“Excellent Resort” 4 of 5 stars
Review of HARRIS Resort Batam Waterfront

Save Saved
You added HARRIS Resort Batam Waterfront to your Saves list
HARRIS Resort Batam Waterfront
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   K.H. Ahmad Dahlan Street | Marina Waterfront City, Riau Islands Province 29422, Indonesia   |
Special Price
Special Offer
Ranked #7 of 67 hotels in Batam
Singapore, null, Singapore
“Excellent Resort”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

I've always stay in Harris Resort when i'm going for short trip for R n R with my family. But this time around i came with my brother in law with his BIG family members. We were given a connecting room with children bunker bed, ❤WOW that was the first word that come out from my brother in law as he did not expect that the 2 room have that ........ Our families get together outside Singapore was a success with the help of Harris Resort Staffs which show their excellent services during our 3D2N stay.
My brother in law would like to thank Mr Ramli and Mr Tony for their assisance in arranging and sending him to Awal Bros Hospital on 30/12/12 as he was not well on that day. Kudos for their service
Since my first time stay in Harris Resort from 2003 until now, the service from the Staffs have being tip top from the reservation, housekeeping,cafe,office and recreation department is excellent. Here i would like to thanks some of your Staffs, Ms Lynda, Mr Ahmad, Mr Ramli, Ms Doris, Mr Kristian, Mr Tony, Mr Bona, Mr Sabri to name a few.
FYI my brother in law is also planning to come back again with his extended families in the near future. Keep up the Good Work n Excellent Service
A BIG KUDOS GUYS

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
executive5, General Manager at HARRIS Resort Batam Waterfront, responded to this review, January 5, 2013
Dear Harris Fun Sakura0519,

Sunny Greetings from the Resort of Smiles where all is Pleasure and Fun.

We would like to thank you for taking the time to share your so positive holiday experience with other travelers and to thank you for all your nice comments.
Your feedback is also very valuable to us since you have been coming and staying with Harris
many times and have experience the consistency and improvements of service.
Our Family rooms with the Bank Beds are very popular and are in constant demand so is adviseable to request and book in advance in order to guarantee them.
I would like also to thank you for bringing forward our Harris Players by name for their service from the heart and that they ensure for the safety and well beeing also for a family memeber going to the hospital.

I would like to take the opportunity to wish you and your Family a Happy New Year and we are looking forward to having you with us again in the near future.

On Behalf of all the Harris Players

Zois Sanidhiotis

740 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (121)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

The service given to us was below our expectation.

Reception staff bad service except for the supervisor.
Apparently, the room given not so clean, the towel smells and the bedsheet was dusty. I actually requested for an extra bed and so they came in and bring only bedheet cover and comforter and fitted over a so called bed or couch just next to the tv. I was shocked and to think i paid alot for sleeping on so called couch. And not to mention, the bedsheets was grey and dirty looking. So i called room service to change everything back and it was so much better.

Actually, to me the pool wasn't so clean either.

The breakfast was average. The staff in charge of ferry service didn't check for land transfer for us end up we need to pay extra for taxi service. That suppose to come in the package. Luckily, we are in time for our ferry.

The pizza was good though. Nope, not thinking of coming back.

Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
executive5, General Manager at HARRIS Resort Batam Waterfront, responded to this review, December 18, 2012
Dear Harris Fan Riqz,

Sunny Greetings from the Resort of Smiles where all is Pleasure and Fun,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your personal experience and reviews about
your stay in our hotel with other travelers.

We are sorry to see that some negative issues have come up and thank you for your feedback
to us in order to raise all issues and provide a better service in the future to our customers.

Thank you for your nice comments about the pizza our signature dish and we do hope that
maybe in the near future we could have you as our guest or even in another Harris Hotel in Indonesia.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

We stayed in Room 116
Family Suite good for a couple with a kid pre-school
Swimming and simple pool side with ball games available
We did 1-2 games at the bowling alley
Took the free shuttle to Nagoya Hill shopping mall

• Stayed December 2012
executive5, General Manager at HARRIS Resort Batam Waterfront, responded to this review, December 21, 2012
Dear Harris Fan Kenny67,

Sunny Greetings from the Resort of Smiles where all is Pleasure and Fun,

Thank you very much for sharing your so compact and straight to the point review about your stay with us with other members of the travel community.

We are so glad that you enjoyed overall our facilities and as you describe, yes we are very suitable for families with all sorts of in house fun games to do ranging from the youngest to the oldest children.
Our Family Rooms are very conviniently located on the ground floor with easy access to the pool making them very popular for families with especially young children.

We would like to thank you once again to have choosen our Resort for your quick getaway and we do hope to have you with us in the near future.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

Excellent service at a budget price. The resort has almost everything that you will need during your holiday be it for entertainment or food. Staffs there are really friendly and approachable. Easy to travel to the city area of batam.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Harris Fan Ykokhui,

Sunny Greetings from the Resort of Smiles where all is Pleasure and Fun,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your review which i must congractulate you
as giving the most descriptive picture of our Resort in such a few lines.

Indeed we are as you so well put it having everything you need on the premisses and as i always say we are a one stop Resort with so many activities restaurants and fun things to do that
you do not need to go anywhere else.
Thank you also for the so positive comments about our friendly staff and please allow me
once more on behalf of all the Harris Players to say that we do look forward to having you
with us in the near future again.

Harrisly Yours

4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

My family & I really enjoyed our 3d2n stay (4th Dec 2012-6th Dec 2012), at
the Harris Resort Batam. They really have a bunch of nice & friendly staffs
there. Excellent service right from front desk to the rest of the staffs.
Room service was fast responded. Reservation & check-in for my family room
was also quick & easy. Before reservation, I made an email enquiry about
their room rates, charges, etc & Linda/Desy responded to all my email
queries really fast. Upon reaching the resort, we were served a welcome
drink & they gave us wet towels to refresh/wipe ourselves. We felt so
welcome. Thank you! Room wise, its up to our expectations. The air con was
working well too. Their buffet breakfast was good. Our family room (ROOM NO.
112) was just beside the swimming pool so it was very convenient for my
family to go swimming. Overall, my family & I are very happy & satisfied
with their services & we really enjoyed our stay there & yes....will
definitely come back & stay at Harris Resort Batam for our next planned
holiday. I would like to thank all the staffs of Harris for making our stay
really enjoyable & memorable & not forgetting Desy/Linda from reservation,
thank you for answering all my email queries,for the arrangement for our 2
way transfer & for reserving our Family room for us. Thank you so much
all!!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
executive5, General Manager at HARRIS Resort Batam Waterfront, responded to this review, December 13, 2012
Dear Harris Fan Mme Suri,

Sunny Greetings from the Resort of Smiles where all is Pleasure and Fun,

We would like to thank you for the genuine feedback and sharing your overall stay experience
here in tripadvisor with the so large interantional travelers community of the world.
Most of all we are glad that you had an enjoyable holiday and all staff encountered were friendly
and some were mentioned by name for their outstanding performence in serving you.
We would also like to thank you for all the nice comments about the food and atmospehere of the resort and we will be more than happy to welcome you many more times and have you as part
of our many repeat friends coming to stay with us.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

Stayed at Harris Waterfront about 2 months ago with my buddy. Location is a bit out of place. We decided to stay the whole day in the hotel without going out. The pool looked nice but both of us choose to spend the whole night chit chat in the room instead. The beach is not clean to even sit there to chat. The restaurant is too pricely. Hence, we just went to the cafe to take away some snacks like wings which the foods are quite nice. We called for a wine opener at least twice and it took 1.5 hours to arrive. The room are not so clean and with very noisy air-conditioner which I cannot sleep properly (lazy to complaint since only 1 night). I saw that they are doing some renovation and upgrade. Hope that they can improve to get a better rating soon.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Harris Fan Scasperqueen,

Sunny Greetings from the Resort of Smiles where is all Pleasure and Fun,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your holiday experience with us to the travel community and we would like to thank you for your comments as for us the feedback is valuable
for improvements.
We are glad that overall your stay was a pleasant one and as you said it you can stay in the resort with no need to move with plenty of things to do.
Indeed some renovations are already starting to taking place and we are going to extent them even more gradually.
We hope that even some minor faults during your stay occured we will be able to have you with us once again in the near future.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012 via mobile

This is my third visit to this Harris resort, my fourth visit to Batam in two years. I have always recommended it to my friends.

But somehow this visit was not as exciting as my last two visits. My fervour is a bit mellowed.

Below is a list of my gripes, and a list of my compliments.

Overall I do believe that Harris Resort is a good place for the 2D1N getaway from home. I was probably just unlucky this time.

It is a distance from Nagoya (about 30mins drive), so I would recommend paying for the shuttle bus (SGD10/pax) if you're alone or with one other person. If you're in a big group, flag down a cab. Wikipedia says it costs about SGD10 (about USD8) per way.

For those who want a small dose of local life, there's a warung opposite the front entrance that serves local dishes like Nasi Ayam Penyet and Bakso at very affordable prices (IDR15000 = USD1.50)

There are also activities for adrenaline junkies like ATV, paintball shooting and flying fox.

What I didn't like:
1) The spa staff asked for tips. This is the first time it happened. When I didn't give her any she was visibly upset and glared at me as I walked out (I come from a non-tipping culture. I always believe tips are earned, not requested)
2) Tap water was yellow when faucet was turned to "hot". But it became clear when faucet was turned to "cold".
3) Safe can be easily opened by a housekeeping staff. I had accidentally locked the safe so I called front desk and they sent someone up. I told him my problem and he said he had to get another key. He came back (with no manager) and helped us open the safe. He then taught us the proper way to set our password.

What I liked:
1) Ahmad the front desk staff. I had made bookings using some coupons but forgot to bring them with me. Instead of charging me the full rate (which was the fine print on the coupon) he suggested I email him the e-coupons instead.
2) Staff were very patient even when there were many demanding guests waiting to check in (my country unfortunately is not known for its patience). Special mention goes to Riska from Reservations for being so helpful with ferry reservations.
3) A staff from the front desk called our room in the
evening to ask us how our stay was and if there was anything they could do
4) The korean/japanese restaurant. Quite pricey but portions were big and they gave us free appetisers and sliced watermelons

• Stayed November 2012
executive5, General Manager at HARRIS Resort Batam Waterfront, responded to this review, November 30, 2012
Dear Harris Fan RashidadSingapore,

Sunny Greetings from the Resort of Smiles where all is Pleasure and Fun,

Thank you very much for all your comments and feedback concerning your stay with us and we are so glad to receive your comments especially since you have been returning to our property
so many times.

We have noted well all your comments and constructive critisism and we will do our best to rectify all areas as you mention in order to provide a better service to all our Harris Fans.
Thank you very much for the special mention of our Harris Players outstanding service towards
yourself and the mention of all our new Fun Activities for Adrenaline Junkies.

We do hope to be able to have you with us in the near future with better impressions of the Harris Simple Unique and Friendly service.

On Behalf of all the Harris Players

Harris Resort Waterfront Batam

Been to HARRIS Resort Batam Waterfront? Share your experiences!