we stayed there 2D1N 21/07/2013. I went with my parents and I ordered a triple room. I sent about 10 emails before the trip and got only 5 replies or so. so some of my inquiries are left unanswered until I reached the hotel. I was given a double room with an extra bed. but I called once and made two personal trips to the front desk and I waited for more than 1 hour, the extra bed never came. Nor did the slippers, toothbrushes, etc. So I paid extra for another room because I was so tired and sleepy. the rooms are OK (one of the trendy rooms), but not 4 star quality. the free buffet breakfast was OK. there is a small balcony facing the pools, but strangely there is only one chair in each room. we found blood on one bed sheet, and multiple stains on the sheets and towels. we asked the room service/housekeeping/frontdesk several times before someone came to change. but the rooms are still acceptable. I had a good night sleep after turning off the noisy aircon and fridge (which is empty). The food in the cafe is extremely expensive ($45 for buffet lunch for 3 persons, the price was still acceptable but the quality and selection of foods were no match of the price. don't eat there! but there is nothing else to eat around ... the hotel was so far away from other places. we paid 15 singapore dollars to travel 30mins to a shopping center, and we only paid $10 for a wonderful lunch for three persons. the spa was OK, but the spa room needs renovation and the 1 hour spa ended within 50mins. The staff was quite friendly, but they may have communication problems from one department to another. I saw the front desk staff called the housekeeping guys for changing bed sheets, but they never came... I had to call again. so next time I may try another place in Batam.
- Also Known As:
- Harris Resort Batam Waterfront Hotel
- Harris Resort Batam Waterfront Hotel Batam
- Batam Harris Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A friendly resort facing the strait of Singapore and the sea view with spacious accommodation and giant free form swimming pool. Strategic destination and a perfect vacation spot for couples, families or business purposes. With 308 rooms and suites including 20 cabanas, this hotel has the largest number of room provided in Funky and Trendy Wing.Harris Funky will cater the needs of your most discerning family member while easily keeping the whole group occupied and satisfied. Harris Trendy has the newest and trendiest all inclusive concepts, reserved exclusively for couples and singles over 18 years old of age. Asia’s one of its kind, an all inclusive concept welcomes couples and singles to experience carefree days and endless irresistible nights in Batam. The over 18, adults-only atmosphere allows event the most conventional of guest to throw caution-to-the-wind and experience life like never before. Located just 40 minutes away from Harbourfront Center Singapore, Harris Resort Batam try to persuade its guests to linger with a plethora of water sports & indoor entertainment in the form of a ten-lane bowling alley, Squash & billiards, Go kart, Flying Fox or sea sport activities. Soothe the muscles with one of our treatments at the spa, foot reflexology facilities or head to the giant free-form pool. The H-Spa an oasis of calm and serenity with breathtaking sea views and sunset in the afternoon, provide Harris Fans with a haven to luxuriate and pamper themselves with a selection of Body and Facial treatments masterfully executed by highly trained therapists. Five outlets to ease hunger pains are available by providing Indonesian, Asian and Western cuisines. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Agoda, Booking.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Expedia, Priceline, HostelWorld, Tingo, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Venere and Otel so you can book your HARRIS Resort Batam Waterfront reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.