I am very disappointed with the service that they have provided when my family checked in last nov. 7, 2012. First, it was an off peak season but the room they gave us is in the old bldg and it was not properly cleaned up, it has a very irritating musty smell and the beddings have stains, no toiletries provided as well and the wifi doesnt even work in that area.. so much for their free wifi. So we requested to be transfered to the new bldg, the room is ok, but still below standard. We went out to chill in the pool but they are working on scaffoldings so they keep on asking us to move to another recliner for several times.Then at night we chose to dine in the pool side restaurant, the waitress gave us ala carte menu w/o informing us that there is also buffet. When we turn around and saw the buffet inside after placing our orders, we immediately ask them to cancel the ala carte order and informed them that we want to take the buffet instead. The waitress said she will check and after 15 mins she get back and said its already cooked, she took 15 mins to check ofcourse its possible that the orders were already cooked. Just before she got back to us I asked another waitress to see if we can cancel, so after the first waitress informed us that we cannot cancel anymore the 2nd waitress we asked run towards me and said we can already have the buffet. So as confusing as it is, i decided to checked with the manager to confirm whether we can have the buffet or not, and to my surprise the asst manager approach me and told me that i cannot cancel because if i cancel then the waitress will bear the trouble for it. I believe it shouldn't be this way because it was not our fault that we were not informed by the waitress that there is a buffet, and second if she came to the kitchen immediately after we asked her to cancel then probably the cook wouldnt proceed with our orders. So why can't we have the food we wanted just because of the waitress fault? Some more the asst mngr tried to pacify us by bribing us with free dessert from the buffet which is so cheap! We didnt liked it, as we are not complaining bcoz we want something free but because of the lousy service. Anyway, we still tried to understand the situation though we're pissed. The following day we're checking out (nov 8) i tried to use my Visa debit card to pay but the front desk said in a loud voice "cannot mam it is declined!" i was shocked because i know i have money in that account so it couldn't be possible. I asked her again to try it, and she replied same thing in an annoying tone. We immediately checked my account online to confirm how much is my available balance and as we checked it is more than enough for what we have to pay. So i went back to the front desk and told her to try again because i already checked and confirm that there is money inside. Then she said "still cannot mam declined!" since its getting too much attention from other guest i felt embarrassed and started to get really annoyed so i decided to trouble my hubby to go to the ferry terminal (since there is no atm in the resort) to draw money so we can pay in cash instead. In short we settled tru cash. When we reached Singapore we received a text from hsbc that there was a transaction made on our visa card, confused, we immediately confirmed with the bank and alas the harris deduction did go tru, holding back our money from the debit card! Meaning we paid same amount in debit card and another in cash! They double charged us and until now we havent get back the money!!! We tried to email several times but haven't get any feedback from them! The spa also is very bad as the attendant were not properly trained. Most staff have difficulty in speaking english, so communication is a big problem. This is too much trouble brought to us by what i thought was a multi awarded resort in customer service and now im wondering are the reviews online for real?! The only thing that makes them different is that they have lots of activities instore for the whole family and that's it!
- Also Known As:
- Harris Resort Batam Waterfront Hotel
- Harris Resort Batam Waterfront Hotel Batam
- Batam Harris Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A friendly resort facing the strait of Singapore and the sea view with spacious accommodation and giant free form swimming pool. Strategic destination and a perfect vacation spot for couples, families or business purposes. With 308 rooms and suites including 20 cabanas, this hotel has the largest number of room provided in Funky and Trendy Wing.Harris Funky will cater the needs of your most discerning family member while easily keeping the whole group occupied and satisfied. Harris Trendy has the newest and trendiest all inclusive concepts, reserved exclusively for couples and singles over 18 years old of age. Asia’s one of its kind, an all inclusive concept welcomes couples and singles to experience carefree days and endless irresistible nights in Batam. The over 18, adults-only atmosphere allows event the most conventional of guest to throw caution-to-the-wind and experience life like never before. Located just 40 minutes away from Harbourfront Center Singapore, Harris Resort Batam try to persuade its guests to linger with a plethora of water sports & indoor entertainment in the form of a ten-lane bowling alley, Squash & billiards, Go kart, Flying Fox or sea sport activities. Soothe the muscles with one of our treatments at the spa, foot reflexology facilities or head to the giant free-form pool. The H-Spa an oasis of calm and serenity with breathtaking sea views and sunset in the afternoon, provide Harris Fans with a haven to luxuriate and pamper themselves with a selection of Body and Facial treatments masterfully executed by highly trained therapists. Five outlets to ease hunger pains are available by providing Indonesian, Asian and Western cuisines. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, HostelWorld, Tingo, Priceline, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Hotels.com, Venere, Agoda and Otel so you can book your HARRIS Resort Batam Waterfront reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.