We were a group of 2 families who had stayed at Harris Batam Resort over the Chinese New Year period. We booked 2 normal standard rooms which was quite pricey as they had included CNY dinner in our package. Upon arrival, we were offered the Japanese suite instead. Thinking the suite might be bigger and better suited for our large group, we took the offer
Unfortunately, the suite was disappointing. It's basically 1 room with double bed that comes with another attached room with 2 single beds. The bathroom is in the main room whereas the other room is just given a small toilet. It's a suite with 2 tvs but we were only allowed 1 remote control. There's no dressing table in the rooms except in the bathroom.
Basically the family in the attached bedroom had to walk into the main bedroom (and disturb those sleeping) to use the bathroom etc. How is this practical? The only interesting thing about the Japanese suite is that it has a balcony with an outdoor Japanese bathtub. You can bathe outdoors but be mindful the balcony is only covered by bamboo shoots.
Despite all these impracticalities, we would like to applaud the staff for being accommodating and patient. They immediately got us into standard rooms the very next morning.
The CNY dinner, food was so-so but we could see the staff were enthusiastic enough about putting up a good show. Breakfast was disappointing. The facilities around the resort were good.. huge swimming pools, bowling alley, kids room, spa etc but everything's priced in SGD. Spa massage was good but locker rooms needed some maintenance works. It was raining the day we went to spa and the locker rooms were leaking all over.
Not sure if we'll come back here again.
- Also Known As:
- Harris Resort Batam Waterfront Hotel
- Harris Resort Batam Waterfront Hotel Batam
- Batam Harris Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A friendly resort facing the strait of Singapore and the sea view with spacious accommodation and giant free form swimming pool. Strategic destination and a perfect vacation spot for couples, families or business purposes. With 308 rooms and suites including 20 cabanas, this hotel has the largest number of room provided in Funky and Trendy Wing.Harris Funky will cater the needs of your most discerning family member while easily keeping the whole group occupied and satisfied. Harris Trendy has the newest and trendiest all inclusive concepts, reserved exclusively for couples and singles over 18 years old of age. Asia’s one of its kind, an all inclusive concept welcomes couples and singles to experience carefree days and endless irresistible nights in Batam. The over 18, adults-only atmosphere allows event the most conventional of guest to throw caution-to-the-wind and experience life like never before. Located just 40 minutes away from Harbourfront Center Singapore, Harris Resort Batam try to persuade its guests to linger with a plethora of water sports & indoor entertainment in the form of a ten-lane bowling alley, Squash & billiards, Go kart, Flying Fox or sea sport activities. Soothe the muscles with one of our treatments at the spa, foot reflexology facilities or head to the giant free-form pool. The H-Spa an oasis of calm and serenity with breathtaking sea views and sunset in the afternoon, provide Harris Fans with a haven to luxuriate and pamper themselves with a selection of Body and Facial treatments masterfully executed by highly trained therapists. Five outlets to ease hunger pains are available by providing Indonesian, Asian and Western cuisines. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Asiatravel.com Holdings, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Booking.com, Priceline, Tingo and Otel so you can book your HARRIS Resort Batam Waterfront reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.