“Never again!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of HARRIS Resort Batam Waterfront

Save Saved
You added HARRIS Resort Batam Waterfront to your Saves list
HARRIS Resort Batam Waterfront
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   K.H. Ahmad Dahlan Street | Marina Waterfront City, Riau Islands Province 29422, Indonesia   |
Special Price
Special Offer
Ranked #8 of 72 Hotels in Batam
“Never again!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

I used to enjoy spending the weekend at Harris Waterfront for massage and R&R but this weekend's experience left me utterly disappointed, frustrated and changed my mind completely. The staff were not only unfriendly (not a smile on their faces...boy this was my first surprise cos they were always so friendly on my previous visit), 1 of their reception staff was downright rude and condescending when we enquired about our boarding passes. How would we know they have changed their practice that now guests have to collect our boarding passes from the ferry terminal? I don't mind doing that at all, just have to explain to me properly and politely. There was also a big function at the pool area as well as some bollywood "singing" at the Trendy Wing lobby. Both were noisy enough to spoil my rest and relax. I'm thankful though that they managed to change our room from right in front of the pool party to the back, otherwise I would not only not be able to rest but would probably end with a blooming headache. After this weekend's experience, I am striking Harris Waterfront out completely!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
executive5, General Manager at HARRIS Resort Batam Waterfront, responded to this review, November 16, 2012
Dear Harris Fan Bc01486,

Sunny Greetings from the Resort of Smiles were all is Pleasure and Fun,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your comments and share your holiday
experience to other travellers.
We were very surpised to see that the service encountered by our Harris Players was not
Friendly and this is very alarming to us as the main comments we always receive is for the quality
of the service and friendly apporach all our staff has.
We are sorry for the inconvinience caused during your stay with us due to the event taking place
around our swimming pool and for the inconvinience and disturbance has created during your stay with us.
We apologize for that and we are glad that our staff has managed to allocate you to another room so your stay was not as disturbed by the event.

We are sorry for not having enjoyed on the fullest your holiday and please drop me an email should you wish to return for another visit with us.
We do hope that this experience will not be an obstacle in visiting other Harris accross Indonesia.

On behalf of all Harris Players

Harris Resort Batam

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (137)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Perth, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

Stayed one night for work and was allocated a little cabana/hut. Room was nice enough, nothing flash but fine for me. WIreless reception was marginal as the cabanas are a little out of the way.

Arrived back at the resort at 3am - exhausted after a very long and testing day - only to find bedbugs under the covers when I went to get into bed. Called reception and after an offer to simply change the sheets, I finally convinced them to move me. Moved to another cabana where the bed was OK. Fortunately I managed to get home without bringing any bedbugs with me.

The resort itself is very nice - slightly dated, but the pool area is great and there are a few different eating options. Looks like a nice spot for families.

Room Tip: Apparently the normal rooms are much nicer than the cabanas.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
executive5, General Manager at HARRIS Resort Batam Waterfront, responded to this review, October 26, 2012
Dear Harris Fan Joel B,

Sunny Greetings from the Resort of Smiles where all is Pleasure and Fun,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments concerning your stay in our hotel, I have noticed that your stay was with us in NOVEMBER 2011 so since then many changes
have taken place in our property.
We are glad that overall you enjoyed our facilities and also for the reccomendation for our
hotel as family destination. We have added also our new Sea Sports facilites in January 2012 and also have refurbished some rooms and areas of the hotel.
Further to your comment concerning the bed bugs even though this comes from long time ago
we would like to inform you that we do regular spraying and spring cleanings and have not any similar issues or comments.

Thank you also for your special mention and recommendation for our hotel as suitable for families and we do hope to maybe have you with us or maybe another Harris accross Indonesia.

On Behalf of all the Harris Players

singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

Bought a deal voucher for ~S$97 including return ferry, buffet breakfast, 1hr massage and 1 free bowling game! It is quite a bargain.. Plus having to bond with my family is very sweet!! I have to say pool is really nice and closes at 9pm.. So u can swim all you want..but there's a catch, there is no life guards so swim at your own risk!
We had lunch at Harris cafe! Food's nice and serving portion is huge, it can actually shared by 2! Breakfast is so so.. Food there is all halal.. So you got less choices..
As for the massage at H spa..I did not like it at all.. Its a disaster!The massage therapist pressed too hard even if I told to press softer it's still too hard for me. And I did not even feel that I'm at the spa! The room is too bright! And the worse part is, some therapist obliged there client to give tips! I mean if I like the massage I would generously give a tip!

Anyway, Overall my stay in Harris waterfront batam is still quite OK esp there hotel staffs! they're very friendly people and service is superb. I would still go back but will not have my massage there!:))

PS. We did not try the water sports. Maybe next time..:)

• Stayed October 2012
executive5, General Manager at HARRIS Resort Batam Waterfront, responded to this review, November 3, 2012
Dear Harris Fan Bfly_04,

Sunny Greetings from the Resort of Smiles where all is Pleasure and Fun,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share all your comments with the rest of the travel
community and we are glad that overall you had a good time and enjoyed your stay with us.
Most of all we are glad that you wish to return to the family of our return guests and definately
next time you must try our Sea Sports along with the other many activities we offer and the most
popular one being the ATV jungle trekking!
We are sorry if in some areas your expectations were not met but your valuable feedback has enabled us to take corrective actions and measures in order to ensure that the services provided
in the respective areas is of the standards and quality of our companies and guest expectations.

Thank you once again for having chosen our resort for your holidays and relaxation and on on
behalf of all the Harris Players we are looking forward to welcoming you again.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

Staff is very friendly, approachable and always with nice smile. Thanks for the surprise bday cake and song during the dinner time, it was great one!

Environment in the room my Japanese suite with surprise bday deco is super nice, love it very much! The outdoor hot spring facility in the room is nice too, my fren and I relaxed ourselves in the room as well ;)

Food is normal and can be improved.

The resort is with sea sport and some other activities for kids and adults, so can spend more time in the resort and relax.

Tried hot stone massage at the H Spa for the 1st time and it was very relaxing and unique. Book early if u can so that u can enjoy 35% off. The walk way to the spa is nicely deco with green plants.

Shuttle service to ferry terminal is so convenient and don’t have to wait, the staff drove us to the ferry terminal immediately when needed.

I enjoyed my stayed at Harris and will be there again next time ;)

I would like to say Thank You to the management and all staffs for making my bday so special for me, I love it, Thank you very much !

Room Tip: if you like to have hot spring in your room then you have to choose the Japanese suite. there is o...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Harris Fan Celine_sp0,

Sunny Greetings from the Resort of Smiles where all is Pleasure and Fun,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your so positive experience when holidaying with us and with so many other travellers.

We are so glad that you had a great time with us and that you enjoyed our facilities rooms Spa and the cheerful staff made your birthday a special one.
As you so well put it the many activities in our resort make you spend much time in the hotel
without needing to move out or get bored as well.

We would also like to tell you you are welcome in the answer to the thank you to the management and staff and to comment that you have been treated to the genuine Friendly Service of our Harris Players.

Looking forward to having you with us the soonest for another Happy and Joyefull Holiday outing.

On Behalf of all the Harris Players

spore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012 via mobile

For the price of the hotel, of course it must lift up to the standard. Rooms are really good and new, staffs are great..
Food is good and acceptable.. Prices are not cheap but at least it's nice.. D bar is Abit boring no stage for singers , suggest band should mOve outdoor at swimming pool cafe , more lively.

• Stayed October 2012
executive5, General Manager at HARRIS Resort Batam Waterfront, responded to this review, October 23, 2012
Dear Harris Fan Louiskk,

Sunny Greetings from the Resort of Smiles where all is Pleasure and Fun,

Thank you very much for all your nice comments concerning your stay with us and we are delighted that you had such a great time.
Most of all thank you for the special praize on our staff friendliness and the quality of Food and Beverages served.
We would like to thank you for choosing Harris Resort Waterfront Batam for your stay,

On behalf of all the Harris Players we are looking forward to having you with us in the near future
untill then,

3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

Went to Batam for the first time and had stayed at the Harris resort after buying the coupon from deal.com.sg. I requested for the room at Harris Trendy after reading reviews and the room was reasonable and there were no major issues about it. There was free transportation from waterfront ferry terminal and the staff received us with a warm welcome upon arrival. Massage has been offered at the hotel and an hour long treatment was included in the coupon deal. We had expected a reasonable spa service offered by the hotel, especially when they are claimed to be award-winning, but the skills of the masseurs fell short of our expectations. Nevertheless, the stay was value for money and the friendly staff will make it even more worth it for a short getaway.

Room Tip: Request for a newer room. Avoid the cabanas.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Harris Fan Alerieee,

Sunny Greetings from the REsortof Smiles where all is Pleasure and Fun,

We would like to thank you very much for your time to share your holiday experience with many other travellers and we are glad that you had such a great time with us.
We are glad that you had such a good time and the staff has been extremely friendly with you which justifies our Harry Spirit. We have also noted some of your comments concerning our spa
and we are working in improving in that area as well.

Thank you once again for choosing our hotel for your stay and on behalf of all our Harris Players

Harrisly yours,

Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012 via mobile

Very friendly and helpful staffs. Check in and check out was a little bit slow, however, overall stay was good. Nice swimming pool and ample of facilities and outdoor activities.

Food fair average, however, it's commendable for 4 Stars resort. There were some suggestion for the management to consider:

Do not clear minibar for FIT
No welcome drinks offer upon check in
No porter offer baggage assistance

As a frequent traveller. Honestly I would rate the operator service very efficient despite she did not acknowledge by name or reconfirm the requests. She had assisted to get comb, tooth brushes and etc less that 10 minutes. I really did not wait too long. Well done to the Harris team. Despite some minor challenges. Overall impression and stay was good. Will definitely return.

• Stayed October 2012
executive5, General Manager at HARRIS Resort Batam Waterfront, responded to this review, October 17, 2012
Dear Harris Fan Mikeyflee,

Sunny Greetings from the Resort of Smiles where all is Pleasure and Fun,

Thank you for sharing your positive experience with our Resort and with so many other travellers
and we are glad that your overall stay was very pleasant.
We would also like to thank you for all the constructive critisism and we already have brought
your points in our meetings to further improve our services offered to all of our clients.
We are glad that you have encountered the most efficient and friendly service from our Harris Players and most of all that you will be returning for another enjoyable stay with us.

Until the next time we are looking forward to having you with us on behalf of all
the Harris Players

Harris Resort Waterfront Batam

Been to HARRIS Resort Batam Waterfront? Share your experiences!