Stayed in this resort early Dec 2013.
Room: Standard room you'd find in all resorts or hotels. The aircon is old, so the whole room smelt musty. The room was done up with little touches that showed the sincerity of the staff. Toilet was also standard. Cleanliness was on par.
Staff: The staff gathered at the entrance to welcome the guests with dance which was super lively. Check in was smooth.
Dinner was BBQ by the poolside, which had a roving band to entertain the few of us (10pax, perhaps?). The staff in charge of cooking the food was helpful and friendly and they definitely remembered our faces to bring the food to us without prompt.
Food: Dinner was great; the environment by the poolside was great, definitely. Food was OK, but we actually liked the fried noodles (in which we get to choose the ingredients and portions ourselves) the most. It seemed as though the cook really put his heart and soul in the dish! It was so good we had 2nd rounds.
Breakfast was crazy. The place was crowded with rowdy children, people squeezing at tables and no one queued for food. It's basically wild wild west. Well, the unruly guests were not the hotel's fault, though. There was not much food variety and the food was nothing to rave about. The coffee was not for consumption.
Amenities: The recreation centre was at the edge of the compounds, which was rather run down. From another perspective, this is typical of a resort you find in the 1990s and this is very good if we compare to that era. Nobody really visited the centre, except for the Korean restaurant and perhaps the spa (which seemed to have no guests too). The bowling alley was like we owned the place, because we were the only players. The only crowded place was the pool.
Others: Transport was arranged to ferry guests to Nagoya shopping centre. There was only a system to ensure people paid for this service, and nothing else. No queue system, nothing to ensure that guests get onboard on the timing they wanted. Some guests were stranded at the shopping centre. I wouldn't like it if I had arranged to return at 5pm, but couldn't, because the organize didn't ensure that others who arranged for another timing were let onto the bus and resulted in us not being able to board!
Verdict: Batam, in general, is only for the desperate. You could get much better value for the same amount of money at Bintan.
- Also Known As:
- Harris Resort Batam Waterfront Hotel
- Harris Resort Batam Waterfront Hotel Batam
- Batam Harris Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A friendly resort facing the strait of Singapore and the sea view with spacious accommodation and giant free form swimming pool. Strategic destination and a perfect vacation spot for couples, families or business purposes. With 308 rooms and suites including 20 cabanas, this hotel has the largest number of room provided in Funky and Trendy Wing.Harris Funky will cater the needs of your most discerning family member while easily keeping the whole group occupied and satisfied. Harris Trendy has the newest and trendiest all inclusive concepts, reserved exclusively for couples and singles over 18 years old of age. Asia’s one of its kind, an all inclusive concept welcomes couples and singles to experience carefree days and endless irresistible nights in Batam. The over 18, adults-only atmosphere allows event the most conventional of guest to throw caution-to-the-wind and experience life like never before. Located just 40 minutes away from Harbourfront Center Singapore, Harris Resort Batam try to persuade its guests to linger with a plethora of water sports & indoor entertainment in the form of a ten-lane bowling alley, Squash & billiards, Go kart, Flying Fox or sea sport activities. Soothe the muscles with one of our treatments at the spa, foot reflexology facilities or head to the giant free-form pool. The H-Spa an oasis of calm and serenity with breathtaking sea views and sunset in the afternoon, provide Harris Fans with a haven to luxuriate and pamper themselves with a selection of Body and Facial treatments masterfully executed by highly trained therapists. Five outlets to ease hunger pains are available by providing Indonesian, Asian and Western cuisines. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Travelocity, Booking.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Priceline, Expedia, HostelWorld, Tingo, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Venere and Otel so you can book your HARRIS Resort Batam Waterfront reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.