“EXCELLENT” 4 of 5 stars
Review of HARRIS Resort Batam Waterfront

You added HARRIS Resort Batam Waterfront to your Saves list
HARRIS Resort Batam Waterfront
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   K.H. Ahmad Dahlan Street | Marina Waterfront City, Riau Islands Province 29422, Indonesia   |
Special Price
15% off room rate
Ranked #8 of 75 Hotels in Batam
“EXCELLENT”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

I had doubts after the negative reviews I read. But went through with the booking for a 2 day 1 night stay with my family of 5. I was not expecting much considering the 'okay' priced. But I was indeed surprised with the welcomed mode that was enjoyable after about approximately 1 hour journey with the scorching heat.

Congratulations for all the HARRIS crews. Be it the reception counter, Sea sports staff , Dining ( EVERYONE)!!!..They are all so helpful, smiley, courteous always acknowledging us no matter where we go around the resort.

This will definitely not going to be the last holiday destination for us but many!

The one thing I wanted to bring up was the bowling alley that was rather a run down. the room was filled with mosquitoes. On the event I went over to bowl on the 11th april evening the male staff who was at the counter was against the hubby and my daughter from using our own bowling shoes..yes we brought with us bowling shoes and ball.

My family is a avid bowling players. Since we knew that harris has a bowling alley we brought ours personally. The staff insist that we rent the shoes there. It is like telling us that if we were to enter a bowling alley elsewhere NONE is allowed to brought theirs.RIDICULOUS, As long as we paid for the games , that matters. After another staff intervenes only then we were allowed to play..But the mood was just not there. After 2 games ( when we thought of having more) we just could not continue. Even the next day event that includes bowling we cancelled.

But still HARRIS ! we definitely had a good time !!

last but not least a very good compliment to ANNA JADE ( H-SPA) for being such a good host to us! we even exchange numbers!!.she is such a sweetie, going out extra mile for us. THANK YOU SO MUCH !

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (164)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I don't write much reviews but husband and I were very impressed with Harris and their service so I think I must, must send my thanks with praises. So this is going to be long.

The booking was handled very swiftly despite my numerous questions - thanks to Linda of front desk reservations. Booked a honeymoon package, given an upgrade to the Japanese suite. Upon reaching Waterfront Terminal, a staff dressed in their signature orange polo uniform was there smiling holding a card with my name printed and guided me to the free shuttle. Short trip, under 5 mins.

The first impression upon seeing the building was not that good, the façade was old though colourful, the surroundings like most of Batam, not lush and green. It looked more like a city hotel than resort. That was swiftly put to the back of our mind when we were greeted very cheerfully by the front counter and the view of the resort from inside. Huge pools, bright white furniture and glass panels that let in a lot of light. Try the welcome drink, I loved it! Check in was smooth, need to pay a deposit of approximately SGD 20+. Our room was ready for us by then. Surprise and joy replaced any initial doubts we had.

We opened the door to our lovely suite with a assault on our senses - a lovely aroma of lemongrass greeted us the minute we opened the door. The aircon was on, cooling us from the heat of the day. The bed was decorated as promised, there were plates of cookies and oranges waiting for us on the table in the living room along with a personalized greeting card asking me to enjoy my stay, rose petals in the bathtub. It was simply terrific. The suite comprises of a bedroom upon entrance with a kind size bed on the floor, a main bathroom cum toilet with a bathtub, a living hall with a small toilet, an outdoor stone tub at the balcony good for 3, This tub is in an "opened" area shaded by bamboo plants around the planter, I doubt anyone could peek over but if you are concerned like me, I wore my swimsuit in there. The floor is parquet, not carpet - I am perfectly fine with that. Yes, i agree that certain parts of the room are dated, slightly worn, the Japanese doors to the tub balcony is diff to push, the wooden floor bed frame is scratched, the bathrobe is not the fluffy sort but of thin cotton. But overall I think it is really value for money. Oh, there is free strong wifi in the room and in the cafe too.

The service staff in the cafe where we had lunch was terrific, friendly and eager to serve. The cafe is meant for families - so no smoking was allowed contrary to many places in Batam so that was good. There's a bar next to the cafe for smokers. Food is to our liking and alike many others before me, the pizza is really yummy - SGD 15+-.

Our package came with a 1.5hr aroma therapy massage & 0.5hr bath in a couple room. The spa is located on the third level of the older wing. No lift (or we didnt find one). The building was sort of old and rather lonely looking. I noted there was no air-conditioning in the public common areas of the resort - not even in the spa reception area. Due to our time slot in the afternoon, they put us in a air-con room instead of the outdoor gazebo - though I will really love to try it out next time. The massage room was huge, with a rest bed and a big bath area complete with jazucci and shower area. Massage is not as good too soft for my liking. We topped up for a body scrub and body mask. I suggest for you to try the scrub if your skin is not sensitive, it really really took layers of dead skin off and they paid attention to problem areas like elbows, heels, and even between your toes! The mask was not that fantastic, the texture was runny - perhaps I was dreaming of a luxurious thick creamy mask. They spread it on your back, leave you alone for 20 mins, come back spread the rest on your front and leave you for another 20 mins - that was kind of boring. The sequence was massage - scrub - mask - bath. The "bath'' was a 30min jacuzzi time in murky water, my husband insisted the water was clear when we stepped in. I supposed that the remains of the mask + our scrubbed-off dead skin were what made the water murky... so maybe we should rinse off at the shower before getting into the bath. I spend less than 15 minutes in the tub because I didn't enjoy hot baths but those 15 mins were good enough to soak off whatever remained behind from the scrub and feeling happy about my newly found smooth skin. We were changed and out of the massage room before the masseurs could return to tell us that our time was up.

Candlelight dinner was scheduled at 8pm, but we overun at the spa. As we approached the cafe, 3 staff was waiting for us smiling. A table was set up by the pool, though the candle came after the first course haha. The food was good and service impeccable, a staff seemed to be around at a distance to note our every need. Everytime we finished a course, they will clear our plates and the next course soon follows. And they even noted my fear of cats. There were a family of them, probably waiting for scraps and were rather daring. The first time, my husband shoo them away and the service staff noticed that. From then on, each time the cat comes near, one of them goes running after them with a water spray. The sight of man and cat was rather cute, and it warmed my heart to know they cared enough to chase cats for silly me. A big thank you!!!

Next day at check out, same level of service follows. We expressed out thanks to the staff and because we had enjoyed ourselves so much, we mentioned that we were going to bring the kids over during the holidays. One of them brought us to see rooms that were suitable for us. On the ground floor, there were interconnecting rooms with each room having either a king bed + 1 double deck single beds or twin beds with 1 double single deck beds. Great for those with young kids and require them in one room and/ or extended families.

Taxi driver booked right at the hotel's main door was friendly. He dropped us off at Nagoya and came back for us at our requested time to send us to Batam Centre Ferry Terminal.

In all, we had a terrific time in Harris Waterfront and we are already planning to return soon. They stated that there were daily activities for kids between 3-12. But I cannot verify that since we didnt try to locate those activities. But the premises of the resort was quiet and I don't see such events going on. I think its because it was a weekday. So for those who are bringing kids on weekdays hoping to catch some activities, I strongly suggest you communicate with them via email first. I have read previous comments that service was slow and some were rude. In total honesty, the level of attentive service given to us could also be due to the fact that we went on a weekday on a non-school holiday period. There wasn't much guests around. When they are packed, they might be overwhelmed but I think they will still try their best especially when those smiles and cheerfulness we see were so sincere and genuine. Will update when I return again during "peak" periods. But as of now, thank you Harris for a memorable time. We will be back.

Room Tip: If budget allows, get the suite.
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
General Manager H, General Manager at HARRIS Resort Batam Waterfront, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear Valued Guest linda_thea,

Thank you very much for your comment, we are delighted to read you deeply enjoyed in HARRIS Resort Waterfront Batam fully dedicated to hotel facilities and activities.

On the behalf of all players of HARRIS Resort Waterfront , we are pleased you enjoyed the warm welcome during your check-in process, during your stay until check out from our Resort. Your comments will be passed on to all HARRIS players especially for the service from our HARRIS players made your stay pleasant.

Dear Valued Guest linda_thea, thank you once again for choosing to stay in our Resort and I am glad to hear that your stay with us was a memorable one. We look forward to welcoming you and your family back soon.

We wish you have an excellent weekend ahead.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

I m from singapore n i visited this resort in 1 week of april,, chech in was fast n they did return farry ticket for u,, so u no need to worry about ur return farry tickets,, the servive n stuff approach n respond was fast..the area was clean, the pools was clean,,everything was so goods and nice to stay with family because there have many activities for adult and children, wprth to stay,, will be stay there again for sure

Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Dear Valued Guest shahliss,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your stay in HARRIS Resort Waterfront Batam.

We are delighted you and your family had fun and good time in our property dedicated to our hotel facilities and happy to hear that our HARRIS players with their outstanding service provided met your needs and expectations.

Dear Valued Guest shahliss, thank you again for your review, we are looking forward to welcome you again for your next trip in Batam. Wish you a wonderful weekend ahead.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I had a good stay there on 14th Mar - 17th Mar 2015. Just spent 4D3N at the resort with my family and had a fabulous time. All the staff are friendly and really went out of their way to make us feel at home. There were 8 of us (2 adults and 6 kids) sharing 2 connecting rooms, as per our request. We had a splendid breakfast. Donna the staff from front office really make our stay a happy one!! Even the staffs from the restaurant was excellent.My kids loves the pizza there. Every afternoon after their swimming, they request to order pizza. The pool is big and pretty well managed. Great choice for a short getaway for both adults and children.
I had made a booking again on 30 April - 3rd May 2015. This time is only 5 of us. (2 adults & 3kids)I would like to say a big thank you to Uli & Linda from reservation department to help me all the way for my next vacation. They even went to the extend to give the same room we had. My 11yrs old girl requested to be there again on her birthday & same room. When I email to to Linda & Uli, they had reserved the room we wanted & also giving a complimentary cake for my daughter.
Don't be surprise if I said I had made another booking for 7 Aug - 9Aug 2015 again!!!! This time we had a few batch of family joining us!!! Appreiciate if they could do something on the wifi as its quite slower if too many using it..
But overall everything is worth it.
Honestly its really value for money!!!!

• Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
Dear Valued Guest Nana_Aimz,

On the behalf of all the HARRIS players and Management Team, I would like to take the opportunity to thank you for choosing HARRIS Resort Waterfront Batam for your holidays to share your experience during stay in our Resort.

We are very pleased that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us. Kindly be informed that Linda, Uli and all HARRIS players have been delighted when informed about your special note from your review. Your satisfaction is our priority.

Dear Valued Guest Nana_Aimz, thank you for taking time to review our property. We are glad to hear that you will be return again and again to our Resort. We can’t wait to welcoming you again.We wish you a pleasant day ahead.

Excellent for all the team at Haris Resort Batam:
- reservation
- front office
- room service
- f&b
- sport centre (bowling & swimming pool crew).
Keep up the good work, I and my family will be back to Haris Resort soon...

Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Dear Valued Guest arieriduan,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share regarding your stay at HARRIS Resort Waterfront Batam and letting us know about your stay at our hotel.

We are delighted to read your note about the "excellent services" . Your comments will be passed on to all HARRIS players, especially for the outstanding service provided to you.

Dear Valued Guest arieriduan, thank you for your review.We are look forward to welcoming you back soon and we wish you an excellent day ahead.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I had a good stay in harris resort, though the rates were close to sgd rates the quality of food was there. Nice place to stay. I am though very disappointed with their water sports management, the manager was Mambo, as for my 3 days stay each day i came by to ask about the waterski, each day Mambo gave me a reason till the final day without a specific reason and he was more concerned about people whom are either taking the ATV or kayak. I hope the harris resort takes some action on this, as if the waterski and wakeboarsing equipments is not being used, to remove on the list of things to do, as you will have more disgruntled customers just like me. Thank you!

Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends
Dear Valued Guest A R,

Thank you very much for your time, sharing your experience in HARRIS Resort Waterfront Batam.

We were sorry to receive some negative comments from your part but were also very pleased that overall you enjoyed your stay with us.
Kindly be informed that sea sport operator is a third party which is not under HARRIS Management. We already informed them about this inconvenience and also ask them to improve their activities and the material.We hope that the minor problems will not prevent you from returning back to us for your future holidays.

Dear Valued Guest A R, thank you once again for your feedback. We are looking forward to having you again to stay in our resort. I wish you an excellent day ahead.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Warm and inviting! All the staff made us feel welcome and we're always smiling and ready to assist. Food was very good! Enjoyed most of my meals in the resort. Will definitely want to return to Harris Batam soon!

• Stayed April 2015
Dear Valued Guest Drr1403,

Thank you very much to share your positive comment during stay in HARRIS Resort Waterfront Batam.

We are delighted to read you deeply enjoyed your stay with us and has been pleased by the service delivery from all HARRIS players.

Dear Valued Guest Drr1403 , thank you again for your positive comment and we are looking forward to welcome you again for your trip to visit us in the nearest time.

We wish you a pleasant weekend ahead.

gm-harris-batamwaterfront@tauzia.com

Been to HARRIS Resort Batam Waterfront? Share your experiences!