“Awesome Experience” 5 of 5 stars
Review of HARRIS Resort Batam Waterfront

Save Saved
You added HARRIS Resort Batam Waterfront to your Saves list
HARRIS Resort Batam Waterfront
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   K.H. Ahmad Dahlan Street | Marina Waterfront City, Riau Islands Province 29422, Indonesia   |
Special Price
Special Offer
Ranked #7 of 67 hotels in Batam
Navi Mumbai, India
“Awesome Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

i loved this place as everyone else who might have visited this place,i was at harris for a whole month through office,what i loved the most was the staff,they were really very helpful,also the resort is amazing,its got that nice PEACE feeling to it.unfortunately i dont have any pics to post.
also there are alot of stuff for kids,so i guess its a complete resort for the whole family as well as for an individual.will definitely love to go there again if i ever get a chance.

Room Tip: the view all around is good.mine was a road facing.i guess pool side would have been nice
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
executive5, General Manager at HARRIS Resort Batam Waterfront, responded to this review, April 13, 2013
Dear Harris Fan Nikhil 131,

Sunny Greetings From the Resort of Smiles where all is Pleasure and Fun,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your holiday experience with many other travelers and we are delighted to see that you had thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us.

Beeing with us for a whole month i guess you are the best witness of our services and yes as you have very well mentioned we do cater for families and all types of travellers including of meetings and conference as well. Our range of facilities varies so we are able to please all tastes.

Thank you once again for the special mention of all the Friendly Staff and the service from the heart offered to you.

We do hope that we will be able to have you with us once again for another lovely and relaxing stay but until then on behalf of all the HARRIS Players,

HARRIS Resort Waterfront Batam

740 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (121)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Luzon, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

I loved this place all staff are very hospitable, the place & room so nice and comfy.For 3D/2N we feel recharged and deep inside we feel PEACE. Thanks for Mr.Harlim-hotel manager for making us feel AT HOME,thanks for the nice chat.I highly recommended this place for couple or family, this a place where you can find PEACE and HAPPINESS!THANKS HARRISHOTEL WATERFRONTCITY for a wonderful vacation!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear HARRIS Fan Aldwinautoair,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your holiday experience with so many other travellers.
We are delighted to see that you had enjoyed so much your stay with us and your holiday has
been relaxing and you managed to get your batteries recharged.
Thank you very much for the special mention of our staff that offerred the Simple Unique and Friendly service from the heart to you and had made such a good impression upon your holidays.

We look forward to welcoming you and your familiy with us again in the near future, untill then
on behalf of all the Harris Players,

Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

This is a real paradise only 1 hour away from my hometown. I've spent my holiday here last week during the Easter and what I've got is way more that what I expect. This resort is really built by the sea, not just a sort of '10 minutes walking to the beach', this hotel have its own private beach.

The staff are friendly, they greet us all the time with sincere expression, and they welcome us with dance and cookies and fresh towel.

I tried the spa and you'll be surprised to find the quality similar with spa in Bali.

And to my surprise, they have a shapeless beautiful swimming pool, while somebody swinging around with flying fox above the pool. The pool is warm and well maintained.

The room is old but still well maintained. The AC works good. The breakfast is as you expected.

I will come back for more this very year, with more friends of course.

Room Tip: Ask for sea view.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
executive5, General Manager at HARRIS Resort Batam Waterfront, responded to this review, April 5, 2013
Dear Harris Fun Saralee_Cute,

Sunny Greetings from the Resort of Smiles where all is Pleasure and Fun,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your so positive experience with so many other members of the travel community.
We are delighted to see such a positive feedback and would like to thank you for all the good words for our Friendly Staff and Spa Services.
Indeed we do have one of the biggest Swimming Pools in Batam and is a pleasure for our guests to swim and enjoy the lovely surroundings.
Besides the Flying Fox we do have many other activities on the Resort to keep occupied our guests for Fun along with the Spa Relaxation.

On Behalf of all the Harris Players I would like to thank you for choosing our Resort for your Holidays and we look forward to having you and your friends with us many more times to come,

Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

i celebrated my hubby's birthday in harris, thought that there will be only 1 staff to bring the cake to the room but guess what 3 staffs came and wish him. my hubby were taking a nap when they came, was a great surprise for him. my kids enjoyed their stay there too. their staffs were very friendly and helpful espically linda who had helped me with the surprise party and arragements. this is my 4th time there would definetly go back again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear Harris Fun Bee1034,

Sunny Greetings from the Resorts of Smiles where all is Pleasure and Fun,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your so positive experience with us and with
many other members of the travel community.
We are glad that your stay and the surprise Birthday celebration with us were more than you
expected and you had such a great time.
Such a positive feedback coming from you means a lot since you have been with us more than once and you have been experiencing the genuine Simple Unique and Friendly Harris Hospitality.

On Behalf of all the Harris Players I would like to thank you for choosing our Resort and we do
look forward to having you with us many more times to come.

Singapore
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

I always trust Trip Advisor reviews so I must have been really unlucky to experience the flip side of Harris. Nonetheless, I feel I should share this honest account.

1. Booking
Checked Harrris website for a specific date and rooms are available. Saw a Groupon deal applicable for this date, bought the Groupon deal,followed the instruction to book and got a reply that Harris is full! Went online to check again but there are still rooms available! Harris staff then told me the quota for Groupon is full?!?! A few correspondences later and still the same answer. I called Groupon to ask if this was a condition stipulated and they promised to get back in a day. Within a few hours after this call, Harris sent me an email to confirm my booking!?!?!

2. Slow check in
In between looking at the screen/system, this staff answered calls and queries and did other stuff! Eventually he told me there are no connecting rooms as I requested. I understand such request is based on availability and was ready to say 'ok, no problem' but before I can say that, he said 'but if you pay additional S$40, you can upgrade to the family rooms and there are connecting rooms available.' I accepted and again he took some time. Finally, he informed me I'll have to pay S$80 in total, then I understood it was S$40/night/family room upgrade. To which I said forget it, just give me whatever rooms originally allocated. Surprisely, he said maybe he was not clear earlier so it's alright, he'll charge S$40 in total. Honestly, I was taken aback at how he could make such decision to not charge in spilt second and I did wonder if I had to pay the extra in the first place.

3. Huge but very old family rooms with musky smell and all
The connecting door could not open because of the carpeting. The edges have frayed and was jamming the door up! One room is carpeted and the other is not! And the room with carpet had 2 large queen/king size beds and the other only had 1 - why the disparity? The maintenance team finally yanked the door open and we left it that way.

The children bunk beds in the room are in a very sad state. The bedsheet looks older then the ones I have at home.

One of the pillows smells of either puke or bad milk.

4. Return of guest property
My sister went for a massage at the Spa on site (3-5mins walk away) and left her watch in the Spa. She was the last guest so she quickly called the reception and informed them in case the Spa closes. After 20mins and no answer, we went to the reception to find out what was going on. The answer was 'no one pick up the phone at the Spa!!' The Spa is owned by Harris and is on site, surely someone could have walked over to pick up or look for the watch?? Unfortunately in the 20mins they tried calling, the staffs at the Spa have all gone home.
Eventually, someone came back to the Spa but the watch could not be found where my sister had left it. Then they tried calling the masseur for my sister and she said the watch is in her locker!! Shouldnt the masseur not inform the reception (to inform the guest) when she found the watch? Or bring the watch to the front desk for safe keeping instead of keeping in her personal locker?

5. Food at cafe - generally below average/not value for money except perhaps the pizza and pasta which were acceptable. The cafe is generally not clean. Have a look at the ceiling picture I attached. This is just one of the many areas.

6. Request for late check out
I was told that the following day the hotel is full and therefore no late check out allowed. Again, I know this is based on room availability and was ready to accept it but was told if you are willing to pay S$XX, you can check out at 3pm. What happened to full capacity?

7.Flooding at Harris
The next morning (3 Feb, Sun), there was a downpour which continued for hours. By around noon or so, the toilets (around the property; I do not know about the rooms as I had checked out by then) were flooded. To my horror, I later realised the whole area outside is flooded to about below knee height. The ponds and drains had overflowed and 'merged' with the swimming pool! Which means the dirty water from the pond and drains are flowing into the pool!

At this point, I was just really happy that I have checked out and am going home.

However, I would like to add that Zois, the General Manager of Harris, wrote an email to me upon knowing of my bad experience and was genuinely concerned. I hope that Zois can look in these areas and make some improvement to Harris.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
executive5, General Manager at HARRIS Resort Batam Waterfront, responded to this review, March 31, 2013
Dear Harris Fun Strawbuz,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your personal opinion about our resort and your stay with us.
We are very surprised to receive such a negative feedback during a stay but as i have noticed
many variable aspects guide you to share this oppinion with others.
We are glad that many of the issues we can resolve and reinstate some procedures that were
not followed as per our policies.
Please allow me to comment on each of your paragraphs and hope to clarify all issues for future travellers as well that wish to visit us.
1. All our collaborators have specific number of rooms in order to be fair we distribute equally
most possible when the specific sold out the rooms asked for addtional to serve you and this was granted by our hotel.
2.During Check ins yes we tend to be a bit loud due to the Harris Move performence and this is what makes Harris unique in our apporach. We are sorry for the delay on the check in and the missunderstanding on pricing but as all companies we have newly hired staff undergoing their training and they are not in full capacity and speed but we need to be fair and give them the chance to learn to become better.
3.The issue of the rooms has been taken up by our housekeeping department and we are in action in replacing all items mentioned in the room.
4. What concerns the lost property since was delivered to you we are going to see the missing link and retrain the staff on how to follow the certain procedures.
5. We are in constant change of our menus and recipies and overlooking the general maintenance of the restaurant.
6.Your comment on the day of the flooding as you have witnessed the rain fall was more than expected, nevertheless in any case there is no connection between the flooding of the pool and what you have mentioned. we have taken notes for additional mesures though for evacuating water with extra drainage channels.Please bare in mind that we always maintain the Chlorine levels of our pools up to standard dosages.

We would like to thank you once again for your feedback and on behalf of all Harris Players

batam
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

you will not find anywhere other than in this hotel for the first time where you feel comfortable removing your child out of sight.
Lovely hotel, staff were very helpful and friendly, where children play comfortable.
we were amazed with Mr.Zois & Mr Ramly so humble and friendly always greeting us,,,
special thanks to Ms.Uly to the beautiful rooms, ms.Linda room bookings practical, front office staff for the hospitality, f & b staff for the service,,,
you guys really treated us like family.
we will often come to your hotel.
we luv u,,,,

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear Harris Fun Dheny D,

Sunny Greetings from the Resort of Smiles where all is Pleasure and Fun.

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your so positive experience with many other
travellers during your holidays in our Resort.
We are so glad that you had such a great time and everyone encountered was helpful and
greeted you with courtesy and the genuine Harris Friendly Service.
As you have mentioned we are a family hotel and with us children and parents feel very comfortable when doing all activities and all fun games.

We would like to thank you once again for choosing our hotel for your holidays and we hope to
be able to have you with us once again,

On behalf of all the Harris Players

5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

Harris resort is really special because of its excellence service. The staff go extra mile to make their guests so special. When I stayed there, it was my hubby's birthday and I wanted to surprise him with a cake during dinner. I was expecting 3-5 staff bringing a cake to our table But, guess what? There were abt 20 of the staff singing a birthday song for him. It was a wonderful surprise for my hubby. My kids love Hariss too. Beside the swimming pool which was really huge, they love the kids club where the staff will entertain them with hand painting, teaching them new dance steps and even playing treasure hunt. The family room on the ground floor is huge and comfortable. Would recommend anyone who wants a short family getaway!

• Stayed March 2013
executive5, General Manager at HARRIS Resort Batam Waterfront, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
Dear Harris Fan Sgbabe,

Sunny Greetings from the Resort of Smiles where all is Pleasure and Fun.

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your so positive experience of your stay
with us and let other travellers know about our Family Resort atmosphere that you and your
children enjoyed.

We would like to thank you also for all the mentions about our friendly staff as we our proud
of our Friendly Service offered to all our guests and not only the children but also the young at heart.

We would like to thank you for choosing our Resort and looking forward to having you with us for another Relaxing and Family Holiday with lots of Fun.

On Behalf of all the Harris Players,

Harrilsly yours,

Harris Resort Waterfront Batam

Been to HARRIS Resort Batam Waterfront? Share your experiences!