“A Family resort” 4 of 5 stars
Review of HARRIS Resort Batam Waterfront

Save Saved
You added HARRIS Resort Batam Waterfront to your Saves list
HARRIS Resort Batam Waterfront
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   K.H. Ahmad Dahlan Street | Marina Waterfront City, Riau Islands Province 29422, Indonesia   |
Special Price
Special Offer
Ranked #8 of 72 Hotels in Batam
Batam, Indonesia
“A Family resort”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

A nice and convenient resort to spend your holiday with family.
the room was very clean, Staff are very friendly And Breakfast was excellent. I couldn't ask for more! And I love the huge pool. Definately will be back to spend my holiday in this resort again :)

• Stayed July 2014
executive5, General Manager at HARRIS Resort Batam Waterfront, responded to this review, July 19, 2014
Dear HARRIS Fan NNie OS,

Sunny Greetings from the Resort of Smiles where all is Pleasure and Fun,

Thank you for taking the time to share your so positive experience during your stay in our hotel with other travelers.
Indeed we are a family Resort and we do have many families visit us to enjoy the facilities and all the activities we offer for children.
Thank you for the special mention on the friendliness of our staff that offered you the simple unique and friendly service with a genuine smile.

On Behalf of all the HARRIS Players I would like to thank you for choosing our Resort for your holidays and relaxation and we are looking forward to having you with us in the near future.

HARRIS Resort Waterfront Batam

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (135)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

Been there more than five times and it still remains the love of my heart. The staff are always ever so helpful and friendly that it brings a smile to your face too. The swimming pool is the best ever. Watersports I would not recommend cause I like to play water sports in clean and clear water. The setback however is if you are not going out of the resort the cost of activities in the resort are quite expensive. So if you go in bigger groups, company can make up for entertainment. Otherwise, smaller groups with plans to just chill at the lounge or pool or the seaside would be great too.

Room Tip: The ferry for Harris Resort will arrive at Waterfront bay and they have free transport to the resort...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
executive5, General Manager at HARRIS Resort Batam Waterfront, responded to this review, July 17, 2014
Dear HARRIS Fan Zsiti,

Sunny Greetings from the Resort of Smiles!!!!

Thank you very much for your time to share your review with us and all your comments coming
from you as being a repeat guest means a lot.

We are glad to see that you are always enjoying your self and we have taken in consideration all your constructive comments in order to improve our services for your next visit.
Thank you once again for your special mention on the friendliness of our staff and the courteous service provided to all of your family.

On behalf of all the HARRIS players we thank you for always choosing our Resort for your relaxation and we are looking forward to having you with us once again.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

Stayed at the Harris Waterfront Waterfront Resort in Batam for a weekend getaway. Top notch service and extremely helpful staff. Was assisted by Linda in booking and she made it smooth sailing for me and the folks. The place was clean, serene and one of the staff-Johan took care of everything. Was amazed with the personal touch. Hotels may be grand but without friendly and helpful service they become just a lodging spot. That's what makes this place different. Would definitely stay again for a longer duration. Food is so so though the Thin Crust Pizza rocks. The only problem is that it is a bit far from Nagoya Mall and Batam Centre but having said that, they provide a shuttle to and fro to Nagoya Hill Shopping Centre. Keep it up Harris Resort. You guys rock.
Glenn Mark

Room Tip: Ask for a sea facing room. The view is magnificent in the morning. All rooms are quiet as can be.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Dear HARRIS Fan Glenn M

Sunny Greetings from the Resort of Smiles,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your so positive and excellent comments with us and many other travelers of the world.

If I may repeat one of your key sentences in your report "HOTELS MAY BE GRAND BUT WITHOUT FRIENDLY AND HELPFULL SERVICE THEY BECOME JUST A LODGING SPOT."
I could not agree better and this is what HARRIS is all about with a genuinely friendly and helpful staff and atmosphere we like to have our guests feel like at home.
We will pass on the comments to our Player that has managed to remain in your memory for his outstanding services and we thank you for all your comments on our Pizza our best selling item in our hotel.

On Behalf of all the HARRIS Players thank you for choosing our resort for your relaxation and we are looking forward to welcoming you with us in the near future.

singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014 via mobile

I recommended if ur going with your partner as its a romantic short getaway at this resort.Try to get the new wing facing the huge swimming pool.Its really had a nice scenary especially at nite.And when comes in the morning time,u can hear the joyful kids having fun at the pool.But if u have the sea view,its been dull and the there's tree blocking the view.nothing to see though.And abit creepy when comes to nite time.(my family get the sea view haha)
The resort provide shuttle bus to and fro to nagoya shoppin mall.so its convinient for shopping(its takes 20mins).When come to nite time,its the best when u come down to the pool and relax.U can hear romantic song sung by the live band at resort restaurant.candles will be lit up ard the pool too!(romantic!)All the harris personnel are friendly,smiling alwaes when they see us!Very welcoming
Lastly the breakfast was a huge spread.Its a good romantic gateway for couple or even families too

• Stayed August 2013
executive5, General Manager at HARRIS Resort Batam Waterfront, responded to this review, July 7, 2014
Dear HARRIS Fan Haizadkin,

Sunny Greetings From the Resort of Smiles where all is Pleasure and Fun,

Thank you very much for your so nice comments in regards to your stay with us and we are glad that overall your romantic gateway was a success.

We are glad that all our staff has been courteous with you and all the persons you met were smiling and helpful.
Indeed our hotel has very romantic corners and you can enjoy great sunsets by our H - Grill restaurant by the sea.
Our buffet breakfast has been recently upgraded and our spread is quite extensive we are glad that you also enjoyed that as well.

On behalf of all the HARRIS Players we would like to thank you for choosing our Resort for your holidays relaxation and romance and we are looking forward to having you with us again.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

We stayed on 9Jun14 for 3 nights.

Poor points( for improvement ;) )
1) Swimming pool is dirty, sandy.
2) Weekdays, not much event. Dino club programmes are not running.
3) Dino club is the facility we visited most, hence i have more to reflect and suggest to the mgt.
* Soft toys near the door of Dino club are given off moist, weird smell. Not very welcoming. Should consider throwing away.
* play dough are black. Pls consider changing.
* toys or crafts seem to be self service. Do stack or label properly.
* Do consider putting sign of "pls remove shoes before entry" outside the club room.
* hope that the toys are sterile or clean often.
4) Good if a sign can show time of (foot massage or Dino club,etc ) staff return when they are away for breaks.

Good points:
1) Staff are really friendly. Most of them greet us with big smile. Keep it up !
2) Wide variety Breakfast
3) The food(eg. split pizza, pasta and salmon fried rice)at the hotel's restaurant are the best we had at Batam(compare to food at the Malls).
4) The first time I see hotel lobby offering biscuit at the counter(usually candy). Unique! Taste good, my hubby likes it very much.

We will return again !

Room Tip: We requested for a sea view, new wing and was given. The room is big. However at level four, blocked...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
executive5, General Manager at HARRIS Resort Batam Waterfront, responded to this review, July 9, 2014
Dear HARRIS Fan 18MayHM,

Sunny Greetings from the Resort of Smiles where all is Pleasure and Fun,

Thank you very much for your time to share your comments and feedback with us during your stay.

We definitely look into all your constructive comments to improve our services offered to future clients and we do thank you for all the positive remarks in regards to our staff friendliness and quality of services and food offered.

On behalf of all the HARRIS Players I would like to thank you once again for choosing our Resort and we are looking forward to welcoming you with us once again.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

My trip to Batam was definitely a pleasant one, thanks to Harris.
Upon arriving at the hotel, we were greeted with speedy and efficient service and were surrounded by a warm and friendly atmosphere. Within minutes, we had settled our accommodation, return ferry tickets as well as shuttle to Nagoya. Not only that, since we bought a package from deal.com, our massage timing was also settled all at one go upon arrival.
While walking to our rooms, the staff were very hospitable and showed us the way since we got a bit lost. The rooms were also very clean and we were satisfied with the state of the room we were presented.
Room service was quick and the staff at Harries were attentive to the various requests we had. When we were making taxi bookings, they were also very kind to recommend us places of interests to visit and made effort to strike conversations with us.
I would definitely recommend Harris to any traveler coming to Batam, their service makes the entire experience a wholesome and enjoyable one.

Room Tip: Get rooms in the no smoking zone.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear HARRIS Fan Suffang,

Sunny Greetings from the Resort of Smiles where all is Pleasure and Fun,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your holiday experience with us and we are more glad to see that you had such a great time.

As you describe very well the friendly atmosphere is immediately felt from the first moment you
visit our Resort and all our staff is always more than happy to assist you in every way and when you need anything are always there to help.

On behalf of all the HARRIS Players we would like to thank you for choosing our Resort and we are looking forward to having you with us again.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

Short trip to Batam and had booked this hotel through my agent. It was so unpleasant welcome I got. While checkin at the counter, handled by Nana (or Mona maybe), she looks so confused when I gave my voucher. She asked me when did I make this booking? This is ridiculous, she can simple look at the voucher and there's confirmation by Dessy, their reservation agent I think. For someone who really tired of tons duty things, what I really need is rest. It still continued anyway. She asked me to wait 'couple minutes'. What she really meant for 'couple minutes' is exactly 18 minutes. I'm so stressful at that time.
Finally, she told me that my reservation was just created by today. Well, then what? It's not my business. They should make a good coordination between intern department. No chit chat anymore, I grabbed my key and go to my room. Well the nightmare comes again. Unfortunately for me, while checkout time, the same receptionist handle my bill. Oh my.. I was expecting another staff to handle it, but since there's no choice, I've to let her handle it then. Almost the same issue again, I had to wait almost 15 min before she let me go after I asked her for my room checking. I will never ever back to this hotel. It's a nightmare for a traveler who made a booking through travel agent. Is it because we pay cheaper if booking through agent? I hope their management could deep brief such of this staff to avoid lost bookings in future.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Dear HARRIS Fan JuanL,

Sunny Greetings from the Resort of Smiles where all is Pleasure and Fun,

Thank you for the time taken to share your personal opinion about your stay with us and the services provided by our Resort.

We are sorry to see that your overall experience has been influenced by our handling of your reservation and we are sorry to see that you would like to have a more faster service but unfortunately due to a very last minute reservation correspondence had to be checked.

Nevertheless we thank you for your feedback in order to rectify our procedures if need to. Please allow me to say that maybe your overall judgment is maybe based on one incident that does not reflect the whole hotel services.

On behalf of all the HARRIS Players I would like to thank you for having stayed at our Resort.

HARRIS Resort Waterfront Batam

Been to HARRIS Resort Batam Waterfront? Share your experiences!