It had been five years since we visited Harris Resort at Batam. We recently re-visited during the long weekend of October. We were amazed with the hassle free clearance when we arrived at the Waterfront Ferry Terminal. The Harris Resort Staff were there to collect our passport and help us with our clearance. We just have to go ahead and take the transport to the resort. This is something we have never experienced before in anywhere. A typical clearance will take you about ten minutes or more.
Our check-in was smooth as well with free Pan Pizza voucher offered by the GM of the resort, who was at the reception greeting all the guests who were checking in. This has been the same since we first visited the resort five years ago. He shared with us of the new facilities which they have. We were amazed with such the big changes that have been done and the improvement the resort has made. Most of the staff were well-versed in English and greeted everyone with a smile.
On the second day after we checked-in, we were late for breakfast arriving just as the restaurant staff were starting to keep the food. To our pleasant surprise, the restaurant staff were ever so helpful, bringing generous portions of food and beverages to our table and asking if we needed any thing else before proceeding with their original task of keeping the food. We were extremely grateful for their thoughts. This was something we had never experienced before in the many places we traveled.
One of the reasons we went for this trip was to celebrate my birthday. After our dinner on the day of my birthday, we went to the bakery to get a slice of cake. However, they had run out of cheese cake. We asked the cashier if they have any more cheese cake at the kitchen for us to purchase as it was my birthday and I wanted to celebrate with my favorite cheese cake. He said he was not sure as all the cakes are usually displaced for selection. He said he would check it for us. A few minutes later, a Manager came to us and asked if he could help. Upon knowing of our request, he asked us to wait for his call in our room so that he could check it. After a while, a lady called us to confirm they have the cheese cake and would send to our room. About several minutes, we heard the door bell and opened the door, and to our amazement, the GM, the Manager and two of the staff were at the door singing birthday song to me in three languages. This was something out of our expectations and it made this trip so memorable and sweet.
We intend to return soon to Batam and Harris Resort.
- Also Known As:
- Harris Resort Batam Waterfront Hotel
- Harris Resort Batam Waterfront Hotel Batam
- Batam Harris Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A friendly resort facing the strait of Singapore and the sea view with spacious accommodation and giant free form swimming pool. Strategic destination and a perfect vacation spot for couples, families or business purposes. With 315 rooms and suites including 20 cabanas, this hotel has the largest number of room provided in Funky and Trendy Wing.Harris Funky will cater the needs of your most discerning family member while easily keeping the whole group occupied and satisfied. Harris Trendy has the newest and trendiest all inclusive concepts, reserved exclusively for couples and singles over 18 years old of age. Asia’s one of its kind, an all inclusive concept welcomes couples and singles to experience carefree days and endless irresistible nights in Batam. The over 18, adults-only atmosphere allows event the most conventional of guest to throw caution-to-the-wind and experience life like never before. Located just 40 minutes away from Harbourfront Center Singapore, Harris Resort Batam try to persuade its guests to linger with a plethora of water sports & indoor entertainment in the form of a ten-lane bowling alley, Squash & billiards, Go kart, Flying Fox or sea sport activities. Soothe the muscles with one of our treatments at the spa, foot reflexology facilities or head to the giant free-form pool. The H-Spa an oasis of calm and serenity with breathtaking sea views and sunset in the afternoon, provide Harris Fans with a haven to luxuriate and pamper themselves with a selection of Body and Facial treatments masterfully executed by highly trained therapists. Five outlets to ease hunger pains are available by providing Indonesian, Asian and Western cuisines. Harris Cafe, which is located at 1st floor with opening hours from 06:00 am – 11:00 pm, serving Indonesian, Asian and Western food. Pronto Pizzeria, an al fresco pizzeria, presenting a wide variety of authentic freshly baked Italian wooden oven pizzas, open daily from 10:00 am – 11:00 pm. Harris Grill, located at the sea side serving European dishes, opens daily 07:00 – 11:00 p.m. D’Cafe, presenting a wide variety of Coffee, Frappe and Teas. Not only that, but you also can have your favorite healthy fresh fruit juice from our menu. Open daily from 11:00 am – 11:00 pm. D’Bar, a place where you can enjoy your drinks with live honey home entertainment. Variety of alcoholic beverages such as beers, wines, liquers are available for you. Opening hours from 06:00 pm – 01:00 amA range of meeting room size is ready to accommodate 20 – 400 persons with high technology facilities in both buildings.Whether you come for business or leisure, Harris Resort Batam is one choice that you will never regret to make. Come, enjoy and experience the friendliest hospitality in the island. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Booking.com, Priceline, Otel and Tingo so you can book your HARRIS Resort Batam Waterfront reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.