“Good for a short trip” 3 of 5 stars
Review of HARRIS Resort Batam Waterfront

Save Saved
You added HARRIS Resort Batam Waterfront to your Saves list
HARRIS Resort Batam Waterfront
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   K.H. Ahmad Dahlan Street | Marina Waterfront City, Riau Islands Province 29422, Indonesia   |
Special Price
Special Offer
Ranked #8 of 71 Hotels in Batam
“Good for a short trip”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

Was there last week .

The resort shuttle van (in bright orange) was already there while we were clearing the immigration. It took about 5min drive to the resort. As it was a weekday, the resort was quiet. Check-in took about 10mins.Was given a ground floor connecting rooms (4adults & 2kids) at Trendy wing. Rooms were big & clean (comfortable King size bed/twin bed with a crouch ) but the shower curtains in the bathroom with bath tub had a moist smell. The other room was with standing-type shower area.

The kiddie pool (just outside our rooms) is clean but the tiles were rough. Both my girls had a few abrasions on their delicate toes. Adults' skin are more 'tough' so no abrasions. Overall, the other pools are considered clean & tiles are not rough.

There are a cafe (local & international )& a korean/japanese in the resort. Food in their cafe is expensive, ie (S$10) for a plate of fried rice. Howver, the thin crust pizza is nice (ie. S$14 pizza (with meat).

Their spa, bowling alley, Kids' club are housed in another building. Our package included a 60min indonesian massage, it was quite relaxing but their massager would hint for tips when the session was almost done.

We went to Ngoya shopping mall with their scheduled shuttle service (30mins a way). Food are relatively cheap.

The day we checked out was a Saturday, quite a no of people came to check-in.

We took the shuttle back to Waterfront City Ferry Terminal. (Our return booking was done by the resort).

• Stayed August 2013
executive5, General Manager at HARRIS Resort Batam Waterfront, responded to this review, August 22, 2013
Dear Harris Fan GiantBaby,

Sunny Greetings from the Resort of Smiles where all is Pleasure and Fun,

Thank you very much for all your nice comments about your stay with us and we will certainly
look into the points mentioned for rectifying our services to our guests.

Our Pizza is our Signature Dish and it is a must when you are in Harris to taste this delicious
item.

On behalf of all the Harris Players we look forward to having you with us again.

HARRIS Resort Waterfront Batam

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (129)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

This hotel is becoming my regular stay for holiday.. this is my third time. Despite my friend's objection that she prefer to try city hotel, yet she has to agree with me. and again we've had a great time.
the check in process was slow but it's okay, it's a holiday... there's queue in singapore ferry terminal, batam ferry terminal, and hotel front desk but it's all expected.
the room is cozy, and we miss the bolsters so much now. if only we could take the bolsters home.
people are everywhere, but we always find our corner at hgrill and watch the sunset, it was beautiful sunset. maybe the time was perfect.
the staff are friendly, some of the new staff might need more training but it's understandable.. we're here for vacation, for fun, and we had it.
it's a beautiful resort, beautiful sunset, beautiful pool.

Room Tip: if u need more privacy, try cabana.
Dear Harris Fan Saralee_cute,

Sunny Greetings from the Resort of Smiles where all is Pleasure and Fun,

Thank you very much for your comments and your so nice description and easy going
approach of holidays and life style.

Thank you once again for all your comments and understanding of the minor delays when is a busy period and do appreciate the fact that you understand the rush hours of our business.

We are glad that overall you had such a great time and you have made Harris your regular getaway home away from home.

On behalf of all the HARRIS players we are looking forward to having you and your friend for another Harris relaxed holidays.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013 via mobile

Arrived at Waterfront Terminal Sunday and was picked up by their mini bus along with other guests. Greeted at hotel lobby with welcome drinks and towel.Thought that was a sign to the start of a good holiday. Check-in was a bit slow and counter staff missed out giving us meal voucher for the next day. Had to ask for it although it was included in package. By the way, standard of food in package is unexpectedly plain. Expected more. Proceeded to room & checked bedsheet below the comforter. It was badly stained with big blotches of disgusting yellow stuff. Pillow cases were yellow & musty. Had to ask housekeeping to change them. Food is expensive and standard of breakfast lost out to hotels we have been in other parts of Batam. We found dinner out of the hotel more worth the money. Don't expect a nice beach with clean sand to stroll on. "Beach" consisted of rocky and swampy areas with no clean sand in sight. There's also no sea sports. Most disappointing was the H-Spa. Lady at counter enticed us with weekday offer of massage plus choice of scrub. Booked appointment with her. Next morning, upon checking in for our spa session, she claimed that we should confine our choice of scrub to the Javanese Lulur. We declined and she finally agreed to allow the choice of strawberry & avocado scrub. The masseuse was in our opinion, not that good, and we found at the end of the session that they had mixed some white stuff into our bottles of scrub. We suspect it's the Javanese Lulur mixed into our strawberry and avocado scrub. There was a good three quarters of the avocado scrub plus white stuff left in the small bottle after the scrub. We took photo as proof. Not possible if they had used the actual avocado scrub alone. The place also looked run down and the tub was filthy. Feedback to lady at spa yielded no results. Don't think we will recommend anyone to this place after this experience.

Dear Harris Fan Packedto4,

Sunny Greetings from the Resort of Smiles where all is pleasure and Fun,

Thank you very much for sharing your personal opinion about your holidays with us.
We are sorry to see some aspects of your stay where not up to your expectations and we
will look into how to improving our services to our guests.

We would like to thank you once again for having chosen our Resort for your holidays and we do hope that you will continue visit other Harris properties through Indonesia.

On Behalf of all HARRIS players,

4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

We travelled in a group of 5 and picked this place because 1 wants massage and the other wants activity. Our package included 2 hr massage spa (1 1/2 hr massage plus 1/2 hr milk bath) and a choice of activity. The massage was decent but the masseur cut short of my hubby and my massage to just over an hr. We were offered a make-up 1/2 hr as our friends did enjoy the full 1 1/2 hr, but my hubby's mood was already dampen. There weren't much activity to choose from as it was raining so no flying fox and the sea activities were already closed some time. There's just shooting target, paint ball and it was agreed that we could bowl but shoe rental not included.

It was great that we were given interconnecting rooms and had a lot of fun. The pool was great with sufficient space. As it was Hari Raya holiday, Most malls and shops were closed except Nagoya shopping mall. so we stayed in the resort. We had foot reflexology which was good. Overall we were happy with the service and the cafe food was good for its Mexican flavored dishes, local dishes and Indian vegetarian dishes. We were rather disappointed with the lack of activities and the need of maintenance especially the activity centre. KTV was also closed. The pizza that we ordered can't meet the standard of the Italian restaurants as the crust was too dry although the toppings were fine.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
executive5, General Manager at HARRIS Resort Batam Waterfront, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
Dear Harris Fan EstelleFoo,

Sunny Greetings from the Resort of Smiles where is all Pleasure and Fun,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your holiday experience with us and many other
members of the travelling society.

We would like to thank you for your so positive feedback and we will look into the comments that need to rectify for our guest comfort and fun stay.
We thank you for your nice comments on our Food and Beverage outlets and the Spa and Reflexology treatments.

Thank you once again for choosing HARRIS Resort Waterfront Batam

HARRIS Resort Waterfront
Singapore, null, Singapore
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

Hello fellow travellers, I have pen down my trip to Harris Resort at the Waterfront over here. Please do kindly visit my blog. http://thesnowflowerrr.blogspot.sg/2013/08/travel-with-me-batam-short-getaway.html

But just a gist of it all, the hotel's hygiene was not up to my standard, and there were a lot of confusion from the staff - whatever package I ordered wasn't given to me, until I revealed the email which I found it was unacceptable. I paid for it, and yet I was demanded to pay extra, until I revealed that I have already paid for the item earlier.

And ants are seen almost everywhere, even on the bed. Sigh, and if you are looking for watersports, go somewhere else, there is no longer those banana boat rides and parasailing available there. Don't waste your trip...

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Harris Fan thesunflower.

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your personal opinion about your holiday
with us.
We will also follow to review all your comments on the advertised blog which I do not know if
is allowed to advertise on the tripadvisor other relevant blog sites.

We are sorry to see some of the aspects of your stay where not up to your expectations and
we will have a meeting with our team to discuss further your feedback.

On behalf of all the HARRIS players

2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013 via mobile

This is my first time staying at any Harris hotel. I did not expect any 5 star frills for this resort as I heard mixed comments on the hotel but the price I paid is too good to resist. Boy was I disappointed.

Room :
We were given 2 separate rooms (we requested for connecting rooms) in 2 different wings so we were not very impressed and requested for rooms at least within the same building and were given 2 connecting rooms immediately. Imagine our shock when someone was already occupying the rooms when we opened the doors!! We went to reception to complaint and they immediately upgraded us to their cabana rooms. Don't be deceived with the word "upgrade". The rooms looked nice but was actually infested with mosquitoes. My daughter was bitten on her face when she woke up in the morning. The water heated was not working fully. We had limited heated water so the last ones got to shower in cold water.

Meals :
I was glad we only have to put up with having breakfast. People were fighting for tables. Queues were everywhere but limited staff on the floor. The scenario at breakfast was, when there were fresh replenish of food, the utensils ran out or vice versa. It was constant waiting for this or that. Food quality was the worse I had ever had. The kitchen could not cope with the load and the taste.

Facilities :
Pool was very rundown. The hotel ground is in serious need of a major demolishing. Broken tiles were everywhere, unsightly exposed water pipes leaking
and the plants did nothing to beautify the place at all. It did not give me a resort feeling at all. The kids club was another disappointment. Old toys, lack of staff and filthy environment.

I am definately not going back till they get a major make over. Even for the low price I pay, I can get something more decent else where.

Dear Harris Fan Amy9610,

Thank you very much for sharing your personal opinion during your stay with us.

We would like to thank you for your comments and feedback and all of the issues mentioned
we will discuss further with our team.
We are sorry to see that some aspects during your stay were not up to your expectations and
we are having always a manager on duty on the site to resolve any issues coming up.

On behalf of all the Harris Players I would like to thank you for having chosen our resort for your
holidays.

Harris Resort Waterfront Batam
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

we stayed there 2D1N 21/07/2013. I went with my parents and I ordered a triple room. I sent about 10 emails before the trip and got only 5 replies or so. so some of my inquiries are left unanswered until I reached the hotel. I was given a double room with an extra bed. but I called once and made two personal trips to the front desk and I waited for more than 1 hour, the extra bed never came. Nor did the slippers, toothbrushes, etc. So I paid extra for another room because I was so tired and sleepy. the rooms are OK (one of the trendy rooms), but not 4 star quality. the free buffet breakfast was OK. there is a small balcony facing the pools, but strangely there is only one chair in each room. we found blood on one bed sheet, and multiple stains on the sheets and towels. we asked the room service/housekeeping/frontdesk several times before someone came to change. but the rooms are still acceptable. I had a good night sleep after turning off the noisy aircon and fridge (which is empty). The food in the cafe is extremely expensive ($45 for buffet lunch for 3 persons, the price was still acceptable but the quality and selection of foods were no match of the price. don't eat there! but there is nothing else to eat around ... the hotel was so far away from other places. we paid 15 singapore dollars to travel 30mins to a shopping center, and we only paid $10 for a wonderful lunch for three persons. the spa was OK, but the spa room needs renovation and the 1 hour spa ended within 50mins. The staff was quite friendly, but they may have communication problems from one department to another. I saw the front desk staff called the housekeeping guys for changing bed sheets, but they never came... I had to call again. so next time I may try another place in Batam.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
executive5, General Manager at HARRIS Resort Batam Waterfront, responded to this review, August 9, 2013
Dear Harris Fan Dakeke,

Sunny Greetings from the Resort of Smiles where all is pleasure and Fun,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your personal opinion about your stay in our property with other members of the travel community.

We are sorry to see that some aspects of your stay did not match to your expectations and we are looking into the matters further to your current feedback.

We would like to thank you once again for choosing our hotel for your holidays

On behalf of all the HARRIS players

Harris Resort Waterfront Batam

Been to HARRIS Resort Batam Waterfront? Share your experiences!