My Girlfriend and I booked a Junior Suite for the Honeymoon package. When you hear junior suite it should be one of the better rooms with better service but things wasn't what it is. We waited for 1hr 30mins for the room to be ready - We arrive at 12pm local time. The reception speak very bad English (I think he is a junior) and he has to get his colleagues to help out. I must say the Management tried very hard to think about ways to have a pleasent stay by providing cakes and fruits, decoration to the bed (I have a spend sometime removing the roses), putting roses in the bathtub. But they missed out on the simplest details that travellers were looking for, Cleanliness. The towel is filled with insects stuck on it, the bath tub have the very black mark.
Went for Spa in the afternoon, they ran out of herbal product for the bath, the massage was not at all up to standards - Massage the same spot for 10mins (guess there is ample time for a 1hr 30mins massage). They should have put the cushion on the cheek because the hole is extremely small for your head to put inside. To make matters worst, the towel that was at the bottom of the hole to allow the aromatherapy to flow up has not been cleaned for quite something. It smells like someone who puke. When we proceed to bath (by the way its strange that you go for a bath after your massage, you are not suppose to bathe and shower after massage), the water flows out and in the end there is no water inside the bathtub. Kinda wasted money on that. When we leave, they did not serve us drinks like other spa that we visited. I know their competitors in batam keep asking whether you want a refill.
I must say why there deserve a 2 star is because the candlelight dinner they provide for the honeymoon package is worth recommending. The taste of the food is quite nice and they present it in a very nice manner (They could have played more romantic music - its valentine day on the day rather than English pop songs). The white wine taste a bit werid though. I must say their coffee is one of the nicest that I have ever drank. Their breakfast have many rooms for improvement. Wasn't statisfying at all in terms of the spread and the taste - saggy hashbrown you know what I meant ?
- Also Known As:
- Harris Resort Batam Waterfront Hotel
- Harris Resort Batam Waterfront Hotel Batam
- Batam Harris Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A friendly resort facing the strait of Singapore and the sea view with spacious accommodation and giant free form swimming pool. Strategic destination and a perfect vacation spot for couples, families or business purposes. With 315 rooms and suites including 20 cabanas, this hotel has the largest number of room provided in Funky and Trendy Wing.Harris Funky will cater the needs of your most discerning family member while easily keeping the whole group occupied and satisfied. Harris Trendy has the newest and trendiest all inclusive concepts, reserved exclusively for couples and singles over 18 years old of age. Asia’s one of its kind, an all inclusive concept welcomes couples and singles to experience carefree days and endless irresistible nights in Batam. The over 18, adults-only atmosphere allows event the most conventional of guest to throw caution-to-the-wind and experience life like never before. Located just 40 minutes away from Harbourfront Center Singapore, Harris Resort Batam try to persuade its guests to linger with a plethora of water sports & indoor entertainment in the form of a ten-lane bowling alley, Squash & billiards, Go kart, Flying Fox or sea sport activities. Soothe the muscles with one of our treatments at the spa, foot reflexology facilities or head to the giant free-form pool. The H-Spa an oasis of calm and serenity with breathtaking sea views and sunset in the afternoon, provide Harris Fans with a haven to luxuriate and pamper themselves with a selection of Body and Facial treatments masterfully executed by highly trained therapists. Five outlets to ease hunger pains are available by providing Indonesian, Asian and Western cuisines. Harris Cafe, which is located at 1st floor with opening hours from 06:00 am – 11:00 pm, serving Indonesian, Asian and Western food. Pronto Pizzeria, an al fresco pizzeria, presenting a wide variety of authentic freshly baked Italian wooden oven pizzas, open daily from 10:00 am – 11:00 pm. Harris Grill, located at the sea side serving European dishes, opens daily 07:00 – 11:00 p.m. D’Cafe, presenting a wide variety of Coffee, Frappe and Teas. Not only that, but you also can have your favorite healthy fresh fruit juice from our menu. Open daily from 11:00 am – 11:00 pm. D’Bar, a place where you can enjoy your drinks with live honey home entertainment. Variety of alcoholic beverages such as beers, wines, liquers are available for you. Opening hours from 06:00 pm – 01:00 amA range of meeting room size is ready to accommodate 20 – 400 persons with high technology facilities in both buildings.Whether you come for business or leisure, Harris Resort Batam is one choice that you will never regret to make. Come, enjoy and experience the friendliest hospitality in the island. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Agoda, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Cheap Tickets, Booking.com, Priceline, Otel and Tingo so you can book your HARRIS Resort Batam Waterfront reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.