“Excellent hospitality service makes this place a must-try” 4 of 5 stars
Review of HARRIS Resort Batam Waterfront

You added HARRIS Resort Batam Waterfront to your Saves list
HARRIS Resort Batam Waterfront
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   K.H. Ahmad Dahlan Street | Marina Waterfront City, Riau Islands Province 29422, Indonesia   |
Ranked #8 of 75 Hotels in Batam
Singapore, Singapore
“Excellent hospitality service makes this place a must-try”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

Was there on the Easter weekend (30th-31st March 2013) and I'd have to say -- it is a good place to kick back and relax. The location is about 30 minutes away from Batam Centre so 'hustle and bustle' will not apply here.

Moving on, the amenities are not too shabby. My only gripe (personal one, I must say upfront) was that the flooring in the room was not carpeted. Instead, the room my girlfriend and I got was one with tiled flooring. Other than that, I can't complain much. Nothing to shout about, but it was good/comfortable enough for relaxaing/sleeping.

Oh, wait, maybe one other gripe -- we managed to borrow a DVD player to watch movies in the room but as the TVs are all wall-mounted LCD panels, it was REALLY HARD to fix the RCA (red/yellow/white for audio/visual) cables into the TV. Hopefully, the management can consider making DVD player a part of the furniture in all rooms, rather than being an item that's available-upon-request.

With that aside, our trip was looking to be a normal getaway that threatened to turn awry if not for the fantastic hospitality extended to us by Ramli, the Rooms Division Manager.

My girlfriend and I had booked a transport into Batam Centre for a massage but there was a mix-up and we ended up waiting an hour and a half for the driver to arrive. Throughout our wait, Ramli -- who was stationed in the lobby -- noticed we were sitting there (aimlessly) and came up to check on us not once, but several times.

He asked us if we were ok, and if we needed help to get hold of the massage parlour to clarify matters. He even insisted on shifting us into the air-conditioned cafe so that we could be as comfortable as possible, and gave us two glasses of orange juice to help put right a mistake that wasn't even theirs to begin with.

When I spoke to him in the cafe, he told me this: "Over here, I like to treat my guests as family and when a family member runs into trouble, you will help them to the best of your abilities."

I was really moved by his gesture and his words -- his extension of help truly made an impact on my stay there.

I'd have to admit: Harris Waterfront Batam was not my first choice of accomodation initially but after staying there over that weekend, and getting to bask in the warmness of the staff there, especially that of Ramli, the resort has jumped up my personal rankings and I'll love to go back there the next time I'm looking for a short getaway from the rigours of living in an urban jungle.

Ramli, thank you so much once again for making me and my girlfriend's stay at Harris Waterfront a truly amazing one.

Room Tip: It's my first time here and I got a room in the new wing so try getting a room there if you can.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
executive5, General Manager at HARRIS Resort Batam Waterfront, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
Dear Harris Fan Sphererer,

Sunny Greetings from the Resort of Smiles where all is Pleasure and Fun,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your holiday experience with other members of the travel industry here and we are so delighted to see that your stay with us has been both
relaxing and overwhelming by the friendliness and hospitality of our staff.

We would like to thank you also for your constructive feedback concerning our facilities and rest assured your comments will be read upon our next meeting in order to praise and also improve
our services offered to our guests.

We are glad that you had experienced the HARRIS Hospitality from the heart and this is our moto to offer Simple Unique and Friendly Service to our customers further more i would like to thank you for mentioning by name the Player that had assist you and sharing your experience.

We are looking forward to having you with us in the near future for an equally relaxing and family stay with us like many of our customers do tend to return back.
Until then and on behalf of all the HARRIS Players,

Harris Resort Waterfront Batam

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (143)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013 via mobile

Was there for my surprise birthday retreat with family...wonderful ambience, secluded from the hustle & bustle of its town (but there's shuttle service to Nagoya Shopping Mall) I truly felt welcomed & enjoyed the staff hospitality. Water sports, bowling, SPA, pubs etc what else can you ask more!

• Stayed May 2012
executive5, General Manager at HARRIS Resort Batam Waterfront, responded to this review, April 13, 2013
Dear Harris Fan LuthTitaniumKiFly,

Sunny Greetings from the Resort of Smiles where all is Pleasure and Fun,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your holiday experience in our resort with so many other travellers.

We are so delighted to see that your stay with us has been really relaxing and you had enjoyed
your surprise Birthday celebration with your family.
Thank you for mentioning the friendliness of our staff and we are glad that you also enjoyed all the facilities and activities that the resort has to offer.

We are looking forward to having you here with us once again and on behalf of all the Harris Players,

KL
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

We landed at Batam Center and walked to Batam Hotel and asked for a lift to Batam Waterfront Resort. No such facility. Had to pay for taxi to and fro.
Batam Waterfront Resort looked old and badly maintained. The Batam Hotel in Batam Centre looked better. Our bedroom floor had cracked tiles.
The tiny strip of a beach faced factories so water was polluted. We daren't try water sports.
We had taken a package however the ATV & flying fox were under maintenance and no substitute was given.
Food very average and only western. Pastries and cakes dry. No local food at all.
Staff were friendly.
However, we would definitely not go back as felt didnt get value for money.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear Harris Fan ShakL,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your personal opinion about your stay with us
and we are sorry to see that some aspects of your stay were not up to your expectations.

We would like to thank you for sharing with us your constructive feedback to be able to rectify our
services according to all guest expectations.
Thank you very much for the special mention of all our Friendly staff encountered and we do hope that even your visit with us was not up to your expectation you will continue visit our HARRIS properties across Indonesia.

Thank you once again for choosing our hotel for your stay and on behalf of all Harris Players,

Navi Mumbai, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

i loved this place as everyone else who might have visited this place,i was at harris for a whole month through office,what i loved the most was the staff,they were really very helpful,also the resort is amazing,its got that nice PEACE feeling to it.unfortunately i dont have any pics to post.
also there are alot of stuff for kids,so i guess its a complete resort for the whole family as well as for an individual.will definitely love to go there again if i ever get a chance.

Room Tip: the view all around is good.mine was a road facing.i guess pool side would have been nice
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear Harris Fan Nikhil 131,

Sunny Greetings From the Resort of Smiles where all is Pleasure and Fun,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your holiday experience with many other travelers and we are delighted to see that you had thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us.

Beeing with us for a whole month i guess you are the best witness of our services and yes as you have very well mentioned we do cater for families and all types of travellers including of meetings and conference as well. Our range of facilities varies so we are able to please all tastes.

Thank you once again for the special mention of all the Friendly Staff and the service from the heart offered to you.

We do hope that we will be able to have you with us once again for another lovely and relaxing stay but until then on behalf of all the HARRIS Players,

HARRIS Resort Waterfront Batam
Luzon, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

I loved this place all staff are very hospitable, the place & room so nice and comfy.For 3D/2N we feel recharged and deep inside we feel PEACE. Thanks for Mr.Harlim-hotel manager for making us feel AT HOME,thanks for the nice chat.I highly recommended this place for couple or family, this a place where you can find PEACE and HAPPINESS!THANKS HARRISHOTEL WATERFRONTCITY for a wonderful vacation!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear HARRIS Fan Aldwinautoair,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your holiday experience with so many other travellers.
We are delighted to see that you had enjoyed so much your stay with us and your holiday has
been relaxing and you managed to get your batteries recharged.
Thank you very much for the special mention of our staff that offerred the Simple Unique and Friendly service from the heart to you and had made such a good impression upon your holidays.

We look forward to welcoming you and your familiy with us again in the near future, untill then
on behalf of all the Harris Players,

5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

This is a real paradise only 1 hour away from my hometown. I've spent my holiday here last week during the Easter and what I've got is way more that what I expect. This resort is really built by the sea, not just a sort of '10 minutes walking to the beach', this hotel have its own private beach.

The staff are friendly, they greet us all the time with sincere expression, and they welcome us with dance and cookies and fresh towel.

I tried the spa and you'll be surprised to find the quality similar with spa in Bali.

And to my surprise, they have a shapeless beautiful swimming pool, while somebody swinging around with flying fox above the pool. The pool is warm and well maintained.

The room is old but still well maintained. The AC works good. The breakfast is as you expected.

I will come back for more this very year, with more friends of course.

Room Tip: Ask for sea view.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
executive5, General Manager at HARRIS Resort Batam Waterfront, responded to this review, April 5, 2013
Dear Harris Fun Saralee_Cute,

Sunny Greetings from the Resort of Smiles where all is Pleasure and Fun,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your so positive experience with so many other members of the travel community.
We are delighted to see such a positive feedback and would like to thank you for all the good words for our Friendly Staff and Spa Services.
Indeed we do have one of the biggest Swimming Pools in Batam and is a pleasure for our guests to swim and enjoy the lovely surroundings.
Besides the Flying Fox we do have many other activities on the Resort to keep occupied our guests for Fun along with the Spa Relaxation.

On Behalf of all the Harris Players I would like to thank you for choosing our Resort for your Holidays and we look forward to having you and your friends with us many more times to come,

5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

i celebrated my hubby's birthday in harris, thought that there will be only 1 staff to bring the cake to the room but guess what 3 staffs came and wish him. my hubby were taking a nap when they came, was a great surprise for him. my kids enjoyed their stay there too. their staffs were very friendly and helpful espically linda who had helped me with the surprise party and arragements. this is my 4th time there would definetly go back again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear Harris Fun Bee1034,

Sunny Greetings from the Resorts of Smiles where all is Pleasure and Fun,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your so positive experience with us and with
many other members of the travel community.
We are glad that your stay and the surprise Birthday celebration with us were more than you
expected and you had such a great time.
Such a positive feedback coming from you means a lot since you have been with us more than once and you have been experiencing the genuine Simple Unique and Friendly Harris Hospitality.

On Behalf of all the Harris Players I would like to thank you for choosing our Resort and we do
look forward to having you with us many more times to come.

Harris Resort Waterfront Batam

Been to HARRIS Resort Batam Waterfront? Share your experiences!