“Good for family holidays with lots of activities” 4 of 5 stars
Review of HARRIS Resort Batam Waterfront

You added HARRIS Resort Batam Waterfront to your Saves list
HARRIS Resort Batam Waterfront
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   K.H. Ahmad Dahlan Street | Marina Waterfront City, Riau Islands Province 29422, Indonesia   |
Special Price
15% off room rate
Ranked #8 of 75 Hotels in Batam
Singapore, Singapore
“Good for family holidays with lots of activities”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2011

+: Very near the ferry terminal, free land transfer, nice big pool for all ages, an entertainment centre including bowling and 9-ball pool (although it was old). The food was wonderful although expensive (typical pricey hotel food). A complete resort where you don't have to leave to get anything because everything's there. Friendly staff too. The room was bigger than I expected and I had my connecting rooms request acceded, although I had to wait an hour.

- Old. The corridor leading to the rooms smell of feet. I dread walking the corridors but I had no choice. The whole building was old. The TVs were still the boxy kind and the air-con was huge!

I did notice there was a new wing which looked spanking new. I didn't enquire about it though. I could only look on in envy.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
executive5, General Manager at HARRIS Resort Batam Waterfront, responded to this review, January 8, 2012
Dear Puyu81,

Sunny greetings from the resort of smiles where all pleasure is fun,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your so positive experience in our resort
with the many members of the travel community, We are glad that as you have mentioned we
are a one stop over resort where you can come and find plenty of things to do with your family
and children and no need to leave. We are adding by next month one more additional facility for sea sport activities for the adults to have as fun as the children.
We are glad that overall your stay was an enjoyable one and the only thing i would ask if possible to contact me directly on mey email below regarding your comment about the boxy TV as all of our rooms have been since last year equipped with brand new plasma televisions of the latest technology.

We do hope to have you with us once again so you will be able to experience the new wing.

Harris Resort
gm@harris-batam-waterfront.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (164)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2011

I booked through street deal for a Xmas getaway 2D1N on 24th Dec 2011 and I am glad it was only one night. The hotel bedsheet was yellowish and didnt look clean to me. The floor was sticky and I can't find a pair of room slippers. I have to wear my footwear when I am in room. The tolietries provided were very very basic. You can't find toothbrush or toothpaste. You need to buy at $30000Rp!!! The provision shop sell Pringles potatoe chip at SGD$5!!! So much expensive than Singapore. I had the gala Xmas dinner which is SGD$70 per Pax. The variety of food that they serve are limited. The prawn and crab are very small and you taste any meat. The turkey don't look like one and more like chicken. Basically is not satisfying. SGD$70 I can have a very good dinner in Singapore 5 star hotel. In Indonesia I am expecting lobster, oyster, sashimi with SGD$70. The only thing i find it worth is seeing the close up firework effect. But stupid thing is they didnt have any countdown and at 9pm they started putting off firework and keep shouting ' Merry Xmas'. There wasn't any goodies bags given, just lollipops! I am expecting some Xmas hat and whistle stuffs but NO!!! And by 10pm the whole dinner ended. At the gala dinner they also invite some children claim to be the tsunami victims who had lose their parents, to sing Xmas carol and asking for our donations. I wonder how true can it be or just just a scam. The guests there are mostly Singaporeans. Harris making me feeling that we are stupid and they are ripping off us. Basically is a very expensive and not worthwhile trip. I will never never go Harris again!

• Stayed December 2011
executive5, General Manager at HARRIS Resort Batam Waterfront, responded to this review, January 10, 2012
Dear Nottyjas,

Sunny Greetings from the resort of smiles where all pleasure is fun,

Thank you very much for sharing your very personal oppinion of your stay and your very personal thoughts about our hotel operations.
As you mention the facilities and services were not looking good to you and everything was very expensive. I am sure that if you tried any hotel in Singapore for a Christmas eve dinner the
price would be three even four times more than the 70 Sing Dollars we charge,
in fact a Breakfast in a five star hotel in Singapore costs 65 Sing dollar and not in a Festive Period.
Unfortunately our dinner ended short due to the sudden weather change you were there as you
say and you witnessed it.
I am very dissapointed to even see a mentioned comment about the children victims of tsunami from the orphanage we host to sing the Carrols for you and help them. We do not really advertise the charity and community work we do as Harris Hotels but allow me to offer you a nights stay at our hotel the day we will be visiting the orphanage to offer them in goods the donations we have gathered and the money you will pay for that night will be going to the donations as well, you can contact me personally at my email at
gm@harris-batam-waterrfront.com
We do not visit only one orphanage but two and the names are as follows the Biiva Bangsa Batam and the Piran Sejahtera, after the event we host on the 26 th an open day for the children to swim and offer them a free buffet lunch. This is not done only in Christmas but also during other religion occasions. Really it is sad that has even crossed your mind that we use children to collect money and in doubt you should ask at the moment. If you or anyone else reading this comment is in doubt and wishes to join us and participate in donations please contact me. I am sorry to say but many of our Singaporeans are very smart and if you feel like
you mention that Harris makes you feel stupid is better to speak for your self only and not on behalf of others.

Thank you once again on behalf of all the Harris Players

2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2011

Previous stays with them was awesome.
Service dropped drastically.

Had to wait 4 hours to get our room. Staff kept asking us to come back every half hour but in total we waited for 4 hours.
We got a room that has a connecting door. The guy from the next door walked into our room n shocked us both. Told the staff but all they said was the door was locked so it wasnt possible for that to happen. So we must be imagining things.
Definitely will not return. Holiday inn is just a stone throw away. Go for that.

• Stayed December 2011
executive5, General Manager at HARRIS Resort Batam Waterfront, responded to this review, January 4, 2012
Dear Syanagz,

Sunny Greetings from the resort of smiles where all pleasure is fun,

Thank you very much for your comments on your stay with us we are sorry to see
that your stay was not up to your expectations as the previous time you stayed with us
when you really enjoyed it but did not share your satisfactory stay with the rest of travel community.
Please note that any arrival time at the hotel before 14.00 pm cannot be considered as check in
time that is why most propably you were delayed in checking in.
We thank you once again and your review directly promoting a competitor hotel of ours makes us wonder!!!!!!!

On Behalf of all the Harris Players.

Kind Regards

Harrisly yours,
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2011

Booked the Fun Getaway package.We were well received by Harris's staffs from the harbour till checking in. At first, We were upgraded to Carbana rooms but we insisted that we would like to stay at Trendy Wing which we managed to get what we want..To add on it,we were given the room facing the pool.

Just to share our experience to all you,overall we are very happy to stay at Harris Beach Resort. Firstly of all,the staffs are very friendly and helpful..Secondly,the foods at Harris Cafe is nice especially the pizzas..Nasi Goreng Special is superb!!The only thing about Harris Beach Resort (I guess other hotels also the same)is that most of foods down here are expensive.

Overall, the package is recommended by couple intending for a short vacation.

• Stayed December 2011
General Manager H, General Manager at HARRIS Resort Batam Waterfront, responded to this review, January 19, 2012
Dear Wanpek,

Sunny greetings from the resort of smiles where all pleasure is fun!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your holiday experience with us
and we are so delighted that you had a great time in our resort.
We especially thank you for the mentions about the food and our signature dish our
wooden oven pizzas as well our Nasi Goreng.
We do hope to be able to have you with us once again,

On behalf of all the Harris Players,

Harrisly yours,

3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2011

loved the rooms huge king beds ,rooms were nice and clean , i stayed at the hotel's old wing and had one of the best sleep I ever got in a while.food and toiletries are expensive in the hotel. pls bear in mind that toothbrush and paste is not given . if u want to u can buy it from the hotel or just bring ur own . breakfast is ok and the refilling is quite slow . they provide free shuttle service to nagoya hill but on a strict timing. example if u take the first bus, u need to come back on the first return slot and we cant take the later return slot. this place is good if u want to stay the whole time here. if u want to go shopping and outing is it a bit of a hassle . everything else is quite far from here . the good thing is they do free transfer service and also confirm ur return timing.massages in nagoya area are cheaper and better some do provide free pick up and drop off services pls do ur research on these stuffs to better optimise ur holiday.

Room Tip: old wing is near to the lobby and rooms are big
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
General Manager H, General Manager at HARRIS Resort Batam Waterfront, responded to this review, December 30, 2011
Dear Wildmakkal,

Sunny greetings from the resort of smiles where all pleasure is fun,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your comments on the tripadvisor about
your stay with us, We are glad you had a nice stay and even more one of your best sleeps in
our rooms for a long time.
We are sorry to see some negative aspects about the transportation but as we are dealing with many visitors we have to be organized in order to provide the most efficient service.
Should guests wish to take alternative transport for their later return to the hotel they can do so
at their own expence.
Thank you once again we look forward yo having you with us again,

Singapore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2011

We came back from Harris Resort on 14 Dec after spending 4D3N there and had a room the 5th Floor facing the pool. Lovely view but the first 2 nights were spoilt by loud music from the pool because of a company retreat and Harris family day respectively. There were 3 of us but extra beddings and towels were not prepared for us. We had to call housekeeping to get them to make up the extra bed. Somehow, there were ants on the table.

The resort is a nice place to chill out only. Rather far from town, about half an hour's ride. S$15 for taxi into Nagoya town. Food is expensive. The breakfast buffet is so-so. Nothing fantastic. However, if you are given the free set lunch and dinner, be warned that it is horribly pathetic. The only thing good is the pizza which we ordered because we were still hungry. Delicious, at S$15 per pizza.

The paintball battleground is infested with mosquitoes. Bring your insect repellent. My son tried the air rifle shooting target. S$15 for 50 bullets. The bowling alley is just passable. Went for the free massage which was included in my package.

I would say the resort is ok. The staff are polite. Would I go again? Not in a long while.

Room Tip: As for a room with a pool view. Rooms facing the sea have a lousy view.
Dear Wlhg,

Sunny greetings from the resort of smiles where all pleasure is fun,

Thank you for taking the time to post your holiday comments on the travellers web page,
we are glad to see that your stay was an enjoyable one and sorry to see some minor
comments that did not fullfill your full expectations of the stay.
Please note that we do regular fumications to control the mosquitos and all other incects but
as the paintball and airsoft terrains are open area and in a natural environment this cannot be
controlled on a 100% especially during the rainy season.
Thank you once again for your feedback and we do hope to have you with us in another stay.

On Behalf of all the Harris Players

Jakarta, Indonesia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2011

There's nothing luxurious about this resort. First of all, front office service was not what we expected. Stood around in front of the reception for a full 10 minutes before she even acknowledged our presence. Apparently she was upset about something. We stayed in the older part of the resort, and the smell was dingy. The wi-fi was not working until the last 3 hours of our visit. There is no bath tub in the bathroom, the faucets are at knee level, so it seems like there used to be a bathtub, but they have taken it out. Cleanliness of the bathrooms is questionable. At the restaurant for dinner, my husband opted for the buffet and we were promptly warned: NO Sharing allowed with your kids. I think it would be more pleasant if they wait to make those kinds of warning until they actually see the guests sharing buffet food. The pricey pizzas and bruschettas did not have the taste expected from a wood oven pizzeria. The location is far from anywhere. Concierge can't be of much help in getting ferry tickets to Singapore, apparently, you are supposed to already have your own ferry ticket before you can ride their free shuttle to the ferry terminal..whaat? So this resort is designed for Singaporeans. Indonesians (such as myself) might be treated as an afterthought in their services. Maybe it's just me.

Room Tip: Ask to stay in the new part of the resort.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
executive5, General Manager at HARRIS Resort Batam Waterfront, responded to this review, January 5, 2012
Dear Moonsoonrains,

Sunny greetings from the resort of smiles where all pleasure is fun,

Thank you very much for your comments and expressing your personal review about
your stay with us. We are sorry to see that your stay was not as per your expectations.
We will investigate further into your comments and as you mentioned if you have stayed
in the Trendy wing all our rooms have bath tabs besides two rooms that are designed for persons with special needs. Our pizza is the number one most selling item in the resort and
the comments received are always excellent we do not understand the meaning they did not taste like a wood oven as all pizzas are prepared in front of the customer at our Pronto Pizzaria.
Our Guest relations only assist to reconfirm tickets and issue boarding passes once you already have your ticket. We do not act as agents for the ferry company we provide the service to
the guest we can only make a reservation but you will actually need to purchase the ticket from the counter at the terminal if you dont have a ferry ticket issued.
We are very sorry to see you personal oppinion and feel that the resort is designed for Singaporeans only as we have open doors to all Harris Fans.

Harris Resort Batam

Been to HARRIS Resort Batam Waterfront? Share your experiences!