“Everything average” 3 of 5 stars
Review of HARRIS Resort Batam Waterfront

Save Saved
You added HARRIS Resort Batam Waterfront to your Saves list
HARRIS Resort Batam Waterfront
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   K.H. Ahmad Dahlan Street | Marina Waterfront City, Riau Islands Province 29422, Indonesia   |
Special Price
Special Offer
Ranked #8 of 71 Hotels in Batam
Kampong Tanah Merah, null, Singapore
“Everything average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

Went to Batam with my brother for a quick escape from Singapore. Before getting there we specified that we wanted 2 single beds in our room, and repeated the same information to the concierge (more than twice) who ensured us that we would get it. Lo and behold, when we got to our room, there was a queen sized bed. I was too tired to complain and my brother just slept in the day bed by the TV.

Another thing I don't understand is that for a hotel that barely had guests, they couldn't allow us to check in earlier and had to wait 2 hours in the restaurant for the room to be ready. The room had a balcony, but no chairs were provided which is quite odd. The dinner buffet had an SG price tag but with little choices.

The only good thing about this resort is that there's wi-fi everywhere which would help a lot since the TV is so small with limited channels to choose from.

Room Tip: get a room in the new wing, it's a bit smaller but at least you get newer beds.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
executive5, General Manager at HARRIS Resort Batam Waterfront, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
Dear Harris Fan EAndyB_0509,

Sunny Greetings from the Resort of Smiles where all is Pleasure and Fun,

Thank you for taking the time to share your personal opinion and comments with all the other
members of the travel community regarding your stay with us.

We are sorry to see that your reservation request was not granted and this is something we will
look into as normally we do grant all requests concerning bedding types to the extend we can.
While on resort it would have been easy to ask for the Manager on Duty to help you for explanations if it was a mistake on our behalf and this can be held as future reference. Please bare in mind that if rooms are clean and ready to be delivered there is no reason to keep you waiting until later on, most probably the rooms had to be cleaned and after allow you to check in.

Thank you very much for your constructive critisism and certainly we will discuss your comments upon our next meeting in order to rectify the services offered to our guests.

Thank you very much for the feedback on our upgraded free internet services we are glad that this area has been covered and is in full operation after guests feedback.

Thank you once again for choosing Harris Resort Waterfront Batam for your Holidays and
on Behalf of all the Harris Players

Harris Resort Waterfront Batam

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (129)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

Had initial plans to book the honeymoon package for 3d2n, but the spa package wasn't suitable for us so I went with the basic room package instead. I emailed them prior to my stay and had very prompt replies. Very flexible in trying to accomodate to customer's request.

Very surprising when they upgraded us to a suite! the kitchen+living/dining area was even bigger than the bedroom! 2nd surpise when a staff appeared at the door with an anniversary cake for us! The cake was nothing fantastic but I truly appreciate the extra effort and thoughts.

Food was pretty good at Harris cafe, reasonable price but definitely nothing near cheap. H Grill's food was great, a little pricy for Batam rate (2 main course, 1 soup, glass of house wine, 1 mocktail added up to 90SGD), but for that price I get good food, service and atmosphere, i'm sold.

Location wise, there's really nothing much around the resort. Though they do provide shuttle services to Nagoya Hill but those ran at fixed timings. We ended up taking a cab which cost us $30SGD to and fro. Everything else in the hotel is based on Singapore dollar, and more worth it to pay in SGD than in Ruppiah.

My entire stay would have been perfect if not for a less-than-friendly counter staff during my checkout process. Kind of impatient when I took more time in verifying my bills. i had all my meals charged to the room but she was expressing frustration when i was checking through all the receipts.

All in all, i still enjoyed my stay and would consider coming back again if i just need a wkend getaway.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
executive5, General Manager at HARRIS Resort Batam Waterfront, responded to this review, April 25, 2013
Dear Harris Fan Lavend3ermist,

Sunny Greetings from the Resort of Smiles where all is Pleasure and Fun,

We would like to thank you very much for taking the time to share all your nice comments and holiday experience with so many other members of the travel community and we are so glad
that your stay with us has been up to your expecations.

I am also very happy to receive your comments about your dinne in our HARRIS Grill as this is one of our new concepts set up and the atmosphere and food make it living up to what we set it up for.
We are sorry that you encountered a bit of a disslike during the end of your stay and this issue will be discussed with the persons in charge in order to rectify so no more problems will arise
from similar issues.

Once again we would like to thank you for having your holidays with us and on behalf of all the HARRIS players we are looking forward to seeing you again.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

The new wing of the hotel has better rooms but even so, the quilt cover on 1 bed and 1 of the bath towel has stain too. Overall the room is spacious and clean with a couch which allow 1 to sleep too, so it is very spacious even for 3 adults in a room. Hotel sound proof is very bad where we can hear all the noise along the corridor too. Hotel cafe spread is average and airconditioning is quite poor too. Hotel service overall good and staff are very helpful. I think I prefer other hotels along the waterfront but this was a company event so it was paid for. However, if you have a tight budget, this hotel is consider worth for stay.

Room Tip: Pls go for the NEW WING rooms. It is a white colorful building.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear Harris Fan Dordon-Sin,

Sunny Greetings from the Resort of Smiles where all is Pleasure and Fun,

Thank you very much for sharing your personal opinion about your stay with us with so many other members of the travel industry.

We are somehow sorry to see some negative comments during your stay with us but nevertheless your mention about our staff and quality of service compensates a lot on the minor
defects you mention that we will discuss upon with all our team in order to find solutions to improve our services.

On Behalf of all the HARRIS players i would like to thank you once again for staying with us.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

Stayed 3 times here and I have enjoyed myself every trip!

Stayed at the Harris room all 3 times! Wasn't offer an upgrade thou but It's okay. I have always wanted to try the Cabana but Harris Rooms at the Trendy Wing overlooking the pool is quite awesome already! I could just sit at the balcony and stare at the view!

Rooms were nice and it smelled nice. Whenever I smelled something similar to it here, I would call it the "Harris Smell"!
Rooms are very clean, toilet was very clean too! What I like most about the toilet is the Rain Shower! Felt so fresh!

I always come back here to relax as it has a very laid back style concept. The swimming pool is awesome! It huge and you can just relax by the pool. They have mini cabanas and it's very relaxing.

Food is nice but a little overpriced to me. Breakfast was awesome! It was fit for the KING! A lot of variety! From fresh made omelettes to cornflakes to bread! Very contented.

Harris offer shuttle services to one of the Malls. Couldn't really remember it. But they charge it for SG$5 i guess. Convenient too.

The good part is there is a small place up front.Out of Harris resort. Walking distance to the place for water activities! I tried para-sailing and got a good offer with free canoe for 1 hour. They have jet ski but it looks quite old.

But fret not! Harris offers a wide range of activities for you to do! They have bowling, which i played, shooting range with big rifle! Which I have never held before. Foot reflexology is available. Basically, you won't get bored at Harris!

Staff are friendly, always greeting you and always smiling. Even when they are cleaning the area, they do not show the unpleasant face.

I went for an hour massage and for that one hour, the masseur kept talking about how low her pay is and stuffs.. My friend and I didn't really enjoy the massage thou. That's one of the bummer there.

But overall, this is the place to relax!

Good Job to the TEAM!

Room Tip: Choose higher floor and facing the pool!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Harris Fan Fa5zt,

Sunny Greetings from the Resort of Smiles where all is Pleasure and Fun.

We would like to thank you very much for taking the time to share such a descriptive and positive report of our property with other travellers and we are so glad that you describe our Resort in such a detail that we cannot put any additional description.

Thank you for all the nice comments concernig our Staff our Facilities and our Food all is going to be passed on to our Players and the minor negatives will be discussed in order to improve our services to the guests.

The comments coming from you having stayed with us three times counts a lot as you already know our HARRIS Simple Unique and Friendly hospitality and you are experiencing a consistency of services offered without beeing bored with all the activities around and in the hotel as well.

On Behalf of all the HARRIS players i would like to thank you for choosing our Resort for your relaxing time and hope to see you staying with us many more times to come,

Harrisly yours,

2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

We were a group of 2 families who had stayed at Harris Batam Resort over the Chinese New Year period. We booked 2 normal standard rooms which was quite pricey as they had included CNY dinner in our package. Upon arrival, we were offered the Japanese suite instead. Thinking the suite might be bigger and better suited for our large group, we took the offer

Unfortunately, the suite was disappointing. It's basically 1 room with double bed that comes with another attached room with 2 single beds. The bathroom is in the main room whereas the other room is just given a small toilet. It's a suite with 2 tvs but we were only allowed 1 remote control. There's no dressing table in the rooms except in the bathroom.

Basically the family in the attached bedroom had to walk into the main bedroom (and disturb those sleeping) to use the bathroom etc. How is this practical? The only interesting thing about the Japanese suite is that it has a balcony with an outdoor Japanese bathtub. You can bathe outdoors but be mindful the balcony is only covered by bamboo shoots.

Despite all these impracticalities, we would like to applaud the staff for being accommodating and patient. They immediately got us into standard rooms the very next morning.

The CNY dinner, food was so-so but we could see the staff were enthusiastic enough about putting up a good show. Breakfast was disappointing. The facilities around the resort were good.. huge swimming pools, bowling alley, kids room, spa etc but everything's priced in SGD. Spa massage was good but locker rooms needed some maintenance works. It was raining the day we went to spa and the locker rooms were leaking all over.

Not sure if we'll come back here again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
executive5, General Manager at HARRIS Resort Batam Waterfront, responded to this review, April 19, 2013
Dear HARRIS Fan Marrisa83,

Sunny Greetings from the Resort of Smiles where all is Pleasure and Fun,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your personal opinion about your stay in our Resort and giving all your constructive comments to us.

I would like to thank you for the special praise to our staff and rest assured that your comments
will be read in our meeting to rectify our services and facilities.

On behalf of all the HARRIS Players we hope to have you in another HARRIS property in the future,

4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

Was there on the Easter weekend (30th-31st March 2013) and I'd have to say -- it is a good place to kick back and relax. The location is about 30 minutes away from Batam Centre so 'hustle and bustle' will not apply here.

Moving on, the amenities are not too shabby. My only gripe (personal one, I must say upfront) was that the flooring in the room was not carpeted. Instead, the room my girlfriend and I got was one with tiled flooring. Other than that, I can't complain much. Nothing to shout about, but it was good/comfortable enough for relaxaing/sleeping.

Oh, wait, maybe one other gripe -- we managed to borrow a DVD player to watch movies in the room but as the TVs are all wall-mounted LCD panels, it was REALLY HARD to fix the RCA (red/yellow/white for audio/visual) cables into the TV. Hopefully, the management can consider making DVD player a part of the furniture in all rooms, rather than being an item that's available-upon-request.

With that aside, our trip was looking to be a normal getaway that threatened to turn awry if not for the fantastic hospitality extended to us by Ramli, the Rooms Division Manager.

My girlfriend and I had booked a transport into Batam Centre for a massage but there was a mix-up and we ended up waiting an hour and a half for the driver to arrive. Throughout our wait, Ramli -- who was stationed in the lobby -- noticed we were sitting there (aimlessly) and came up to check on us not once, but several times.

He asked us if we were ok, and if we needed help to get hold of the massage parlour to clarify matters. He even insisted on shifting us into the air-conditioned cafe so that we could be as comfortable as possible, and gave us two glasses of orange juice to help put right a mistake that wasn't even theirs to begin with.

When I spoke to him in the cafe, he told me this: "Over here, I like to treat my guests as family and when a family member runs into trouble, you will help them to the best of your abilities."

I was really moved by his gesture and his words -- his extension of help truly made an impact on my stay there.

I'd have to admit: Harris Waterfront Batam was not my first choice of accomodation initially but after staying there over that weekend, and getting to bask in the warmness of the staff there, especially that of Ramli, the resort has jumped up my personal rankings and I'll love to go back there the next time I'm looking for a short getaway from the rigours of living in an urban jungle.

Ramli, thank you so much once again for making me and my girlfriend's stay at Harris Waterfront a truly amazing one.

Room Tip: It's my first time here and I got a room in the new wing so try getting a room there if you can.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
executive5, General Manager at HARRIS Resort Batam Waterfront, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
Dear Harris Fan Sphererer,

Sunny Greetings from the Resort of Smiles where all is Pleasure and Fun,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your holiday experience with other members of the travel industry here and we are so delighted to see that your stay with us has been both
relaxing and overwhelming by the friendliness and hospitality of our staff.

We would like to thank you also for your constructive feedback concerning our facilities and rest assured your comments will be read upon our next meeting in order to praise and also improve
our services offered to our guests.

We are glad that you had experienced the HARRIS Hospitality from the heart and this is our moto to offer Simple Unique and Friendly Service to our customers further more i would like to thank you for mentioning by name the Player that had assist you and sharing your experience.

We are looking forward to having you with us in the near future for an equally relaxing and family stay with us like many of our customers do tend to return back.
Until then and on behalf of all the HARRIS Players,

4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013 via mobile

Was there for my surprise birthday retreat with family...wonderful ambience, secluded from the hustle & bustle of its town (but there's shuttle service to Nagoya Shopping Mall) I truly felt welcomed & enjoyed the staff hospitality. Water sports, bowling, SPA, pubs etc what else can you ask more!

• Stayed May 2012
executive5, General Manager at HARRIS Resort Batam Waterfront, responded to this review, April 13, 2013
Dear Harris Fan LuthTitaniumKiFly,

Sunny Greetings from the Resort of Smiles where all is Pleasure and Fun,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your holiday experience in our resort with so many other travellers.

We are so delighted to see that your stay with us has been really relaxing and you had enjoyed
your surprise Birthday celebration with your family.
Thank you for mentioning the friendliness of our staff and we are glad that you also enjoyed all the facilities and activities that the resort has to offer.

We are looking forward to having you here with us once again and on behalf of all the Harris Players,

Harris Resort Waterfront Batam

Been to HARRIS Resort Batam Waterfront? Share your experiences!