“A memorable 8th Wedding Anniversary” 5 of 5 stars
Review of HARRIS Resort Batam Waterfront

Save Saved
You added HARRIS Resort Batam Waterfront to your Saves list
HARRIS Resort Batam Waterfront
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   K.H. Ahmad Dahlan Street | Marina Waterfront City, Riau Islands Province 29422, Indonesia   |
Special Price
Special Offer
Ranked #8 of 71 Hotels in Batam
“A memorable 8th Wedding Anniversary”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013 via mobile

Book the 2D1N deal from Groupon for a short-getaway on our wedding anniversary. It was indeed a great deal that comes with a wonderful and memorable experience. Although checking-in took awhile but it was worth the wait and there were afew others who were on the same ferry checking-in at the same time so we took that time to stroll around the hotel.
When our room was finally ready, I was told that it's Japanese and I didn't quite understood until we got there.
We were given a complimentary upgrade to a Japanese suite and it came with an outdoor Jacuzzi plus petals on the bed, in the bathroom and Jacuzzi. We were very impressed!
The pool was huge and it caters for all ages but they would want to do some repair works on the wooden planks as kids might trip over some of it that came loose. Since we were there not for long we have to plan our day wisely. We went to Nagoya shortly after check-in and had our massage when we came back to the hotel.
That same night we got a knock on our door and we were greeted with an anniversary cake compliments from the Chef.
We were blown away and immediately decided that we will be coming back to celebrate my birthday this June, along with my twin girls who share the same birthdate as me at HARRIS WATERFRONT! I'm sure the girls will love it there.
A BIG ORANGE thank you to all the staffs at Harris for making it an enjoyable experience.

• Stayed April 2013
executive5, General Manager at HARRIS Resort Batam Waterfront, responded to this review, May 12, 2013
Dear Harris Fan SerenoNyx,

Sunny Greetings from the Resort of Smiles where all is Pleasure and Fun,

We would like to thank you for taking the time to write such an extensive report and share your so positive holiday experience in our Resort with other members of the travel society.

We are delighted that this 8th Wedding Anniversary will remain in your memories as the ORANGE one and it was our pleasure to have you celebrating this special occasion with our Harris Players.

Further to your constructive comments please note that we have already started works on replacing our wooden decking around the pool and soon all will be in a brand new state.

Please do let me know when your next planned visit will be so we can make sure that all your family will have a great fun.

As you have put it let me say also a BIG ORANGE THANK YOU for choosing our Resort for having your special occasion and relaxation and on behalf of all the HARRIS players we do look forward to having you again with us.

HARRIS Resort Waterfront Batam

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (129)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

I recently stay in Harris Resort for 3 Days 2 Nights with my friends.(6 May - 8 May). The service provided by the staff was top notch. There were 3 people staying in the room thus we asked for an additional set of towel. The staff promptly send the towel to our room in less then 5 mins.The swimming pool was cleaned daily by the staff which was a good effort.When we requested for a DVD player, they were more then happy to find one for us and send it to our room with no additional charges.The security of the hotel is very good, whenever we took cab back to the hotel security guard would check the cab before allowing it to enter the hotel premises.I would definitely return again to enjoy the hotel facilities! Hope a list of activities with the pricing could be place in the room! =D Thumbs up!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Dear HARRIS Fan WLY13,

Sunny Greetings from the Resort of Smiles where all is Pleasure and Fun,

Thank you very much for sharing your so positive experience of the Simple Unique and Friendly
service of our staff with other members of the travel industry.

We are delighted to receive such an excellent feedback during your stay with us and we will also
work on the constructive feedback and comments that you shared with us to improve our services to our guests.
As you well mentioned security is also one of our priorities and within the hotel premised all is monitored and secured.

We would like to thank you once again for choosing HARRIS Resort Batam for your stay and
on behalf of all the HARRIS players we are looking forward to having you here with us again.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

When I was there, the resort was over crowded with company events. Loud music and noise for the both days I was there. Instead of looking for a quiet escapade, I went into a noisy crowded carnival. Can't really relax and it totally spoilt my holiday. Staff looked new and inexperienced. Towels had stains on them. The management has to look into who they really want to attract.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Harris Fan TerenceT904,

Sunny Greetings from the Resort of Smiles where all is Pleasure and Fun,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your personal experience and comments
while staying in our Resort with other members of the travel industry.

We are sorry to see that your holidays where not up to your expectations and we are sorry for
the inconvenience caused as you mention it.
We do have from time to time some events but there is always plenty of space for relaxation and
good time with us.

Thank you once again for your feedback and on behalf of all HARRIS players.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

We stayed here for two nights as family during Singapore's school holiday in March. We were picked up by the hotel van from the port to their Hotel - very comfortable. Check-in was fast with the eager and energetic young guys at the counter.

I can't say about the standard rooms because we stayed in one of their Japanese rooms, which I find great. Spacious bedroom and another bigger adjacent dinner room with tatami sheets, plus another smaller room to access another toilet. The outdoor bathtub is a very nice touch.

Food. I read from TA that their pizza is great. I think I ended ordering 3 times. Once for our first lunch when we arrive, another as an add-on to our room-serviced order, and finally before we departed. Room service was fast. Breakfast I would say is average, more local choices than western.

Occupancy at the time of our stay (Wed-Fri) was considered low, so we enjoyed the pool and facilities almost exclusively (but they ran out of pool towels on our third day - and it was only late morning!). The view of the pool area is really a pleasure to your eyes when there is great sunlight as it shows the work they have done on their place. At night, it is nice and cozy walk to the bowling alley. Backdoor is not that excellent as parts of the beach area have tars on them. We wanted to go for an SUV ride but, alas, all units were broken down for repairs during our stay.

Being in a "remote" location, the hotel tries its best to make your stay worthwhile. They have bowling alleys (which we used), snooker and pool tables, beauty/nail salons for the ladies, and games for the kids. If that's not enough, the cable ski is just almost next door, and the mall is just a short bus or taxi ride away. The mini-store at level 1 is a great idea as you can buy extra snacks, sunblocks, swimming gears, or cold tablets should you need one.

I tend to stay on what works for me. So it is likely we will stay here again if we can get the same room.

Room Tip: Ask for the Japanese room if you don't mind paying extra.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
executive5, General Manager at HARRIS Resort Batam Waterfront, responded to this review, May 5, 2013
Dear HARRIS Fan Gravitsu,

Sunny Greetings from the Resort of Smiles where al is Pleasure and Fun,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your so positive holiday experience with the other members of the travel community.
We are delighted that you enjoyed our hotel and services and you so well describe all of our facilities and sports activities. We do apologize as some of our activities not operational due to
upgrading and expecting new items but we do expect to have all ready for the use of our guests.

Our Pizzas are the best in Batam and are traditionally made with fresh materials and unique recipes with our special secrets of course I do not blame you that you did order three times during your stay.

We would like to thank you once again for having chosen our HARRIS Resort Waterfront Batam for your holidays and hope to be able to host you in the near future with us.

On Behalf of all the HARRIS Players

Harris Resort Waterfront Batam
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013 via mobile

Bought a groupon for Harris for 2D1N and thought it was a great deal. Included a night's stay, ferry, 60min massage, breakfast, transfer, bowling and shuttle to nearby mall.
Everything went on smooth. However upon entering the room, we were put off by the smell and 'look' of the room. It was old, and looked dirty. There were stains on the bedsheets and blanket. Some of the floor tiles were broken.
I asked to change room. Opt for the new wing instead.
The room at the new room is smaller, with no wardrobe and bath tub. But it looked cleaner and better. At least there was no smell.
I think the hotel really needs upgrading.
Generally, the staff are awesome! They are polite and accomodating. My kids enjoy the pool too.
Oh the massage is not too bad. However, it was in a non air conditioned 'hut' and I was basically perspiring during the massage.
Well, for $69 I shouldn't complain. But then again, the management should really do something about the rooms.

• Stayed May 2013
Dear Harris Fan Lucashley,

Sunny Greetings from the Resort of Smiles where all is Pleasure and Fun,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your personal experience about your stay
with us and all your constructive criticism for our property.

We are sorry that the impression of the room did not match to your liking but after the relocation
of your room to our Trendy Wing you did had a better impression and feeling.

We are glad that the rest of your overall stay was smooth and at least our staff had offered you the alternative to a more relaxing stay.

We do hope to be able to have you with us again and thank you once again for choosing HARRIS Resort Waterfront Batam for your holidays.

On behalf of all the HARRIS players

Harrisly yours,

Kampong Tanah Merah, null, Singapore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

Went to Batam with my brother for a quick escape from Singapore. Before getting there we specified that we wanted 2 single beds in our room, and repeated the same information to the concierge (more than twice) who ensured us that we would get it. Lo and behold, when we got to our room, there was a queen sized bed. I was too tired to complain and my brother just slept in the day bed by the TV.

Another thing I don't understand is that for a hotel that barely had guests, they couldn't allow us to check in earlier and had to wait 2 hours in the restaurant for the room to be ready. The room had a balcony, but no chairs were provided which is quite odd. The dinner buffet had an SG price tag but with little choices.

The only good thing about this resort is that there's wi-fi everywhere which would help a lot since the TV is so small with limited channels to choose from.

Room Tip: get a room in the new wing, it's a bit smaller but at least you get newer beds.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
executive5, General Manager at HARRIS Resort Batam Waterfront, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
Dear Harris Fan EAndyB_0509,

Sunny Greetings from the Resort of Smiles where all is Pleasure and Fun,

Thank you for taking the time to share your personal opinion and comments with all the other
members of the travel community regarding your stay with us.

We are sorry to see that your reservation request was not granted and this is something we will
look into as normally we do grant all requests concerning bedding types to the extend we can.
While on resort it would have been easy to ask for the Manager on Duty to help you for explanations if it was a mistake on our behalf and this can be held as future reference. Please bare in mind that if rooms are clean and ready to be delivered there is no reason to keep you waiting until later on, most probably the rooms had to be cleaned and after allow you to check in.

Thank you very much for your constructive critisism and certainly we will discuss your comments upon our next meeting in order to rectify the services offered to our guests.

Thank you very much for the feedback on our upgraded free internet services we are glad that this area has been covered and is in full operation after guests feedback.

Thank you once again for choosing Harris Resort Waterfront Batam for your Holidays and
on Behalf of all the Harris Players

Harris Resort Waterfront Batam
Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

Had initial plans to book the honeymoon package for 3d2n, but the spa package wasn't suitable for us so I went with the basic room package instead. I emailed them prior to my stay and had very prompt replies. Very flexible in trying to accomodate to customer's request.

Very surprising when they upgraded us to a suite! the kitchen+living/dining area was even bigger than the bedroom! 2nd surpise when a staff appeared at the door with an anniversary cake for us! The cake was nothing fantastic but I truly appreciate the extra effort and thoughts.

Food was pretty good at Harris cafe, reasonable price but definitely nothing near cheap. H Grill's food was great, a little pricy for Batam rate (2 main course, 1 soup, glass of house wine, 1 mocktail added up to 90SGD), but for that price I get good food, service and atmosphere, i'm sold.

Location wise, there's really nothing much around the resort. Though they do provide shuttle services to Nagoya Hill but those ran at fixed timings. We ended up taking a cab which cost us $30SGD to and fro. Everything else in the hotel is based on Singapore dollar, and more worth it to pay in SGD than in Ruppiah.

My entire stay would have been perfect if not for a less-than-friendly counter staff during my checkout process. Kind of impatient when I took more time in verifying my bills. i had all my meals charged to the room but she was expressing frustration when i was checking through all the receipts.

All in all, i still enjoyed my stay and would consider coming back again if i just need a wkend getaway.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
executive5, General Manager at HARRIS Resort Batam Waterfront, responded to this review, April 25, 2013
Dear Harris Fan Lavend3ermist,

Sunny Greetings from the Resort of Smiles where all is Pleasure and Fun,

We would like to thank you very much for taking the time to share all your nice comments and holiday experience with so many other members of the travel community and we are so glad
that your stay with us has been up to your expecations.

I am also very happy to receive your comments about your dinne in our HARRIS Grill as this is one of our new concepts set up and the atmosphere and food make it living up to what we set it up for.
We are sorry that you encountered a bit of a disslike during the end of your stay and this issue will be discussed with the persons in charge in order to rectify so no more problems will arise
from similar issues.

Once again we would like to thank you for having your holidays with us and on behalf of all the HARRIS players we are looking forward to seeing you again.

HARRIS Resort Waterfront Batam

Been to HARRIS Resort Batam Waterfront? Share your experiences!