We booked our weekend at Batam because it's a close getaway from singapore and traveling with 2 young children. The Harris Waterfront hotel is OLD, we were greeted with slight haste at the front desk - sadly they had only 2 duty personnel at 4pm and ONE was busy while the other serving us was clueless. We were transferred from Harris Batam Centre on request as Waterfront had more facilities for our children. As our room/transfer was acknowledge since 1noon, I would assume when we reach Harris Resort (waterfront/Marina - it seems to have many names/titles amongst it's own staffers) at 4pm the room would had been ready.
After waiting for clarifications and etc... we were given a room at the new wing - TRENDY. ground level with pool excess. I was excited and happy for my kids!! Wow... the room, nice, spacious and comes with a bath tub but the air conditioning was not working and the pool excess didn't have steps but a ledge knee high! We changed our room that very night as the air conditioning was not working. Was given a different room at level 4, air conditioning was great and all was in working condition, sea view instead of pool.
Shuttle service? there is none unless paid for at the HOTEL.
Taxi is abundance of coz at a nice price.
We hired a driver for a day, which was $50SGD - the asking is $120 at hotel (as mentioned by the taxi man). The agreed plan was pick up at 11am, batam centre shopping, Nagoya shopping, back hotel at noon, sunset lookout and Goldren Prawn for dinner. Our driver picked us at the hotel 11am, which i asked for the days schedule, reminding him we need to be back at hotel by noon for my young children to rest. He then changed to mentioned we need to pay extra $30SGD if we will be going out again after returning to the hotel. Well well.... blame it on my miscommunication. The driver is from the taxi counter outside the hotel lobby. Do plan your day and not plan the NEXT day as many things can change with "hearsay" in all we paid $45 from 11am till 3pm.
there's a korean restauran, food is good. serving is generously given. priced for 2adults and 2kids dinner was $61
My child enjoyed the Dino kids club, there is few activities daily and my 5yr old joined the pizza making $10SGD and we had a nice pizza for tea :)! there's Fishing, dough making, finger painting..opens from 9am till 5pm
I personally tried the Reflexology and thumbs up!! $17 per hour, it was a good relaxing session.
There's also a bowling alley, children above 10yrs old only as bowling ball weight lightest is 8pounds. The place was overall rowdy, many locals and staffers were enjoying games and playing pool in the same premises.
well, it says every corner of the resort has wifi but our room did not, you either have to leave the door open or sit at the door for WIFI! funny, everywhere but the room we stayed!
On our last day we had a rude shock, there was a water cut to the room and we weren't informed. My 5yr old was in the shower with full shampoo hair and water just stop! after calling front desk, they provided us with an alternative bath but not after my daughter had to walk to a different block with dripping shampoo in a towel. At least paste or notify with a NOTE to the rooms affected, it was a duration of 3hours. water was back after 40mins all murky and brown.
there's many aspect the resort can look into, staff are friendly and nice - great job. overall i think the place is really run-down and it offers nothing extra.
- Also Known As:
- Harris Resort Batam Waterfront Hotel Batam
- Harris Resort Batam Waterfront Hotel
- Batam Harris Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A friendly resort facing the strait of Singapore and the sea view with spacious accommodation and giant free form swimming pool. Strategic destination and a perfect vacation spot for couples, families or business purposes. With 315 rooms and suites including 20 cabanas, this hotel has the largest number of room provided in Funky and Trendy Wing.Harris Funky will cater the needs of your most discerning family member while easily keeping the whole group occupied and satisfied. Harris Trendy has the newest and trendiest all inclusive concepts, reserved exclusively for couples and singles over 18 years old of age. Asia’s one of its kind, an all inclusive concept welcomes couples and singles to experience carefree days and endless irresistible nights in Batam. The over 18, adults-only atmosphere allows event the most conventional of guest to throw caution-to-the-wind and experience life like never before. Located just 40 minutes away from Harbourfront Center Singapore, Harris Resort Batam try to persuade its guests to linger with a plethora of water sports & indoor entertainment in the form of a ten-lane bowling alley, Squash & billiards, Go kart, Flying Fox or sea sport activities. Soothe the muscles with one of our treatments at the spa, foot reflexology facilities or head to the giant free-form pool. The H-Spa an oasis of calm and serenity with breathtaking sea views and sunset in the afternoon, provide Harris Fans with a haven to luxuriate and pamper themselves with a selection of Body and Facial treatments masterfully executed by highly trained therapists. Five outlets to ease hunger pains are available by providing Indonesian, Asian and Western cuisines. Harris Cafe, which is located at 1st floor with opening hours from 06:00 am – 11:00 pm, serving Indonesian, Asian and Western food. Pronto Pizzeria, an al fresco pizzeria, presenting a wide variety of authentic freshly baked Italian wooden oven pizzas, open daily from 10:00 am – 11:00 pm. Harris Grill, located at the sea side serving European dishes, opens daily 07:00 – 11:00 p.m. D’Cafe, presenting a wide variety of Coffee, Frappe and Teas. Not only that, but you also can have your favorite healthy fresh fruit juice from our menu. Open daily from 11:00 am – 11:00 pm. D’Bar, a place where you can enjoy your drinks with live honey home entertainment. Variety of alcoholic beverages such as beers, wines, liquers are available for you. Opening hours from 06:00 pm – 01:00 amA range of meeting room size is ready to accommodate 20 – 400 persons with high technology facilities in both buildings.Whether you come for business or leisure, Harris Resort Batam is one choice that you will never regret to make. Come, enjoy and experience the friendliest hospitality in the island. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, HostelWorld, Agoda, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Booking.com and Venere so you can book your HARRIS Resort Batam Waterfront reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.