Good - pool was huge, definitely the highlight of the resort. although when i was swimming with my goggles i noticed a lot of moss underneath the pool which meant they havent been cleaning it properly.
- a lot of activities in the hotel
- staff were very friendly and always smiling. this was admirable. they also greeted you when you bump into them.
- buffet breakfast selection was not bad
Bad - we stayed at the old wing thus our rooms were dated. crying for a renovation.
- the exterior of the old wing looks really old and dated and looks misplaced beside the new wing. they should also get rid of that harris resort sign on top of the hotel which is so very outdated.
- naturally as the hotel was old, the hallways and the rooms smelled a bit funky.
- very far from anything. you have to take taxi or the hotel shuttle to nagoya shopping center. this was really an inconvenience although the taxi fare wasnt really that expensive especially if there are 3 or 4 of you taking the cab. from sekupang terminal to harris resort, it's 80,000 rupiah. from harris resort to nagoya, it's 130,000 rupiyah.
We only stayed over the weekend at the hotel so my review above is based on our short stay. on the way back to singapore we took the ferry from batam center instead of sekupang as we went back to nagoya after checking out. the crowd at the departure hall in batam center was ridiculous. so many people probably because a lot of people usually spend the weekend in batam. the terminal couldnt accomodate. there were so many people that the guards turned off the x-ray machine or else it would further delay the queue. so you can imagine how this compromised their safety and inspection procedures.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A friendly resort facing the strait of Singapore and the sea view with spacious accommodation and giant free form swimming pool. Strategic destination and a perfect vacation spot for couples, families or business purposes. With 308 rooms and suites including 20 cabanas, this hotel has the largest number of room provided in Funky and Trendy Wing.Harris Funky will cater the needs of your most discerning family member while easily keeping the whole group occupied and satisfied. Harris Trendy has the newest and trendiest all inclusive concepts, reserved exclusively for couples and singles over 18 years old of age. Asia’s one of its kind, an all inclusive concept welcomes couples and singles to experience carefree days and endless irresistible nights in Batam. The over 18, adults-only atmosphere allows event the most conventional of guest to throw caution-to-the-wind and experience life like never before. Located just 40 minutes away from Harbourfront Center Singapore, Harris Resort Batam try to persuade its guests to linger with a plethora of water sports & indoor entertainment in the form of a ten-lane bowling alley, Squash & billiards, Go kart, Flying Fox or sea sport activities. Soothe the muscles with one of our treatments at the spa, foot reflexology facilities or head to the giant free-form pool. The H-Spa an oasis of calm and serenity with breathtaking sea views and sunset in the afternoon, provide Harris Fans with a haven to luxuriate and pamper themselves with a selection of Body and Facial treatments masterfully executed by highly trained therapists. Five outlets to ease hunger pains are available by providing Indonesian, Asian and Western cuisines. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, HostelWorld, Travelocity, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Agoda, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your HARRIS Resort Batam Waterfront reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Harris Resort Batam Waterfront Hotel Batam
- Batam Harris Hotel