“Harris Resort Review” 4 of 5 stars
Review of HARRIS Resort Batam Waterfront

You added HARRIS Resort Batam Waterfront to your Saves list
HARRIS Resort Batam Waterfront
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   K.H. Ahmad Dahlan Street | Marina Waterfront City, Riau Islands Province 29422, Indonesia   |
Ranked #8 of 75 Hotels in Batam
Chennai
“Harris Resort Review”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2014

My wife and myself stayed in the resort for a weekend. The resort was worth the money it charged. The staff was very friendly and helpful during our stay. The food was very nice with a lot of vegetarian options. The food was not very expensive and it was nice. Rooms were neat and comfortable. I would definitely recommend the resort. Also if you are taking the ferry, choose the waterfront terminal as other terminal is very far and travel to resort is only by taxi which is very expensive

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
executive5, General Manager at HARRIS Resort Batam Waterfront, responded to this review, March 1, 2014
Dear Harris Fan Rpdarshini,

Sunny Greetings from the Resort of Smiles where all is Pleasure and Fun,

We would like to thank you for taking the time to share your so positive review and experience with many other travelers and your so positive feedback to us during your stay.

We are glad that overall your experience has been a positive one and the special mention of our friendly and helpful staff along with the quality of the food shows we managed well to fulfill your expectations.

On behalf of all the HARRIS Players we like to thank you for choosing our property for your holidays and we are looking forward to having you with us in the near future.

HARRIS Resort Waterfront Batam

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (142)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2014

It was my husband's first visit to Harris Hotel and I surprised him by booking over at Waterfront side. I been there a few times before with my family when I was younger and I still have fond memories.
Upon arrival, we were greeted by smiling friendly staff everywhere and while checking in, we were welcomed with a drink. My hubby cheekily informed the staff that it was my birthday and also our anniversary and asked if there is anything the hotel could give us complimentary. Surprisingly, we do get a cake for our celebration and it will be delivered to our room.
Prior to the visit, I had requested to have something special for us when we arrived at the room to surprise my hubby and true enough, there was a rose and plate of cookies/chocolates for us upon checking in our room. He was impressed by that and was already boasting that of the great service by the staff.
While waiting for our cake to be delivered, suddenly the doorbell rang. The duty manager, Mr Johan questioned us regarding someone made a phonecall informing there is something wrong with the room and requested for someone to come over and assist immediately. As we both firmly tried to explain there was no such call from us again and again, he pushed open the door wider and then came in a group of Harris staff singing Happy Birthday to me!
Both my hubby and I were stumped for awhile as we did not expect this from them! Hahaha. I burst out laughing as we were pranked. My 1 year plus son was caught up with the commotion, he stood still looking on. Eventually after the song ended, my son cried as an aftershock.
Eventhough the hotel has been built for many years, the service and cleanliness is tip top.
All in all our entire journey was an enjoyable one and it was truly an unforgettable vacation for us.
The staff are all very friendly and my son had good interaction with them.
Thank you Mr Johan and team for the effort and memories.
We definitely will be coming down again soon, bringing our friends as well!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Dear Harris Fan Nana_Riz_Raiz,

Sunny Greetings from the Resort of Smiles where all is Pleasure and Fun,

We would like to thank you very much for your sincere and honest report shared with so many other travelers regarding your stay with us.

We are so glad that everyone had such a great time and especially that our team managed to give such a great service to you and we managed to surprise both of you equally with the birthday celebration.
We are glad that your stay overall was a pleasant and great one and thank you for the special mention of our staff.

On behalf of all the HARRIS players we are looking forward to having you here with us again.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014

My family and I were on a weekend gateway to celebrate my husband's birthday.

Before the trip, I've requested for a birthday cake to be served after dinner. This would come in as a surprise for my husband. I was expecting a simple presenting of birthday cake followed by a birthday song.

What really impressed me was that, Johan, the duty manager went all out to pre-plan the "birthday punked" with his team and punked my husband successfully! Love the "credit card fraud case" punk! My husband was punked so bad! Hahaahaha! After the punked, Johan and his team sang the birthday song together with their In house band.

Indeed it was a best birthday my husband had. And he is "can't be punked easily" type.
Thank you so much Johan for planning all this!

My children could not get enough with the recreations that the hotel offers. Cooking class, fun fishing and their favourite the Swimming Pool!

We stayed at the new block room 2501. Our room overlooked the sea. Being a videography enthusiast, my husband managed to capture a beautiful sun set time lapse. The family enjoyed the serenity of the ambience - every morning and every sunset

Thank you Harris Waterfront Resort team for making our trip a memorable one! You guys are an epitome of friendliness!

Definitely will come again!!

Stayed February 2014
Dear Harris Fan Ezan H,

Sunny Greetings from the Resort of Smiles where all is Pleasure and Fun,

We are so glad that everyone had such a great time and especially that our team managed to give such a great birthday surprise to your husband.
We are a family resort and we do have as you well described many facilities and equipment to entertain all the family and keep all happy and smiling.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2014

Was supposed to go Bandung for a short holiday and celebrate my husband"s birthday when my flight was last minute cancelled due to the volcano. We straightaway book this resort and went straight to the ferry terminal from sg airport. The room incl breakfast was so cheap. We had 2 twin bed. The single beds were the supersized one!! Enough for me, my hubby n my 2 girls to sleep in. The best memory was 4 of ur staffs came knocking on my door at 12midnight just to sing birthday song for my husband with a cake that i bought earlier :) enjoyed the activities provided by the hotel. The breakfast spread was delicious!!! Will definately come back again...

• Stayed February 2014
executive5, General Manager at HARRIS Resort Batam Waterfront, responded to this review, February 20, 2014
Dear HARRIS Fan Nurulsefira,

Sunny Greetings from the Resort of Smiles where all is Pleasure and Fun,

Thank you very much for your so nice and genuine report that you shared with so many other travelers describing your stay with us.

We are glad that overall the stay with us has been so overwhelming and that all the family had such a great time.
Thank you for the comments on our breakfast spread that you so much enjoyed and we are glad that the Birthday surprise of your husband has been engraved in your memory to connect and remember it as HARRIS Surprise.

On behalf of all the HARRIS Players I would like to thank you for choosing our Resort for your relaxation and we are looking forward to having you with us in the near future.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014

I have been a regular visitor for the longest time, since it was still called Quality Resort Batam. Excellent staff, service and food, frankly I have never encountered any complaints on any of my visits. The food quality has always been consistent, don't miss out on the wood oven pizzas! The Manager Mr Ramli is always the first friendly face to greet me at the door, together with his cheerful team of welcome dancers :)

They basically have three types of rooms - the old wing (Funky Room), the new wing and the beach cabanas. Stayed at the new wing once, nothing to shout about. I always request for the old wing rooms, they are much more spacious, although clearly old, are most comfortable for me.

The free form pool is lovely, spend most of my time there. Perfect to laze with an ice cold Bintang or my favourite, the avocado shake! The Arirang Korean/Japanese restaurant within the hotel grounds serves up surprisingly great quality fare, might seem a little pricey but not as expensive as compared to the same quality in Singapore. The lounge is always quiet (the way I like it) with an average band playing contemporary tunes. Feel free to make song requests :) They are pretty game to sometimes allow guests to take the lead!

Overall, always my choice for a short getaway. I recommend staying 4 days to fully bask in the relaxing atmosphere which the hotel was clearly made solely for.

Room Tip: Funky rooms in the old wing are older but larger. I personally prefer the pool view.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Harris Fan Jaime Z,

Sunny Greetings from the Resort of Smiles where all is Pleasure and Fun,

Thank you for taking the time to share your so genuine report with many other travelers of the world.
The feedback coming from you is a compliment to us for showing the constant maintenance of the services on the high to end to all our guests since you have been staying with us many times.

We are glad that you described so well every detail of the Resort and we are happy that you managed to enjoy all areas including our Food and Beverage Facilities also the Bar and lounge.
Thank you for the special mention of our Staff for their excellent service including our Resident Band.

On behalf of all the HARRIS Players we would like to thank you for staying with us and we are looking forward to having you in the near future for another relaxing stay.

Elk Grove, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014

While visiting Singapore I found special hotel rates at Harris Resort in Batam, Indonesia which is about a one hour boat ride from Harbor Front in Singapore. The resort features excellent food, good accommodations and a very large swimming pool. My stay at Harris Resort was significantly less expensive than any comparable hotel in Singapore.

The visit to Harris Resort was exceptional. The hotel staff was always pleasant, cheerful and provided service well beyond my expectations. It was also a true pleasure to meet the people of Batam. They were very friendly and always smiling. This was my first trip to Indonesia and I felt very safe in Batam.

Harbor Front is easily accessible from almost any location in Singapore using MRT. I traveled on MRT with a suitcase without any problems. MRT is significantly less expensive than a taxi. Cruise liners as well as boats to the islands around Singapore are located at Harbor Front.

Room Tip: All of the rooms appear to have a balcony overlooking the pool
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Dear Harris Fan Mr California Art,

Sunny Greetings from the Resort of Smiles where all is Pleasure and Fun,

We would like to thank you for your genuine report and for sharing your so positive experience with us and with many other travelers.

We are glad that your overall experience at our resort has exceeded your expectations and you have found the hotel in all aspects to be great and especially the service from our staff that made your stay unforgettable.

On behalf of all the HARRIS Players we would like to thank you for choosing our Resort for your relaxation and we look forward to having you here with us in the near future.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

This resort is super super awesome with activities that they had. I have two young childrens n had no problem making them have fun. We wanted to ride the banana boat but luck was not on our side as the sea was not in the high tight so we decided to have the motor sports which is really fun n people there was supef friendly. Breakfast buffet was a spread excepts for the nasi lemak which has to be improve as it tasted like plain white rice. We have no problem gg anywer as we have our own driver. The sheesha in the hotel was super cheap tatz only costs 80 000. Above of all,its worth our trip.3 days 2 night was not enough for us.
cheers to Harris!

• Stayed February 2014
executive5, General Manager at HARRIS Resort Batam Waterfront, responded to this review, February 16, 2014
Dear Harris Fan Lynnsky71,

Sunny Greetings from the Resort of Smiles where all is Pleasure and Fun

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your so positive holiday experience with us and with so many other travelers.

We are glad that you and your family and especially the young children had so much fun with us
and you did enjoy our facilities and your whole stay in general.

thank you for the feedback on our food and beverage and we will look into your comments for improving as well at the maximum of all our services.

On behalf of all the Harris Players we are looking forward to having you with us again in the near future.

Harrisly yours

Harris Resort Waterfront Batam

Been to HARRIS Resort Batam Waterfront? Share your experiences!