“Family orientated resort.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of HARRIS Resort Batam Waterfront

You added HARRIS Resort Batam Waterfront to your Saves list
HARRIS Resort Batam Waterfront
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   K.H. Ahmad Dahlan Street | Marina Waterfront City, Riau Islands Province 29422, Indonesia   |
Offers & Announcements
15% off room rate
Ranked #8 of 76 Hotels in Batam
“Family orientated resort.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2011 via mobile

Got a deal for 3d2n online. Loved the large pool with different types of seats to lounge on. So comfortable. Spent most of my time by the pool. There were many activities to do too. Sea sports, bowling, spa, etc. But tried only bowling because we had a voucher for it. Wanted to try out their h spa due to the recommendations but the price was SO SO ex!!! Many other spa and massage places in batam that are good and cheap. I recommend sport massage centre which is located near the city. S$30-40 for an amazing 3 hours of massage. Milk baths. Body scrub. And they don't ask for tips. Very clean and serene atmosphere. What I enjoyed most abt this hotel is the food in h cafe. Ordered their prawn cream pasta and fusty crab pizza. The price was slightly ex like s$15-18. But didn't bother abt the price after tasting the food. Really recommend it!!! My friend had the traditional beef stew at s$18 and the portion was HUGE!! Never seen such a generous portion before!! And the meat was really nice!!

• Stayed August 2011
executive5, General Manager at HARRIS Resort Batam Waterfront, responded to this review, August 6, 2011
Dear MangCheng,

Greetings from the resort of smiles,
I would like to thank you for your report and for sharing your opinion with other potential travelers. We are glad that you overall enjoyed your stay with us and mainly that you praize
the food quality and our Food and Beverage team.
We are indeed a family oriented resort and we try to please in all aspects families and especially children. What concerns your comment about the spa and massage treatments
pricing we have trained staff and spa facilities and cannot be compared with services offered outside the hotel.
We hope thouhg to have you as a repeat guest of ours in the near future

Harris Resort Waterfront Batam

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (151)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Kalibo, Philippines
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2011

We got a package deal from all deals asia that includes ferry, overnight hotel accommodation at harris with breakfast and 1 hour massage at H-spa.

We arrived Batam around 11:20AM, as soon as we got out of the port, we immediately board on the Harris Resort Van and after a 5-minute travel we reached the resort. The lobby was filled with so many guests - some checking in while others checking out. I have to line up to get to the front desk. While lining up, staffs are busy distributing cookies, welcome drinks and fresh towels. Check-in was quick as front desk people are really efficient. Our room was on the trendy wing, the only complaint i have is the toilet. Not properly cleaned. Sink had stains which can be removed by thorough cleaning, as well as shower drain have hairs left by previous guests.

It was a weekend so the hotel was really very busy. On our first day, there was a family reunion activity and the following day another company's family day, so the resort was really noisy in daytime. They offer a shuttle to Nagoya Mall (30 minutes away from the hotel).

In the evening we availed our 1-hour indonesian massage at H-spa. You have to book this early to get the time slot that you want. H spa is located on the 3rd or 4th floor and there was no escalator nor elevator. A good exercise though. I liked the ambiance and the privacy inside the massage huts on the rooftop. Me and my husband got a couple's room. The massage was good. Our complaints goes to the therapists. They were very noisy. We were used to having a relaxing and quiet moment while getting a massage.The 2 therapists kept asking questions about us, our work, etc. In as much as I am a civilized person, I respond to their querries and later just pretended to have fallen asleep hoping they would stop. When they thought we were asleep, they started talking to each other in Bahasa Indonesian language! I really don't mind if they were talking about us, its the noise that's stressing me out. At one point, one therapist kept sharing how meager her salary is, how poor they are and blah blah. The massage was supposed to be a good one but i got stressed out. After the massage, the 2 therapists was obviously waiting for our tip. And since I got disappointed already, I gave a small tip (they don't even deserve a tip).Obviously, the 2 therapists were not pleased with the tip. Never said thank you and left us without saying anything!

Overall, Harris Resort was a good place for a weekend getaway. Hotel staffs are warm and friendly. Nevertheless, we enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
executive5, General Manager at HARRIS Resort Batam Waterfront, responded to this review, August 7, 2011
Dear Talisker1227

Sunny Greetings from the resort of smiles from Batam island,

I would like to thank you for your nice comments and the description of the busy atmosphere
of the hotel. I also like to thank you for the nice comments of the politness and efficiency of our staff and the most constructive critisism for the SPA and massage treatments. We will certainly check into the matter and rest assured that for your next stay we will try to give an even
better service.
Thank you and hope to have you with us again.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2011

I went on this trip with a girlfriend of mine. We took up the Harris Rejuvenate Package. Arrived there at 1210hrs and the friendly staff was there to pick all of us up.
Upon arrival, we did the check-in and was upgraded to Harris Cabana.
The room was spacious and I really love the bathroom.. Open concept and the translucent plastic rooftop provide nature lighting to the bathroom.
The bed (came with the net) was nice and comfy.
it was raining in the night, as the room was facing the sea, the nature wind blow in and fill the room with the sea water smell. plus the splattering sound of the rain hitting the plastic roof - it really help us to sleep even better!

I was quite surprised that they provided us with a can of insecticide spray and those plug-in mosquito repellent.

The only thing that was negative was that our bathtub's shower was not working, had to make do with the tap from the bathtub.

We went for our 3hrs spa session at 2pm.. The environment was quite nice. The little hut looked quite relaxing. We were given a couple room, the massage was not the best I had before. The two masseurs were talking throughout the session. We were supposed to have a "milk bath" but seem like they had given us a detergent powder bath instead. Of course I cannot be sure, but it does smell like detergent powder and our skin felt quite dry after that.

We had a SGD15 buffet dinner in-house.. food is alright, a bit oily though, but the sambal chili was nice..

Overall I am quite satisfied with the room and the ambience, but not the massage session.

Room Tip: Try the Cabana Room!
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
executive5, General Manager at HARRIS Resort Batam Waterfront, responded to this review, July 31, 2011
Dear Yionaris,

Sunny greetings from the resort of smiles,
We would like to thank you for your nice comments for our property,
we are glad that you really enjoyed your stay with us in the Harris Cabanas.
We have taken note all of your comments and we will certainly pass them on to our
staff in order to improve our services offered to you.
Please note that you can always contact our reception staff during your stay with us if you
have a problem in the room and it will be certainly fixed straight away.

Looking forward to having you with us once again

Harris Resort Batam
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2011

This is the first time me and my girlfriend went to Harris Resort. We got it through deals... Before going there, heard from many friends the people there are friendly, nice, and worth to go.
Its indeed true. On the day we reach we were warmthly welcome with welcome drinks and towel and even greeted by the staffs... The staffs there are very polite, helpful compare to other resort i've been so far... every where we walk around the area, we were greeted everytime we met the staffs... they will say good morning, afternoon or evening sir/mdm... They can even ask how are you sir, how's the night stay.... imagine you felt you are so welcome by them....
The food is not bad... .Flusty Crab Pizza.... its a must eat over there... crispy crust, cheesy chees, yummy.... we had it twice on 2 days.
In summary, Harris Resort is a nice place to relax... if you think of a place to just relax and nothing else... Harris Resort is the place... Will want go back again.... :) Even my girlfriend who is quite particular also thumbs up....

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
executive5, General Manager at HARRIS Resort Batam Waterfront, responded to this review, August 8, 2011
Dear 294265 David,

Greetings from the resort of smiles on the island of Batam,
We are so glad reading your report that we have lived up to your expextations
and did not fail to deliver the service promissed by Harris Hotels and Resort.
Thank you for complimenting the courtesy of our staff and the welcoming feeling
we all promote at the Harris Hotels.
We will be more than happy to have you with us again and your girlfriend of course...
for another happy smiling and relaxing holiday

4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2011

The resort is perfect for a short weekend getaway. The candle light Buffet by the pool is the best part of all the attraction. You can relax at the pool, go to the Spa.

Do not forget to try your hand at bowling and some of the water sports if water sports appeal to you. There is a kids club and kids can try activities like fishing, pizza making etc.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
executive5, General Manager at HARRIS Resort Batam Waterfront, responded to this review, July 29, 2011
Dear Valued Guest,
Sunny Greetings from the Resort of Smiles.
Thank you so much for your excellent comments and thank you for taking your valuable time to express it at the social media.
Harris Resort Batam is a Kingdom for both Families with Kids and also for Couples or Singles, as they are two separate buildings to catered both segments the Funky for families with Children and the Trendy for Couples and Singles.
Once again thank you so much for your positive review and looking forward welcoming You back at the Resort of Smiles really soon.
Stylianos Koureas
General manager
gm@harris-batam.com
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2011

Not a place to enjoy the beach,. There is NO beach. If you just wanna a convenient stay to rest after a game of golf. Great.

Otherwise - I still Batam hotels are still over-used and poor maintained.
Restaurant food is ok -

Again I am being fair, I paid for a budget++ range (not cheap, not expensive either) and I need to reset my expectations.

I also went during the peak of the summar June vacation and the place is packed with family and kids

Room Tip: The rooms are generally spacious. So no need to ask for special rooms
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest,
Sunny Greetings from the Reosrt of Smiles.
Thank you so much for your genuine feedback which is well appreciated.
Indeed Harris Resort Batam is a simple, unique and friendly Resort for relaxation and Spa.
Thank you so much for praising our food and also the rooms which indeed are very spacious.
Looking forward welcoming You back once again to the Harris Resort Batam
Fondest Regards
Stylianos Koureas
gm@harris-batam.com
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2011 via mobile

I bought this holiday deal from deal.com.sg. I initially heard from ppl that Harris wasn't a bad idea. when I researched for the the resort the website itself looks promising, and looking at the reviews here, it kinda made me excited to go.

The deal cost me $69 not Inc of $27 fuel & tax. It's for 2D1N inc of 60mins traditional spa, shuttle to nagoya shopping centre and complimentary bowling.

Here listeners, going there you can use SGD so if you lazy to convert it doesn't really matter, but if you would like to do so, changed it in Singapore as the rate there its lesser. Otherwise be it SGD or RUPIAH, they will still overcharged you, as you are a Singaporean so the assumption is there.

The hotel was not so bad, lobby non-aircon so it can get pretty hot there while queue among the crowd, reception staff was friendly, but there was an issue when I came, as I booked 5 rooms of twins beds, and even had a confirmation slip, they told me that they only have 1 king bed each room as the twins were booked by other groups, well we managed to argue and get our desired rooms, at the old trendy wing. It was spacious, with bathtub. Mine was facing the pool, so it was quite nice view and to chillax at the spacious balcony, if you come in group be sure to ask if you could have the room side by side as the doors in the room can be open and get connected. The channels were
great as the varieties are alot to choose from.

The shuttle from waterfront city to Harris takes less than 5mins.

The area is so desserted so to get to the town area can be quite pricey, pls get a harris staff to assist you in booking, do not trust anyone else that might be standing at the taxi booth. It cost me SGD$40 for 30 mins ride to and from golden prawn 933 bengkong. Upon checking in they will issue you a taxi and other activities prices guide list. It is important to read! I realized hw I was stupidly fooled by dealing with taxi driver myself.

The spa itself was a so so, not bad, because I was late for 20 Mins so enjoyed 40mins of massage, unsatisfied , I paid discounted price of SGD50 for 90mins massage the very next morning. Don't bother trying out their jacuzzi, and sauna. Totally a run down, the jaccuzi has mould that its so obvious I cant step my foot in. They do have shower room that has dripping water, I'm not kidding, I wanted to wet myself for the sauna but I was greeted with drips of water.. It was funny. Probably they didn't switched it on, which they should knowing we are there. Oh well shrugs. We even joke should we just drenched ourselves in the pouring rain at that point of time. So we sat like for 10mins inside and left.

And Pls do listen up, don't bother trying out 933 golden prawn, they are such a ripped off. We ordered cereal prawns, salted egg crab, kangkong, and tofu. They wanted us to order 10 plates of rice which supposed to be free flow but $1 for a plate? That's ridiculous so we tried negotiating 5 plates for 10 person and so we got it. The prawns was a disappointment, they gives shrimps with mixed of normal size prawns.. The price of the crab we paid is equivalent to Sri Lanka crab in Singapore but they served me flower crabs instead. The crab was like a big version of soft shell crab, you can literally eat the crab shell itself. On the whole it wasn't worth the trip. The staff were very unfriendly too!!

Nagoya shopping centre a place that is like going to a heartlander mall, nothing fantastic, do not try A&W. I know Singapore we do have that but it's just not worth trying.

Ok here's the tip, if you would like to enjoy a family time or short breakaway and not shopping, yes Harris is not bad. Just go there check in, swim, massage, eat in the hotel, or you can go walk less than 3 mins outside of harris and try their fried rice for SGD2.50.

Oh ya, the taxi drivers drives fast. So beware, some parts of their roads doesn't come with lights, so it can get thrilling =)

If you like shopping, get a hotel located at batam centre. There you do not have to waste taxi fares.

So overall, I guess I hope I shed some light on Batam. I guess it's better to go Malaysia, cheaper and better =)

• Stayed June 2011
executive5, General Manager at HARRIS Resort Batam Waterfront, responded to this review, August 13, 2011
Dear SGD1987

Happy greetings from the resort of smiles, we would like to thank you for your
nice comments about the hotel and the facilities offered. If i gather quite good you did not
like your stay at the island in general and not particularly of our services.
We are glad that you are recommending our property for a nice weekend getaway but
we beleive that the title of your report does not match the content of your comments as the
title immediately reflects on our Hotel and not the general view of your holiday.
I beleive there is a section on Tripadvisor you can write your general comments about the location it self.
Thank you once again and we hope to have the opportunity to have you with us again on a lazy
weekend around our giant pool.

Harris Resort Waterfront Batam

Been to HARRIS Resort Batam Waterfront? Share your experiences!