Was there on the Easter weekend (30th-31st March 2013) and I'd have to say -- it is a good place to kick back and relax. The location is about 30 minutes away from Batam Centre so 'hustle and bustle' will not apply here.
Moving on, the amenities are not too shabby. My only gripe (personal one, I must say upfront) was that the flooring in the room was not carpeted. Instead, the room my girlfriend and I got was one with tiled flooring. Other than that, I can't complain much. Nothing to shout about, but it was good/comfortable enough for relaxaing/sleeping.
Oh, wait, maybe one other gripe -- we managed to borrow a DVD player to watch movies in the room but as the TVs are all wall-mounted LCD panels, it was REALLY HARD to fix the RCA (red/yellow/white for audio/visual) cables into the TV. Hopefully, the management can consider making DVD player a part of the furniture in all rooms, rather than being an item that's available-upon-request.
With that aside, our trip was looking to be a normal getaway that threatened to turn awry if not for the fantastic hospitality extended to us by Ramli, the Rooms Division Manager.
My girlfriend and I had booked a transport into Batam Centre for a massage but there was a mix-up and we ended up waiting an hour and a half for the driver to arrive. Throughout our wait, Ramli -- who was stationed in the lobby -- noticed we were sitting there (aimlessly) and came up to check on us not once, but several times.
He asked us if we were ok, and if we needed help to get hold of the massage parlour to clarify matters. He even insisted on shifting us into the air-conditioned cafe so that we could be as comfortable as possible, and gave us two glasses of orange juice to help put right a mistake that wasn't even theirs to begin with.
When I spoke to him in the cafe, he told me this: "Over here, I like to treat my guests as family and when a family member runs into trouble, you will help them to the best of your abilities."
I was really moved by his gesture and his words -- his extension of help truly made an impact on my stay there.
I'd have to admit: Harris Waterfront Batam was not my first choice of accomodation initially but after staying there over that weekend, and getting to bask in the warmness of the staff there, especially that of Ramli, the resort has jumped up my personal rankings and I'll love to go back there the next time I'm looking for a short getaway from the rigours of living in an urban jungle.
Ramli, thank you so much once again for making me and my girlfriend's stay at Harris Waterfront a truly amazing one.
- Also Known As:
- Harris Resort Batam Waterfront Hotel
- Harris Resort Batam Waterfront Hotel Batam
- Batam Harris Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A friendly resort facing the strait of Singapore and the sea view with spacious accommodation and giant free form swimming pool. Strategic destination and a perfect vacation spot for couples, families or business purposes. With 308 rooms and suites including 20 cabanas, this hotel has the largest number of room provided in Funky and Trendy Wing.Harris Funky will cater the needs of your most discerning family member while easily keeping the whole group occupied and satisfied. Harris Trendy has the newest and trendiest all inclusive concepts, reserved exclusively for couples and singles over 18 years old of age. Asia’s one of its kind, an all inclusive concept welcomes couples and singles to experience carefree days and endless irresistible nights in Batam. The over 18, adults-only atmosphere allows event the most conventional of guest to throw caution-to-the-wind and experience life like never before. Located just 40 minutes away from Harbourfront Center Singapore, Harris Resort Batam try to persuade its guests to linger with a plethora of water sports & indoor entertainment in the form of a ten-lane bowling alley, Squash & billiards, Go kart, Flying Fox or sea sport activities. Soothe the muscles with one of our treatments at the spa, foot reflexology facilities or head to the giant free-form pool. The H-Spa an oasis of calm and serenity with breathtaking sea views and sunset in the afternoon, provide Harris Fans with a haven to luxuriate and pamper themselves with a selection of Body and Facial treatments masterfully executed by highly trained therapists. Five outlets to ease hunger pains are available by providing Indonesian, Asian and Western cuisines. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Expedia, Priceline, HostelWorld, Tingo, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Venere and Otel so you can book your HARRIS Resort Batam Waterfront reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.