“Terrible Service at Spices Restaurant. Disappointed.” 2 of 5 stars

You added Panorama Regency Hotel to your Saves list
Panorama Regency Hotel
Komplek Panorama Nagoya, Riau Islands Province 29432, Indonesia   |
Ranked #35 of 71 Hotels in Batam
“Terrible Service at Spices Restaurant. Disappointed.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012 via mobile

Just got back from this hotel for 3 days 2 nights from 29 to 31 December 2012. Booked thro their website for Executive Floor with Extra bed with breakfast as there's 4 of us. My mom, my hubby, my 1 year old son and myself.

We booked this room because it stated free one set laundry service,free newspaper, free drinks during cocktail hours in the evening, trouser press, private check in and check out, free massage and few others service with inclusions Welcome Drinks.
But what we got was only free massage. When my hubby requested for newspaper to be delivered to our room through our stay. Putri at the reception who served us during our check in. A day before, my hubby called the hotel to ensure that all these services we will be getting. Even a lady who answered our confirmation call said that we will be escorted to level 14 for Private Check In but end up our check in was done at the Ground floor servers by Putri. When asked abt the services we were entitled to receive, she said her computer system only stated that we could only get free massage. That's All. We were very disappointed. Is this what we get from them for booking their Regency Club?

Not only that, on our 2nd day breakfast, we went to the Spices Restaurant on the Ground floor. I saw a waiter serving omelette to hotel guests from the Omelette Station so I've ordered 3 omelettes and after 5 mins, I went to take some fried noodle... As I was scooping the fried noodle, to my shocked, the staff at the Omelette Station called me loudy infront of other guests to collect my omelettes despite seeing me holding a platewith fried noodle. Why was I being served for the Omelettes???

The WORST thing of all that I won't forget was a lady staff at Spices Restaurant on the Ground Floor who was on duty checking the Hotel Guests' coupon ' for confirmation of our breakfast greeted a Formal Dressed Man, a Manager ( I supposed ) and after abt 5 - 10 mins, the lady staff came over to our breakfast table and TOOK a cup and a saucer which were unused by us and ONLY said ' Ma'am, I take this ' after I looked at her. So I looked what she's trying to do with the cup and the saucer, TO MY SHOCKED!!! She used the cup and saucer to serve the Formal Dressed Man ( whom I supposed her Manager ) who just sat next to our breakfast table. Isn't we as a Guest important to them and should treat us professionally and with courtesy? Even they don't even bother to clear our used plates on our table despite seeing the stacks of plates.

It would be great to hear the explanation from their Management regarding this matter as upon checking out, I saw the screen hanging on top of the Ground Floor of the Reception area stated to leave a comment on Trip Advisor website so here I am giving my comment abt the Hotel.

• Stayed December 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
  • Indonesian first
Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012 via mobile

I went to Batam for a short getaway with hubby to celebrate my birthday in November.

It rained when we came. Service at the front desk was rather swift. We made out own way to the hotel room unescorted.

Happy with the fact that the room is clean and comfy. Roomy bathroom with a decent bathtub.

The hotel comes with gym sauna and swimming pool which is ok. The hotel building looks a little weathered though.

Breakfast and dinner was provided during my stay and I cannot complain much except that the concierge seems disorganized.

Location is great. Facing the nearby night market which has a spread of great street food and cheap shopping.

I can say this hotel is better than average.

Breakfast and dinner provided is great.

• Stayed November 2011
Singapore, Singapore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

went there for a short stay recently and found that they have changed the beds and other fittings in the room. The table tops and cabinets were polished with a new layer of glaze (unsure what the term is) and the things in the hotel room looks antique but newly replaced.

There is no unpleasant smell in the rooms, however, the hotel is relatively run down. Its good for a short stay.

The breakfast served are of average taste. IF you are looking for good food, then this place is not for you.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Singapore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2011

Check-in & out was a breeze. The hotel lobby looks nice but kinda old. The room is clean except for the carpet. There's alot of black stains on the carpet but we cant be bothered by it The bed is very comfortable and room smells good too. The bathroom is spacious and clean as well. The staff is very friendly, can speak simple english & approachable.

The pool is clean, kinda small and the plus point was the jacuzzi. Breakfast was boring, not much variety, just the basics like cereals, porridge, 4 different pastries , etc. There's a egg station & murtabak station as well. Overall it was alright, fuss free hotel.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2011 via mobile

Booking of the room was very simple with just a phonecall away.

Check in was smooth & we were given a room on the executive floor.

However, our request to have 2 queen beds in the room was not fulfilled & me, hubby & our 2 kids had to share 2 super single beds instead.

In house spa was so-so. I'd suggest one to go out to Nagoya Hill for a better spa outlet.

Hubby & i spent our late night at the in hotel discotheque, Ratu Regency. DJ was great, playing a large variety of songs. Drinks were cheap & insted of nuts, we were served popcorn. Nice ambience.

Breakfast was nice with quite a variety of inter-continental food.
We love that the hotel concierge is always ready to provide us with transportation to our desired shopping destination.

Overall, its a good & comfortable hotel with altho a tad old compared to the new hotels emerging all around Batam.

• Stayed October 2011
Jakarta, Indonesia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2011

This is quite old hotel but they keep the cleaness & the atmosphere in rooms can make you sleep well...the service was excellent , I usually stay here when I have trip to this town..I stay there many times already since 8 years ago...

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
Madrid
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2007

I was recommended to this hotel by my tour agent and a few friends as i found out that it is at the heart of Nagoya and cheap shopping and eateries are available round the corner. It was a deluxe twin room (shower and bath tub). Spend about S$115 per pax for e package of 3 days 2 nights (daily breakfasts,2-way ferry ,2-way land transfer.) The staff that i bump into are mostly all-smiles and friendly. Can't complain much here for the price tt i've paid except for the filtration system. Other than that, all is good here.

Location: 5/5
Service: 4/5
Hotel: 3/5

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — The filtration system
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Panorama Regency Hotel? Share your experiences!