“Awesome Resort!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of HARRIS Resort Batam Waterfront

Save Saved
You added HARRIS Resort Batam Waterfront to your Saves list
HARRIS Resort Batam Waterfront
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   K.H. Ahmad Dahlan Street | Marina Waterfront City, Riau Islands Province 29422, Indonesia   |
Special Price
Special Offer
Ranked #7 of 67 hotels in Batam
“Awesome Resort!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

Stayed 3 times here and I have enjoyed myself every trip!

Stayed at the Harris room all 3 times! Wasn't offer an upgrade thou but It's okay. I have always wanted to try the Cabana but Harris Rooms at the Trendy Wing overlooking the pool is quite awesome already! I could just sit at the balcony and stare at the view!

Rooms were nice and it smelled nice. Whenever I smelled something similar to it here, I would call it the "Harris Smell"!
Rooms are very clean, toilet was very clean too! What I like most about the toilet is the Rain Shower! Felt so fresh!

I always come back here to relax as it has a very laid back style concept. The swimming pool is awesome! It huge and you can just relax by the pool. They have mini cabanas and it's very relaxing.

Food is nice but a little overpriced to me. Breakfast was awesome! It was fit for the KING! A lot of variety! From fresh made omelettes to cornflakes to bread! Very contented.

Harris offer shuttle services to one of the Malls. Couldn't really remember it. But they charge it for SG$5 i guess. Convenient too.

The good part is there is a small place up front.Out of Harris resort. Walking distance to the place for water activities! I tried para-sailing and got a good offer with free canoe for 1 hour. They have jet ski but it looks quite old.

But fret not! Harris offers a wide range of activities for you to do! They have bowling, which i played, shooting range with big rifle! Which I have never held before. Foot reflexology is available. Basically, you won't get bored at Harris!

Staff are friendly, always greeting you and always smiling. Even when they are cleaning the area, they do not show the unpleasant face.

I went for an hour massage and for that one hour, the masseur kept talking about how low her pay is and stuffs.. My friend and I didn't really enjoy the massage thou. That's one of the bummer there.

But overall, this is the place to relax!

Good Job to the TEAM!

Room Tip: Choose higher floor and facing the pool!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
executive5, General Manager at HARRIS Resort Batam Waterfront, responded to this review, April 25, 2013
Dear Harris Fan Fa5zt,

Sunny Greetings from the Resort of Smiles where all is Pleasure and Fun.

We would like to thank you very much for taking the time to share such a descriptive and positive report of our property with other travellers and we are so glad that you describe our Resort in such a detail that we cannot put any additional description.

Thank you for all the nice comments concernig our Staff our Facilities and our Food all is going to be passed on to our Players and the minor negatives will be discussed in order to improve our services to the guests.

The comments coming from you having stayed with us three times counts a lot as you already know our HARRIS Simple Unique and Friendly hospitality and you are experiencing a consistency of services offered without beeing bored with all the activities around and in the hotel as well.

On Behalf of all the HARRIS players i would like to thank you for choosing our Resort for your relaxing time and hope to see you staying with us many more times to come,

Harrisly yours,

741 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (121)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

We were a group of 2 families who had stayed at Harris Batam Resort over the Chinese New Year period. We booked 2 normal standard rooms which was quite pricey as they had included CNY dinner in our package. Upon arrival, we were offered the Japanese suite instead. Thinking the suite might be bigger and better suited for our large group, we took the offer

Unfortunately, the suite was disappointing. It's basically 1 room with double bed that comes with another attached room with 2 single beds. The bathroom is in the main room whereas the other room is just given a small toilet. It's a suite with 2 tvs but we were only allowed 1 remote control. There's no dressing table in the rooms except in the bathroom.

Basically the family in the attached bedroom had to walk into the main bedroom (and disturb those sleeping) to use the bathroom etc. How is this practical? The only interesting thing about the Japanese suite is that it has a balcony with an outdoor Japanese bathtub. You can bathe outdoors but be mindful the balcony is only covered by bamboo shoots.

Despite all these impracticalities, we would like to applaud the staff for being accommodating and patient. They immediately got us into standard rooms the very next morning.

The CNY dinner, food was so-so but we could see the staff were enthusiastic enough about putting up a good show. Breakfast was disappointing. The facilities around the resort were good.. huge swimming pools, bowling alley, kids room, spa etc but everything's priced in SGD. Spa massage was good but locker rooms needed some maintenance works. It was raining the day we went to spa and the locker rooms were leaking all over.

Not sure if we'll come back here again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
executive5, General Manager at HARRIS Resort Batam Waterfront, responded to this review, April 19, 2013
Dear HARRIS Fan Marrisa83,

Sunny Greetings from the Resort of Smiles where all is Pleasure and Fun,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your personal opinion about your stay in our Resort and giving all your constructive comments to us.

I would like to thank you for the special praise to our staff and rest assured that your comments
will be read in our meeting to rectify our services and facilities.

On behalf of all the HARRIS Players we hope to have you in another HARRIS property in the future,

4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

Was there on the Easter weekend (30th-31st March 2013) and I'd have to say -- it is a good place to kick back and relax. The location is about 30 minutes away from Batam Centre so 'hustle and bustle' will not apply here.

Moving on, the amenities are not too shabby. My only gripe (personal one, I must say upfront) was that the flooring in the room was not carpeted. Instead, the room my girlfriend and I got was one with tiled flooring. Other than that, I can't complain much. Nothing to shout about, but it was good/comfortable enough for relaxaing/sleeping.

Oh, wait, maybe one other gripe -- we managed to borrow a DVD player to watch movies in the room but as the TVs are all wall-mounted LCD panels, it was REALLY HARD to fix the RCA (red/yellow/white for audio/visual) cables into the TV. Hopefully, the management can consider making DVD player a part of the furniture in all rooms, rather than being an item that's available-upon-request.

With that aside, our trip was looking to be a normal getaway that threatened to turn awry if not for the fantastic hospitality extended to us by Ramli, the Rooms Division Manager.

My girlfriend and I had booked a transport into Batam Centre for a massage but there was a mix-up and we ended up waiting an hour and a half for the driver to arrive. Throughout our wait, Ramli -- who was stationed in the lobby -- noticed we were sitting there (aimlessly) and came up to check on us not once, but several times.

He asked us if we were ok, and if we needed help to get hold of the massage parlour to clarify matters. He even insisted on shifting us into the air-conditioned cafe so that we could be as comfortable as possible, and gave us two glasses of orange juice to help put right a mistake that wasn't even theirs to begin with.

When I spoke to him in the cafe, he told me this: "Over here, I like to treat my guests as family and when a family member runs into trouble, you will help them to the best of your abilities."

I was really moved by his gesture and his words -- his extension of help truly made an impact on my stay there.

I'd have to admit: Harris Waterfront Batam was not my first choice of accomodation initially but after staying there over that weekend, and getting to bask in the warmness of the staff there, especially that of Ramli, the resort has jumped up my personal rankings and I'll love to go back there the next time I'm looking for a short getaway from the rigours of living in an urban jungle.

Ramli, thank you so much once again for making me and my girlfriend's stay at Harris Waterfront a truly amazing one.

Room Tip: It's my first time here and I got a room in the new wing so try getting a room there if you can.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
executive5, General Manager at HARRIS Resort Batam Waterfront, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
Dear Harris Fan Sphererer,

Sunny Greetings from the Resort of Smiles where all is Pleasure and Fun,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your holiday experience with other members of the travel industry here and we are so delighted to see that your stay with us has been both
relaxing and overwhelming by the friendliness and hospitality of our staff.

We would like to thank you also for your constructive feedback concerning our facilities and rest assured your comments will be read upon our next meeting in order to praise and also improve
our services offered to our guests.

We are glad that you had experienced the HARRIS Hospitality from the heart and this is our moto to offer Simple Unique and Friendly Service to our customers further more i would like to thank you for mentioning by name the Player that had assist you and sharing your experience.

We are looking forward to having you with us in the near future for an equally relaxing and family stay with us like many of our customers do tend to return back.
Until then and on behalf of all the HARRIS Players,

4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013 via mobile

Was there for my surprise birthday retreat with family...wonderful ambience, secluded from the hustle & bustle of its town (but there's shuttle service to Nagoya Shopping Mall) I truly felt welcomed & enjoyed the staff hospitality. Water sports, bowling, SPA, pubs etc what else can you ask more!

• Stayed May 2012
executive5, General Manager at HARRIS Resort Batam Waterfront, responded to this review, April 13, 2013
Dear Harris Fan LuthTitaniumKiFly,

Sunny Greetings from the Resort of Smiles where all is Pleasure and Fun,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your holiday experience in our resort with so many other travellers.

We are so delighted to see that your stay with us has been really relaxing and you had enjoyed
your surprise Birthday celebration with your family.
Thank you for mentioning the friendliness of our staff and we are glad that you also enjoyed all the facilities and activities that the resort has to offer.

We are looking forward to having you here with us once again and on behalf of all the Harris Players,

KL
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

We landed at Batam Center and walked to Batam Hotel and asked for a lift to Batam Waterfront Resort. No such facility. Had to pay for taxi to and fro.
Batam Waterfront Resort looked old and badly maintained. The Batam Hotel in Batam Centre looked better. Our bedroom floor had cracked tiles.
The tiny strip of a beach faced factories so water was polluted. We daren't try water sports.
We had taken a package however the ATV & flying fox were under maintenance and no substitute was given.
Food very average and only western. Pastries and cakes dry. No local food at all.
Staff were friendly.
However, we would definitely not go back as felt didnt get value for money.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear Harris Fan ShakL,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your personal opinion about your stay with us
and we are sorry to see that some aspects of your stay were not up to your expectations.

We would like to thank you for sharing with us your constructive feedback to be able to rectify our
services according to all guest expectations.
Thank you very much for the special mention of all our Friendly staff encountered and we do hope that even your visit with us was not up to your expectation you will continue visit our HARRIS properties across Indonesia.

Thank you once again for choosing our hotel for your stay and on behalf of all Harris Players,

Navi Mumbai, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

i loved this place as everyone else who might have visited this place,i was at harris for a whole month through office,what i loved the most was the staff,they were really very helpful,also the resort is amazing,its got that nice PEACE feeling to it.unfortunately i dont have any pics to post.
also there are alot of stuff for kids,so i guess its a complete resort for the whole family as well as for an individual.will definitely love to go there again if i ever get a chance.

Room Tip: the view all around is good.mine was a road facing.i guess pool side would have been nice
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear Harris Fan Nikhil 131,

Sunny Greetings From the Resort of Smiles where all is Pleasure and Fun,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your holiday experience with many other travelers and we are delighted to see that you had thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us.

Beeing with us for a whole month i guess you are the best witness of our services and yes as you have very well mentioned we do cater for families and all types of travellers including of meetings and conference as well. Our range of facilities varies so we are able to please all tastes.

Thank you once again for the special mention of all the Friendly Staff and the service from the heart offered to you.

We do hope that we will be able to have you with us once again for another lovely and relaxing stay but until then on behalf of all the HARRIS Players,

Luzon, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

I loved this place all staff are very hospitable, the place & room so nice and comfy.For 3D/2N we feel recharged and deep inside we feel PEACE. Thanks for Mr.Harlim-hotel manager for making us feel AT HOME,thanks for the nice chat.I highly recommended this place for couple or family, this a place where you can find PEACE and HAPPINESS!THANKS HARRISHOTEL WATERFRONTCITY for a wonderful vacation!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear HARRIS Fan Aldwinautoair,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your holiday experience with so many other travellers.
We are delighted to see that you had enjoyed so much your stay with us and your holiday has
been relaxing and you managed to get your batteries recharged.
Thank you very much for the special mention of our staff that offerred the Simple Unique and Friendly service from the heart to you and had made such a good impression upon your holidays.

We look forward to welcoming you and your familiy with us again in the near future, untill then
on behalf of all the Harris Players,

Harris Resort Waterfront Batam

Been to HARRIS Resort Batam Waterfront? Share your experiences!