We have just returned from a Harris stay. We originally booked 2 nights and stayed only 1 night because we really didn't think the 2nd night was worth it. Reasons are listed below.
Having read and re-read the reviews on Harris, I can only state that the following is based on my own personal experience and expectations which seem quite different to those that really enjoyed their stay!
Firstly, the staff are great. They try hard and their enthusiastic and helpful. The resort is clean, modern although sterile in it's decor and ambiance.
We had in mind a lush and relaxing resort & beach get-away.
1) Batam and the surrounding area is highly industrial and this is very visible from the resort. The water is not clean or inviting. There is a massive sewerage pipe running from the resort out to sea.
2) the cabanas, where we stayed, are located in one of the most unkept / dirtiest beaches I have ever seen at a resort. Dear Management: clean it up because its state is unacceptable. There is rubbish and unidentifiable industrial material strewn all over it.
3) the resort is under construction and the cabanas back onto the construction site. ¸The noise was disruptive and continued until 10pm. We have 2 kids under 3 years so the construction noise was a factor to us as we were based approx. 5m away. We were not warned about the construction.
4) the pool looked good on the web and not too bad in person but there's little shade / lush foliage to really make a pleasant stay. It was hot and without a lot of shade it was really unbearable.
During our stay we went to diner at the waterfront Delima 'restaurant' and that was a good feed and very cheap S$24 for few dishes and beer. $3 taxi fare to get there.
Overall, I personally cannot recommend Batam and therefore Harris for a short relaxing, lush, beach get-away. Read the other review and you may find another reason to go.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A friendly resort facing the strait of Singapore and the sea view with spacious accommodation and giant free form swimming pool. Strategic destination and a perfect vacation spot for couples, families or business purposes. With 308 rooms and suites including 20 cabanas, this hotel has the largest number of room provided in Funky and Trendy Wing.Harris Funky will cater the needs of your most discerning family member while easily keeping the whole group occupied and satisfied. Harris Trendy has the newest and trendiest all inclusive concepts, reserved exclusively for couples and singles over 18 years old of age. Asia’s one of its kind, an all inclusive concept welcomes couples and singles to experience carefree days and endless irresistible nights in Batam. The over 18, adults-only atmosphere allows event the most conventional of guest to throw caution-to-the-wind and experience life like never before. Located just 40 minutes away from Harbourfront Center Singapore, Harris Resort Batam try to persuade its guests to linger with a plethora of water sports & indoor entertainment in the form of a ten-lane bowling alley, Squash & billiards, Go kart, Flying Fox or sea sport activities. Soothe the muscles with one of our treatments at the spa, foot reflexology facilities or head to the giant free-form pool. The H-Spa an oasis of calm and serenity with breathtaking sea views and sunset in the afternoon, provide Harris Fans with a haven to luxuriate and pamper themselves with a selection of Body and Facial treatments masterfully executed by highly trained therapists. Five outlets to ease hunger pains are available by providing Indonesian, Asian and Western cuisines. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Agoda, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Tingo, Hotels.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Asiatravel.com Holdings, HostelWorld and Venere so you can book your HARRIS Resort Batam Waterfront reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Harris Resort Batam Waterfront Hotel Batam
- Batam Harris Hotel