“Honeymoon package” 4 of 5 stars
Review of HARRIS Resort Batam Waterfront

You added HARRIS Resort Batam Waterfront to your Saves list
HARRIS Resort Batam Waterfront
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   K.H. Ahmad Dahlan Street | Marina Waterfront City, Riau Islands Province 29422, Indonesia   |
Special Price
15% off room rate
Ranked #8 of 75 Hotels in Batam
“Honeymoon package”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2011

Booked the Honeymoon package via five star tour. This was my first trip to Batam with my gf and the experience was pleasant. Once we docked at waterfront city, we were well received by Harris's staffs from the harbour till checking in. We were upgraded to Carbana rooms which I perceived were more spacious than the usual ones, but on the downside, we had mosquitoes for company since these rooms are standalone and nearer to the beach. Not a major setback though.

Do drop by Harris Cafe for a quick bite if you reached early. Hotel breakfast is served till 10 am.

We had a short trip to Mega Mall, which we spent majority of the time in the Family KTV (on the highest level), which was going for about $S6.00/jam for a small room. Once back in Harris, we had a game of bowling (don't forget your socks if you don't wanna pay for unnecessity) before we went for SPA. We kinda enjoyed the SPA session in a hut for only the both of us. We had 45 mins of massage and 30 mins of Jacuzzi session. Dinner was an option between Steamboat or 4 course Candlelight dinner which we chose the latter. Quite a decent meal.

For the ferry back to Singapore, we can choose to book either the 230pm or 430pm slot back. We took the 430pm slot, but in retrospect, we will prefer the 230pm slot as there isn't much to do after checking out and lunch is not cheap in Harris Cafe if you were to leave at 430pm.

Overall, the package is recommended by couple intending for a short vacation.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
General Manager H, General Manager at HARRIS Resort Batam Waterfront, responded to this review, December 30, 2011
Dear Chipsnotcheap,

Sunny greetings from the resort of smiles where all pleasure is fun,

Thank you very much for your nice comments about your honeymoon stay with us
we are glad that your overall stay was an enjoyable one and you had a good time
enjoying all our facilities offered through the honeymoon package.
we thank you also for reccomending the honeymoon package for couples intending to have a
short holiday break with us.

We do hope to have you with us once again in the future,

On behalf of all the Harris Players

Harrisly yours,

Harris Resort Batam

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (165)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2011

Just came back from Harris Resort. Booked thru deal.com and it's own booking site was a breeze. The influx of so many similar deal from batam hotel left spolit for choice but after checking out trip advisor, Harris seems a better choice. The plus point, free massage from the deal was good, the swimming pool is big and the room is acceptable. But watch out for pricing of activity and amenities in the resort. The location is far from town area and shuttle bus to Nagoya Hill Shopping is chargeable at S$10. Communication by staff is poor though they tried to be polite. I enquiry abt the shuttle service beforehand and they did not emphasis on need for registration and the $10 charge and the frequency of transport was not communicate accurate which spolit my plan. In house ala carte food is bland food sold at Singapore hotel prices. Their buffet just barely make it, if FOC no problem but when u need to pay S$15 per pax i suggest u choose their pizza instead. The only good tasting, value for money food on their menu is their pizza, 1 size at $15, good for 8 slice. By the way though the deal did not mentioned city tour, it was incorporated irregarlessly. The city tour is the usual tourist trap and end of the day, the one time free shuttle service to town is now chargeable because u took up their city tour which was not listed in original deal. Trip made by hotel taxi counter to and back from town can be more than S$30.

• Stayed December 2011
Dear Wgws,

Sunny greetings from the resort of smiles where all pleasure is fun,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your review about your stay at our hotel,
We are glad to see that overall your stay was an enjoyable one besides some negative
comments about your booking details of the package and food pricing issues.
I have to say it is the first time we encounter a similar problem as the deal.com is very detailed
on the services offered in the package, we will look into that though as you have mentioned it.
Thank you once again for your comments,

3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2011

Just came back from Harris Batam on 13 Dec 2011( 3 days 2 nite), want to give my feedback as follows:

1) I didn't get my 2 family rooms until 5 plus (batam time). Reasons: Have not packed the room. 5 Adults ( two elderly (78years old) ) and 2 children.

2) My 3rd bed was not given to me until I told them to give me. Towels also must request - give only 2 pcs each room. Short of one Blanket not given, so I used bath towel for 1 nite.

3) Just issue one meal coupon and never stated is for 2 adult and 2 children. Some confusion , so I asked him to follow me to lobby counter to clarify. Later he said I have to top $5 for buffet each which I refused to do so as I was not told in the first place.

4) Facilites and room condition quite run down. Overall, some staff are quite friendly.

5) On the last day, they give 1 pair of slipper for 7 of us. Ha ha.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Dear StacyG,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your comments about your holiday experience with us, sorry for the so late answering but due to new procedures by tripadvisor we could not
do so earlier.
I am sorry to see that so many negative aspects occured as you have mentioned and we will
investigate more on the details of reservation.
Please do drop me an email with more details in person so we can see what really occured during your stay at my email at gm@harris-batam-waterfront.com

melbourne
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2011

This is the best holiday I have ever had in my life. It was a very very short visit 2 days 1 night on the honeymoon package, but the hospitality and service provided to us, impressed us beyond words. This was a surprise anniversary gift for my husband. I did not tell him about the visit or any of the details. When we arrived at the hotel, we were very impressed with the sprawling arena of Harris Resort. In the two days, we could not cover all the activities and all of the buildings. When we checked in at the front desk, we were told that we had to wait for one hr to get the room ready. Thus, my husband and I were just taking some pictures the beautifully decorated Christmas tree when Mr. Ramli approached us. My husband was wondering what was happening when he invited us for coffee at the Harris Café. This was because I had emailed the Harris team on some of the surprises I wanted and they fulfilled all of my wishes beyond expectations.

WE had enjoyable coffee with Mr. Ramli and he spend time with us explaining some of our surroundings, and where we should go for shopping, He even arranged our return ferry booking and bus transfers for our shopping visit. He then fetched us to our room in 10mins, which was just amazing. After hearing so much about the Japanese Suite, I had requested for an upgrade from our standard room. That Suite was just awesome, as per my wishes, they had decorated the bed with flowers spelling the words “Happy Wedding Anniversary”. My husband was dumbfounded, he never expected this. After wishing us, Mr. Ramli left us, informing we had one hour before taking the bus to Noyanya Hill.

The Suite was astounding, it has its own separate dining area, an outside huge Jacuzzi with its own separate toilet. It was simply breathtaking. We were took so many pictures, and forgot the time, when the management called us to inform that the bus to the shopping centre is ready. Haha…their service is humbling. After shopping, we returned to the hotel for our spa session as part of our package.

At the topmost floor of one of their buildings, they had little hut like structure, it was beautiful. I donno why, but it really made a beautiful impression in me. We were fetched to one of them, with two massage beds and a huge bath tub for the both of to take our herbal bath. Those 1.5hrs, really, they really worked out our entire bodies and the bath was nice. Especially, since the sun was just setting down, amazing experience. They also served us ginger and green tea, which my husband fell in love with that he bought some from the sales desk..

After spa, we got ready for the candle light dinner. We opted for the barbeque meal and the food was limited, but very tasty. During the dinner, the Harris team together with their music team surprised my husband with a chocolate cake, and they even sang an anniversary song for the both of us. My husband was raving about the cake and how they the team kept track of our whereabouts and presented us with the cake. It was simply overwhelming for the both of us. Thank you so much Harris Team, we really loved every small detail that you planned and executed for the both of us. I would especially like to thank the Harris Resort GM, Mr. Zois Sanidiotis for arranging our entire day with beautiful surprises.

And the rest of the team that helped him, Mr. Ramli, Ms Uli, Ms Linda, Ms Tiar, Ms Ana at front desk, Mr. Bogie Setiawan for the decorations, Mr. Ahmad Solela, and our guide, Mr. Sholiteh and everyone who sang a beautiful song for us at the candle light dinner.

Really value for money resort and the service is excellent. Thank you so much for everything

Room Tip: Ask for the Japanese Suite:))
Dear Aneshabib,

Sunny greetings from the resort of smiles where all pleasure is Fun,

Thank you very much for your such a positive feedback to be shared with so many people of the travel community.

We are very glad that your anniversary surprise has been so succesfull from start to finish
and you had so many good comments for all the staff that helped to be a great success.
We are so glad to have offered the services at your expectations and beyond, and this shows
the real and true image of Harris players and Harris spirit.
We hope to be able to have you with us again in the near future for another happy occasion.

On behalf of all the Harris Players

Harrissly yours

Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2011

Just came back from my second visit to Harris Batam Resort. The resort provides many different packages that come with different freebies to meet your needs.

The $7 return ferry fee was collected from the BatamFast Ferry Office (Singapore) before we left for Batam. So now you should be paying $27 for the misc ferry charges.

Upon arriving at the Waterfront city terminal, the shuttle bus from Harris was already there. It takes a few minutes to reach the resort from the terminal. The ferry timing from Singapore is quite fixed, so you will reach the resort earlier than the check in time. The resort was able to accomodate early check-in that day.

The good thing about Harris is that their staffs including security guards are all very friendly. They would not turn you down if you need any help and they are quite serious about their job.

What was disappointing to me compared to the last visit was the room. The room I got this time was at the highest level (there's only 5 levels). You either face the sea or the pool. I think the pool will be a better sight as the beach they have is more of a mangrove than an actual beach. Hence there's no beach activities except for the water sports.

Now back to the room... First was the strength of the air-conditioner. Despite setting it at the lowest temperature, the room was still warm throughout. The television/cable reception was very poor. Very distorted image. The shower head was damage and water could not be dispensed properly. Lastly, hand towel and bathroom mat were not provided despite asking for them.

But I notice that the house keeping did a good job in tidying up the room and arranging my stuff neatly. Thumbs up for that.

Harris do provide shuttle bus to Nagoya Hill Shopping Mall and you could get a free ride if it is part of your package. The bus timing for weekdays is quite limited. Only 2 trips if I could remember clearly. You can spend about 3 hours at the shopping mall excluding the travelling time.

This time I went for massage at the highest level of the mall. It's call vivacity. My fiancee did the nailart and manicure while I went for the massage which cost about 90k rp (less than $20) for 60 min. So much cheaper than the ones at Harris.

We had most of our meals in Harris, except for the lunch at A&W (Nagoya). The pizza at Harris is a must try and the set meal which was part of the package was not that impressive compared to the items on the main ala carte menu. Breakfast was simple and not many variety. Quite standard breakfast.

There is another place just located at the entrance of Harris Resort where you go for the water sports. It is like a bar but you could order food and drinks which are slightly cheaper. It's called the Monkey Hut Bar if i'm not wrong. A very nice cozy place where you could chill and watch cable TV there.

The main thing that you could do at the resort is to swim. They got a huge pool there. The space for cycling is quite limited. Other than that you could go for bowling. But I suggest you bring your socks or you have to buy from the counter. The balls and shoes provided are old and in bad condition but good enough to play a simple game of bowling.

Those in huge group could go for the paintball and air gun battleground. Other than that, its more for family and friends gathering rather than for couple.

Room Tip: I suggest you take the low floor as there's only one lift service the block of rooms and it was...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
executive5, General Manager at HARRIS Resort Batam Waterfront, responded to this review, December 9, 2011
Dear Legin Singapore,

Sunny greetings from the resort of smiles where all pleasure is fun,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your holiday experience with other travelers
about your stay at our resort.
We are glad that you give a special mention to all our staff from security guards to front office
who made a special impression of the Friendly Harris image.
We are sorry to see some negative aspects about the room and please drop me an email to
inform me personally about the room you had been allocated in order to rectify all problems.
Further to your mention about the monkey bar hut this area is not under the Harris Management and we do not take any responsibility for the services there good or bad.
Thank you for suggesting also all our facilities at the resort and we do hope to have you with us for a third time visit.

On behalf of all the Harris Players here at the Resort

gm@harris-batam-waterfront.com
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2011

My family of 4 stayed here from Nov 30 to Dec 2. We booked through a local travel agent. We were pleasantly suprised at the great service provided. I guess because it was a weekday, the checkin was fast and we were in our rooms within 20 min of arrival. Stayed at the new wing. Rooms were clean. Only minor thing was the ants but wasn't really a nuisance. The spa was good and we didn't have any problems abt privacy or bad massues. Kudos to therapist Sina. My wife had nothing but good things to say. Overall good stay, the only things we might say was negative are thw facilities maybe need some sprucing up and the food maybe slightly overpriced. Other than that we will definetely be comimh back!

• Stayed November 2011
executive5, General Manager at HARRIS Resort Batam Waterfront, responded to this review, December 2, 2011
Dear Shaiful_Dabonz,

Sunny greetings from the resort of smiles where all pleasure is fun,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your holiday experience with other travellers
and we are so happy that you had such a wonderfull stay with us.
We are glad that you enjoyed our spa and massage with only good things to say about the services.
We thank you also fot r your comments for improvements which are constructive to us and
we are always in constant maintenance of facilities and rooms.

We look forward to having you with us in the near future for another relaxing and enjoyable stay.

On behalf of all the Harris Players at our resort with a big smile,

2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2011

We booked our weekend at Batam because it's a close getaway from singapore and traveling with 2 young children. The Harris Waterfront hotel is OLD, we were greeted with slight haste at the front desk - sadly they had only 2 duty personnel at 4pm and ONE was busy while the other serving us was clueless. We were transferred from Harris Batam Centre on request as Waterfront had more facilities for our children. As our room/transfer was acknowledge since 1noon, I would assume when we reach Harris Resort (waterfront/Marina - it seems to have many names/titles amongst it's own staffers) at 4pm the room would had been ready.

After waiting for clarifications and etc... we were given a room at the new wing - TRENDY. ground level with pool excess. I was excited and happy for my kids!! Wow... the room, nice, spacious and comes with a bath tub but the air conditioning was not working and the pool excess didn't have steps but a ledge knee high! We changed our room that very night as the air conditioning was not working. Was given a different room at level 4, air conditioning was great and all was in working condition, sea view instead of pool.

TIPS:
Shuttle service? there is none unless paid for at the HOTEL.
Taxi is abundance of coz at a nice price.
We hired a driver for a day, which was $50SGD - the asking is $120 at hotel (as mentioned by the taxi man). The agreed plan was pick up at 11am, batam centre shopping, Nagoya shopping, back hotel at noon, sunset lookout and Goldren Prawn for dinner. Our driver picked us at the hotel 11am, which i asked for the days schedule, reminding him we need to be back at hotel by noon for my young children to rest. He then changed to mentioned we need to pay extra $30SGD if we will be going out again after returning to the hotel. Well well.... blame it on my miscommunication. The driver is from the taxi counter outside the hotel lobby. Do plan your day and not plan the NEXT day as many things can change with "hearsay" in all we paid $45 from 11am till 3pm.

there's a korean restauran, food is good. serving is generously given. priced for 2adults and 2kids dinner was $61

My child enjoyed the Dino kids club, there is few activities daily and my 5yr old joined the pizza making $10SGD and we had a nice pizza for tea :)! there's Fishing, dough making, finger painting..opens from 9am till 5pm

I personally tried the Reflexology and thumbs up!! $17 per hour, it was a good relaxing session.

There's also a bowling alley, children above 10yrs old only as bowling ball weight lightest is 8pounds. The place was overall rowdy, many locals and staffers were enjoying games and playing pool in the same premises.

WIFI
well, it says every corner of the resort has wifi but our room did not, you either have to leave the door open or sit at the door for WIFI! funny, everywhere but the room we stayed!

On our last day we had a rude shock, there was a water cut to the room and we weren't informed. My 5yr old was in the shower with full shampoo hair and water just stop! after calling front desk, they provided us with an alternative bath but not after my daughter had to walk to a different block with dripping shampoo in a towel. At least paste or notify with a NOTE to the rooms affected, it was a duration of 3hours. water was back after 40mins all murky and brown.

there's many aspect the resort can look into, staff are friendly and nice - great job. overall i think the place is really run-down and it offers nothing extra.

Room Tip: choose the higher level and sea facing - it's more worth the stay!
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
executive5, General Manager at HARRIS Resort Batam Waterfront, responded to this review, December 8, 2011
Dear Carolchalker,

Sunny greetings from the resort of smiles where all pleasure is fun,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your comments on the tripadvisors page.
We are glad that your overall stay of three days two nights was overall a good one and that
your children had a good time in our swimming pool, the Childrens club with our famous Dino
and that they have so proudly offered you the pizza they make by themselves for Tea time.
Further to some of the negative feedback mentioned we would like to thank you for bringing it
up to us and we will investigate further to correct all problems in the areas you have mentioned.
Please allow me to explain that the water cut and efforts to fix the problem the soonest possible
was not a scheduled maintenance but an unpredictable pipe breakage that did not give us enough time to alert everyone.
We are sorry for the inconvinience caused at the time but was not intentional and even we informed that the damage would take three hours to fix was done within the 40 minutes as you described.

Thank you once again for choosing our resort for your holidays,

Harris Resort Batam

Been to HARRIS Resort Batam Waterfront? Share your experiences!