Stayed at this resort for a weekend in November. Unfortunately, it was a wet weekend, and the resort was hosting some annual D&D for a company and therefore most part of the pool area was occupied. The music from the event did not subside till 12midnight as well.
I bought the honeymoon package from AsiaTravel.com and it was S$288 in 2012, including
1) 2 way ferry tickets for 2, but departure fee from Harbourfront Terminal, fuel surcharge and departure fee from Batam Terminal of $27 were excluded.
2) 2 way hotel transfer
3) Candlelight dinner by the pool and drinks for 2 (but we were given the option of indoor BBQ buffet dinner as well since it was raining)
4) 90 minutes massage for 2, followed by 30 minutes herbal/milk bath soak.
5) Aromatherapy essence, flower décor and chocolate pralines in the room
6) Free 1 game of bowling (but we didn’t use it as the bowling area looked really rundown)
Room-wise, we got a cabana room (included in the package). The cabana rooms were away from the normal apartment-like blocks, and nearer to the ‘beach’. The room was romantically decorated, with rose petals forming a heart shape on the bed, and rose petals were also in the bathtub. The room was big and comfortable, but it had a rustic feel with slightly uneven floorboards. Lizards could also enter the room through the tiny holes near the toilet area. City dwellers who do not appreciate nature, are best taking the rooms in the normal blocks.
The water pressure for the showerhead could be improved as the water trickled out and it was extremely cold to shower in the rainy weather. The BBQ buffet was pretty good though, albeit a little cold. As it rained the entire weekend, we were stuck in our room with nothing much to do but watch TV, or venture out to the main lobby to use the free wifi.
- Also Known As:
- Harris Resort Batam Waterfront Hotel
- Harris Resort Batam Waterfront Hotel Batam
- Batam Harris Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A friendly resort facing the strait of Singapore and the sea view with spacious accommodation and giant free form swimming pool. Strategic destination and a perfect vacation spot for couples, families or business purposes. With 315 rooms and suites including 20 cabanas, this hotel has the largest number of room provided in Funky and Trendy Wing.Harris Funky will cater the needs of your most discerning family member while easily keeping the whole group occupied and satisfied. Harris Trendy has the newest and trendiest all inclusive concepts, reserved exclusively for couples and singles over 18 years old of age. Asia’s one of its kind, an all inclusive concept welcomes couples and singles to experience carefree days and endless irresistible nights in Batam. The over 18, adults-only atmosphere allows event the most conventional of guest to throw caution-to-the-wind and experience life like never before. Located just 40 minutes away from Harbourfront Center Singapore, Harris Resort Batam try to persuade its guests to linger with a plethora of water sports & indoor entertainment in the form of a ten-lane bowling alley, Squash & billiards, Go kart, Flying Fox or sea sport activities. Soothe the muscles with one of our treatments at the spa, foot reflexology facilities or head to the giant free-form pool. The H-Spa an oasis of calm and serenity with breathtaking sea views and sunset in the afternoon, provide Harris Fans with a haven to luxuriate and pamper themselves with a selection of Body and Facial treatments masterfully executed by highly trained therapists. Five outlets to ease hunger pains are available by providing Indonesian, Asian and Western cuisines. Harris Cafe, which is located at 1st floor with opening hours from 06:00 am – 11:00 pm, serving Indonesian, Asian and Western food. Pronto Pizzeria, an al fresco pizzeria, presenting a wide variety of authentic freshly baked Italian wooden oven pizzas, open daily from 10:00 am – 11:00 pm. Harris Grill, located at the sea side serving European dishes, opens daily 07:00 – 11:00 p.m. D’Cafe, presenting a wide variety of Coffee, Frappe and Teas. Not only that, but you also can have your favorite healthy fresh fruit juice from our menu. Open daily from 11:00 am – 11:00 pm. D’Bar, a place where you can enjoy your drinks with live honey home entertainment. Variety of alcoholic beverages such as beers, wines, liquers are available for you. Opening hours from 06:00 pm – 01:00 amA range of meeting room size is ready to accommodate 20 – 400 persons with high technology facilities in both buildings.Whether you come for business or leisure, Harris Resort Batam is one choice that you will never regret to make. Come, enjoy and experience the friendliest hospitality in the island. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Agoda, Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Otel and Tingo so you can book your HARRIS Resort Batam Waterfront reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.