor, Harris had definitely scored a distinction with me!

To top it up, their GM, Mr Stylianos, actually hosted us for dinner, sharing with us his experience of being a GM of Harris for 7 years. He even invited us to their new wing, which is to be completed in May/June09, and promised us a great deal of privacy and relaxation.

This time round, we indulged in their Spa and Massages. Their fees were comparable to Singapore's prices, however, the treatment rooms are breathetaking. The ones we had were with attached shower and jacuzzi, the Couple's suite. Their Hot Stone theraphy is terrific, and incredibly relaxing. After each treatment, we were offered drinks like Jamu, FREE.

The staff remembered us from our last stay, and it felt like going back home again. Having come from the service industry, I am very particular to the service standards, and trust me, Harris is always going an extra mile in making you feel pampered. Will I be back again? Hell yes!

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
Home
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2009

Room is nice and simple with bath tub and DVD player (with free rent of DVD). Some water sports just outside Harris (easy to travel) which the price can make it more affordable (lower price) for guest to enjoy. Swimming pool is big and nice. Looking forward for more value packages for the trip & more affordable food and activities & to stay in Japanese suite & Spa. Overall good services. Staffs smile and greet as they see us. Quiet & comfortable enivornment. Will visit again after the upgrade is done. Keep up the good work.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2009

I am a person who is very particular about hotels/resorts. I normally do a detailed check even before booking for a holiday. Many of my experiences with other hotels have either been unpleasant or nt satisfactory but Harris Resort is a resort where I have been for 11 (evelen) times and still can't get enough of it. Harris has always managed to impressed me with their obssession in customer satisfaction. Each trip is a different experience as Harris upgrades frequently to suit the changing lifestyle of the people today, They do not have this mentality that this is enough for now, but their constant improvements have won the hearts of many. They have tried and is trying to adorn a modern look amidst nature, and they have been successful, what more can we ask for?
I have stayed in the Harris Room, Japanese Suites (with big outdoor bath in balcony-great for couples) and the latest cabanas (villas). The rooms are great, clean, well maintained with no foul smell. The swimming pool is nice..there is also a bar there. I was amazed to see the relaxing chairs, never seen such wonderful, cozy chairs in any 5 star hotels!
The spa which has just been upgraded comes with 5 star facilities..a sauna bath, a hot and cold jacuzzi, free flow of herbal tea and jamu. I couldn't believe when i stepped in the sauna bath, it was overlooking the mountains..the scenery was picture perfect. Even the outdoor jacuzzi was amidst a wonderful location. I had an outdoor massage which came with a jacuzzi and outdoor shower..it was totally private. My husband and i tried the sensual and hot stone massages and it was simply out of this world. The satff was very professional. After the massages, we had a herbal bath, follwed by a shower. Throughout this time, the Harris staff was kind enough to look after our 2 kids (one 8yrs and the other 2 yrs) so that i can spend some quality time with my husband. My kids were brought fishing and did many activities which they enjoyed.
Bowling was another activity which my family and i enjoyed. We had a super time competing with one another.
Harris lounge has a modern feel to it. Its not one of those where parents avoid taking their kids too. It was warm and friendly and nothing sleezy abt it.
Lastly, the staff in Harris is like no other..they go the extra mile. Even a 5 star hotel can't compete with Harris and its obvious now why they have received many awards. I can go on and on raving abt Harris and their staff..
I simply love Harris and everything abt Harris. I have been reconmending it to a lot of my family and frens and they too have enjoyed the wonderful experiences that i had with my family. That's why i am planning my 12th trip! Go to Harris and experience it for urselves..u won;t regret it..trust me. U can also email me at kuljag@ pacific.net.sg
Thank you Harries for everything and for being part of our lives now and many years to come.

• Liked — Everything
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2009

When you live and work in Singapore a weekend visit to the Harris Resort is such a relief! I have stayed there often and the staff have become like friends. The welcome is always warm and as a regular visitor I often get little treats like a fruit bowl or an oil burner in my room. Nothing is ever too much trouble for the staff and Stylianos, the General Manager, is always there to talk to and full of interesting information.I love the sea facing rooms, which give me a sense of space after Singapore. The rooms are huge and I have always found them to be super clean. The beds are wonderful. I love the bath tub, though sadly the plugs don't work very well so the precious hot water often drains away. One bonus is that this is a very easy place to get to, the trip doesn't require any planning, just a telephone call to the hotel and the journey is only 45minutes. It is not a five star resort but it is a value for money one and you can always get a nice massage!

• Liked — Wonderful Staff
  • Disliked — Price of Food and Drink
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2009

My trip to Batam was indeed a relaxed and enjoyable one. I chose Harris purely on reviews on other website, but when i was there to experience it myself, it was truly an unforgetable experience.

The outlook of the resort is very cosy and although it was in the midst of upgrading, the premise is always kept clean and tidy. The food is cheap and good. I was given a Cabanas room, king sized bed, open concept shower area and a nice balcony area with a sea view.

• Stayed January 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to HARRIS Resort Batam Waterfront? Share your experiences!