“We love Harris Batam!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of HARRIS Resort Batam Waterfront

You added HARRIS Resort Batam Waterfront to your Saves list
HARRIS Resort Batam Waterfront
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   K.H. Ahmad Dahlan Street | Marina Waterfront City, Riau Islands Province 29422, Indonesia   |
Special Price
20% off room rate
Ranked #6 of 78 Hotels in Batam
Singapore
“We love Harris Batam!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2011

i was planning a getaway trip from 22nd to 24th May with my girlfriend Grace and we both were equally excited about this trip. After reading the reviews on Facebook and through friends recommendation, i have no doubt towards my choice of resort - Harris Batam Resort.

We arrived around Batam timing 9.20am, upon the arrival we were warmly welcomed by a friendly staff from Harris and ushered both of us into the mini bus to the resort.

initially we were having a thought how come no air con in the bus ? Before we can further discuss on this issue, it was resolved upon reaching the resort in less than a min ^.^ Both of us were very delighted as it's so near to the ferry terminal , so convenient!

Upon alighting the mini bus , i am truly thankful for a refill of welcome drink that taste like ribena and cool refreshing towel on a very bright hot day. We were greeted warmly by the staffs and was led to the lobby.

While we were in the queue waiting to be attended by the friendly receptionist, a chirpy man appeared with a large bottle of pandan cookies.

We were offered cookies and my girlfriend picked one and we shared. That was the very 1st time we met Mr Stylianos Koureas, yes this gentleman is the BEST GM acknowledged by many guests whom had stayed in Harris. (Please see attached image ) You are well deserved to be the BEST GM and indeed his service and hospitality make us craving for another return soon to Harris!

i would like to specially thanks Mr Vincent Gunawan , the project manager of HSPA for creating this wonderful spa area for the guests in Harris. its a MUST try facilities for both genders be it the jacuzzi, couple spas and massage. it is the World Luxury Award Spa Winners 2011 ! Totally agreed! Especially the excellent massage and spa services by Walti and Asri. The arrangement was smooth and we really managed to get a relax massage thru their professionalism.

Towards the vicinity of the HSPA, we were fully surrounded by the serenity of the design and deco. ( please see attached images)

Thanks for the amazing service rendered in the restaurant, spas, bowling center etc.
it was definitely worth coming back again as its so near to Singapore from Sekupang Terminal 35mins.

Guys, ladies you will not be disappointed with the food and the hotel cleanliness etc.

Cheers!! Big thanks to Mr Stylianos and the staffs of Harris, we hope to see more facilities in months to come.

For those whom had not try this resort, please do so as its definitely worth your attempt and surprise.

Alloiscius Tan

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
executive5, General Manager at HARRIS Resort Batam Waterfront, responded to this review, June 12, 2011
Sunny Greetings from Harris Resort Batam
We are delighted with your excellent comments and we are so happy that you had a memorable stay at the Resort.
Looking forward welcoming You back again very soon.
Fondest Regards
Stylianos Koureas

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (174)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2011

- Excellent service: Check-in was quick and efficient despite it being a high volume weekend. Warm hospitality from the staff and GM, who was often seen walking around helping guests and also came up to us personally asking if we were enjoying our stay.

- Room: Decent for the price, clean, air-con was a bit noisy but it didn't really bother me.

- Food: SG prices considering majority of guests are from S'pore. Pizza at the cafe was good but breakfast quality could be improved.

- Activities: The resort provides lots of water activities like jetski, para-sailing etc, though I didn't see many people doing them. Beach wasn't in the best condition due to the rain the previous day. Most popular activities are spa, bowling, pool. Go-kart and cable ski activities are near the resort too.

Overall, I had a pleasant weekend getaway in Harris and the resort would be my first choice when I return :)

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
executive5, General Manager at HARRIS Resort Batam Waterfront, responded to this review, May 24, 2011
Sunny Greetings from Harris Resort Batam
We would like to thank you so much for your honest review and we are so glad that you had enjoyed your stay with us.
We have well noted the small hiccups that you have encountered during your stay and we are going to take immediate action.
Looking forward welcoming You back to Harris soon.
harrisly Yours
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2011

As a beach resort, there was minimal sea view. Most of the sea view was obstructed by trees. There was no sandy beach, just rocky shore. Definitely not a place to enjoy the beauty of the ocean.

For a resort with much facilities available, it was quite disappointing that most of the resources are not being used by the visitors. There was hardly a soul in the gym, paintball range, airgun range etc... cafes are usually empty too. I only saw people the bowling lanes as well as the swimming pool. There were people doing spa there as well. I am not sure if the dates which i stayed where off peak or not. But the lack of people using the facilities indeed does leave a bad impression on me. It is just natural instinct to feel this way i guess.

breakfast was bad. quantity without quality. The food was tasteless and unappetizing. The chef can't cook. as an example, the nasi lemak rice does not taste like it has been cooked with coconut, and the ikan bilis and koropok was not crispy. The best i could find on the breakfast table was toast bread.

however, the staff service was excellent. all of them will greet you when they see you walking past. I would also like to praise their front reception staff for their all their effort to make my stay enjoyable.

despite the friendliness of the staff, more can be done to improve the service.

Firstly, DO NOT collect laundry at 7am! I woke up at 7am with a shock when a guy entered my room. Apparently he knocked but we did not open the door as we were still asleep, so he open the door and asked if we would like to do our laundry. This is absolutely ridiculous! why would you collect your laundry at 7am when most of the guest are still asleep?? I felt very insecure and uncomfortable with it but i did not report to the reception as no damage was done.

second, DO try to obtain a list of guest who will be taking the shuttle bus back from nagoya hills. We were late for approximately 5 minutes but the bus did not wait. We had to take a taxi back to the hotel in the end. It was definitely our fault that we were late, but i believe that our stay with harris would have been a better experience should the bus had waited for us.

I hope this honest review will provide a better insight to the hotel.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
executive5, General Manager at HARRIS Resort Batam Waterfront, responded to this review, May 23, 2011
Sunny Greetings from Harris Resort Batam
Thank you so much for your constructive comments.
First of all we do not advertise ourselves as a Beach Resort but as a Resort, meaning we are not proud of our beach as Batam Island is not having beaches like Phuket or Krabi.
We are a simple , unique and friendly Resort and we do not rate ourselves but our Guests rate our Resort following their experience with us.
We have well noted your breakfast comments and we will try to improve it accordingly.
The laundry issue has been investigated and our staff has knocked your door for laundry by mistake. We do not disturb our guest for laundry collection but laundry collection only happens for our Long stay Guests daily.
As far as the shuttle to downtown we are very sorry not to wait for You as we have to respect 40 more guests that are waiting in the bus.
Once again thank you so much for your valuable feedback that really make us motivated to be improved.
General manager
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2011

My family & I have been to Harris Resort Batam many times and we never felt bored. In fact this is our 6th time there. My boys love this resort because they enjoyed most of the activities that the resort has planned. The staffs of Harris Batam are friendly and helpful. They even played games with my boys like badmintons and ping pong and taught them how to make pizza, do batik painting and fishing. This is great coz my husband & I can have some rest and at the same time my boys get to learn something even when they are on holidays ....

On another occasion, my brother and his family held a birthday celebration at one of the restaurant in Harris and the staffs suddenly came in with a cake and some utensils to perform the birthday song for my niece. It was amazing... We had so much fun...

Overall the rooms are clean and comfortable, especially the Japanese room, it is fantastic. It has a big Jacuzzi in it and my husband & the boys had such a great time.

If you enjoy spa, please try the 3 hour Rejuvenating spa package. It include a full body scrub, 1 hour massage & milk or herb bath... You can even ask for a couple's room. The only setback is the bath tub is a bit too small for 2 persons to soak in the bath and sometimes the water can be cold especially at night.

This resort is really value for money and I always recommend my friends to go there. So far all the feedback from them were good.

Well done Harris!!!!!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2011

Dear Mr Stylianos,

My heartfelt appreciation to you and your staff for making my stay at Harris an unforgettable one. My girlfriend and I stayed at Harris from 13 May - 15 May 2011 and it is once again proven that Harris Resort really care for their customer. You were able to accomodate to all my request and make our stay a pleasant one.

Once again, thank you to you and your staff.

P.S. I have succeeded in proposing to my girlfriend and she has agreed to my proposal. Thank you for decorating my room, thus contributing to my proposal success.

Johor Bahru, Malaysia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2011

Haris Resort Batam Island is a very well run hotel with staff that any hotel anywhere in the world would happily employ. The Management at this hotel have customer service down to a T. It is exceptional, the staff members whenever they pass a guest anywhere on the resort always say hello and enquire that everything is OK.
The Hotel itself if well kept and a great place to go and spend a few days, either lazing by the pool or using some of the many facilities or the very nice spa or even try some of the variety of water sports on offer.
So it's all good then?
Well providing you don't go outside the resort or wish to sit on the beach then yes it's all good.
The fact is though Batam is a very unattractive island that really is lacking in much to do, the shopping experience is substandard regardless of the claims that it's the new Orchard Road (Singapores famous shopping street) it's not even close, far from it.
The other issue I have actually is with the Harris Resort itself, the cost of it's spa treatments is at the same level as those in Singapore, which is understandable as a massive percentage of visitors come from Singapore, but this is Indonesia and those prices are way to high for me to consider playing them, I know that Malaysia or Thailand can offer the same or more for much less.
The Harris Resort is an Island of pleasure surrounded by very little of interest.
All that being said, if all you want to do is take you and the kids to a very nice, well run hotel and play around a very nice, very clean swimming pool under a hot sunshine, eat at the good selection of food places in the resort and not go outside the resort. Then you will have a great time.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
executive5, General Manager at HARRIS Resort Batam Waterfront, responded to this review, May 19, 2011
Dear Valued Guest ,
Sunny Greetings from the Harris Resort Batam
Thank you so much for staying with us and we are so glad that you had enjoyed the Resort and the services rendered.
So sorry to hear that you had not enjoyed the island of Batam as a whole. Indeed Batam is not Bali, but just a very close getaway from Singapore.
Concerning the Spa pricing I will have a close look at it personally.
Once again , thank you so much for your very kind feedback.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2011

It was my first time to Harris Resort Batam and i am extremely pleased with the service, facilities and activities provided by the resort. This is definitely the fruit of strong leadership qualities in the General Manager Mr Stylianos.

On a down side, I've to say that the Paintball price is way too expensive. Hopefully something can be down about it.

Other than that, everything is almost perfect, Keep up the good work!!

Room Tip: everything is good!