“a good business hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of HARRIS Resort Batam Waterfront

Save Saved
You added HARRIS Resort Batam Waterfront to your Saves list
HARRIS Resort Batam Waterfront
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   K.H. Ahmad Dahlan Street | Marina Waterfront City, Riau Islands Province 29422, Indonesia   |
Special Price
Special Offer
Ranked #8 of 71 hotels in Batam
Penang Island, Malaysia
“a good business hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Hotel is located very near to the Ferry terminal "batam Center". rooms are of reasonable size and with basic amenities. The appearance of the hotel is well done, with soothing colours. Water pressure at the shower is very good. There is a mall located opposite to the hotel. if you are on a holiday, you will be disappointed with this hotel as there are no entertainment or shops/ eateries around the hotel. You need to take a taxi to Nagoya, which is really the Center of Batam. As I was on a business trip, I did not mind much. But, if I go from holiday, I will choose a hotel near Nagoya..

Room Tip: choose a room at a higher level. The hotel is located along the main road.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled on business

767 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (128)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW via mobile

Stayed here on a couple of occasions because its cheap. Like i said what you pay is what you get.

Had a few horrible incidents happen during my respective stays here.

Rusty faucets > gross looking water. You cant even get wifi in some of the rooms and they justify it by saying its "because its too far" sometimes the water isnt even warm when you turn on the heater. This hotel needs alot of MAINTENANCE

Staff are friendly in general but one particular staff stands out for his extreme rudeness. WHAT A JERK. I think he's a manager or something, the tall balding fella i forgot his name. But come on, you work in hotel line, so its about SERVICE in case he forgot. Really rude guy. Encountered him on a couple of occassions. I have to commend him on his consitency, IN BEING RUDE. I cannot emphasize enough how rude this guy is. Even when you talk to him nicely.

Good luck if you ever encounter him.

• Stayed June 2014
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

It was my second time to Harris waterfront, a 2d1n isnt enough to explore the whole harris unless u literally come batam to just stay only at the hotel. Harris staffs were very friendly and welcoming, they speak proper English too. Breakfast buffet was so so, like other usual hotels. Wifi is almost everywhere in the hotel, which is good, not much of a hassle to log in. its near to the waterfront city terminal too. Shuttle bus to nagoya mall got only a few timings, would be better to have more and more to other places, booked the shuttle bus, was late for 10mins, but they were waiting, so nice of them. Massage was to the standard of an Indonesian massage, satisfied with it. Would come back again to explore Harris activities and games.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

The "complimentary shuttle" only goes to the Harbourfront Ferry Terminal, which only has once-a-day ferries from Singapore most days. We had to buy a one-way ticket to Sekupang and then pay for a taxi on arrival. For departure we used the shuttle to the Harbourfront, one-way back to Singapore.

If you can't stand cigarette smoke I recommend not coming. Customs and Immigration employees in Sekupang were smoking a few feet from us, inside the terminal building! This was a shock coming from clean Singapore. Around the pool, at the entrance, and in front of the restaurant there are always smokers.

My wife and I loved the reflexology massage and sort of enjoyed the full-body massage, which had to be given inside our room because of spa renovations.

The resort was a mixed bag.

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Singapore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We stayed 3D2N at the Harris Resort in Batam. My family including 3 young children, 2 grannies, my hubby and I enjoyed the overall experience. We went there during Singapore national day, the place was so crowded with people. Check in took us 20 mins.. I'm happy that my family were entertained by the welcome dance performance (gingham style). It gave a good start to the vacation. With cold towel and drinks offered to them while i managed the check-in with a very kind and patient lady, Uni. She speaks good english and managed to get us an interconnecting room in the old wing. It's a crowd, how else can I asked for.. appreciate it! Another kind gesture by another staff to check us into the room first when he saw that we have young kids. *thumbs up for the attentiveness*

We bought the national day BBQ buffet dinner at $35 per pax. The spread was ok, however the BBQ spread was quite disappointing. For $35 bucks, I would expect better food. The noodles were super saltish. Genuine feedback if better food is served, this resort is sure a-must go.
Furthermore, there was a corporate event at the new wing, which is just a swimming pool apart. Two loud stage performance don't make a pleasant dinner experience. too noisy..

The rooms in the old wing are a little under maintained. The kids loves the bath tub and their comfy beds, so that's a trade off. Housekeeping services were speedy when we reported that there's no bath towels in the room.

The recreation part of the resort is pretty well equipped! My kids enjoyed the ATV ride which they are allowed to be seated in front. The swimming pool was a highlight for the young children by default. We tried the mini-trishaw where my 2 kiddos were in there while I'm riding it. Tiring but fun :)

I brought my little girl for her manicure therapy there. Since it was her birthday celebration. She enjoyed being pampered. The massage which came together with the groupon deal was actually pretty good. all the adults took turn to go and slept well that night. Good thing we reserved early. I think many people were turn away as they are fully booked for the day

For the Dino kids club, i totally agree with the other reviews here. It's time to change those toys.. they are pretty old and dusty. Brought the kids there but ended up creating our own games to play.

Well, there are many activities we have yet to try like pizza making, fun fishing (we were scared by mosquitoes at the Harris-Camp), flying fox, karaoke, tennis court, mini paint ball..
I would say this place is a good place if you just want to spend family bonding time, there are good options of fun to explore and bond.

Room Tip: New wing looks better with newer rooms. Old wings has bath tubs.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Valenzuela, Rizal, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I only stayed for a night but ai wished I could've stayed longer. The palce is quiet and peaceful. Staffs and helpful, accommodating and friendly. I love the beef rendang and beans. I love swimking in their pool. The view from my hotel window is awesome and breath taking. I super like the place and highly recommended. Baik baik.

• Stayed August 2014
Singapore, Singapore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Stayed 1 night at Harris Resort Batam Waterfront on the 16Aug'14 with a group of friends last weekend. The free shuttle bus (14 seater) provided came at quite a high frequency. Didn't really have to wait too long to hop on the bus.

Upon arrival, awaiting for you is the welcome dance, drinks, and drinks. Pretty cool. At least we were well-entertained for a while as we wait to be check-in. However, the process was just too long. It took us almost 1 hour over the counter (excluding the queuing time) to check in. It wasn't pleasant since most of us were tired and hungry, and it was especially tough for the children and the pregnant traveller. Lucky there was WIFI, so we could at least keep ourselves entertained with our mobile phones.

When we received our keys, all of us brought our luggages to the old wing only to realise that our rooms is actually at the new wing. It would have been good if the reception has given a gentle reminder on our rooms. So much time was wasted that we had to forgo some planned activities.

If you want to play bowling, try going during the day (before dinner time). That's when it is less crowded. The pools were pretty empty with lots of space to move around.

The rooms was pretty spacious. Lots of space to move around. WIFI connectivity in the room is also pretty strong. Although the air con kept the room cool, the noise coming the compressor can be a bit loud sometimes. A pity that my balcony door can't be opened. If not, we could have let some fresh air in, instead of just relying on the air con.

Room Tip: Choose room facing the beach if you prefer your room to be quite. Room facing the pools can be a bit...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends

Been to HARRIS Resort Batam Waterfront? Share your experiences!