“Staycation Heaven” 4 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Resort Batam to your Saves list
Prices are for rooms, adults
Holiday Inn Resort Batam
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Waterfront City, Riau Islands Province 29422, Indonesia   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #6 of 69 hotels in Batam
Singapore, Singapore
“Staycation Heaven”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

We were picked up from Skupang when we arrived via the last ferry. Check in was a breeze. As soon as we get into our one bedroom suite, we were super delighted to find it was spacious, clean & "chilled" upon our arrival. Something not even a 5 star hotel would do at times. We can't thank you enough for that and kudos to the room service team, service was prompt and efficient . ( we were hungry at 2 am :P)
Getting massages & foot reflex at the Tea Tree Spa located within the hotel was such pampering treat, we love all 5 hrs of it :)
Dinner at the cozy Japanese Restaurant by the pool with a 3 man band serenading the diners seals the romantic ambiance that we were after.
We further wrap up the night with friendly singing session till way past midnight.
It was a stay-cation heaven for us and we will be back soon, this time we taking our friends with us!!

Room Tip: Most recommended for those who just want to chill, laze about the hotel & embrace the feeling of...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
ResortBatam, General Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Batam, responded to this review, July 25, 2013
Dear guest, greetings from your Staycation Heaven. The entire team was very happy to read your comments about our hotel. When you have the details of your return with friends please let us know so that it will be an unforgettable experience again. We are looking forward welcoming you back.

406 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Bintan Island, Indonesia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

If you came to batam for shopping you can not stay here as the location far from city, but if u stay for relax this is recomended hotel.Swiming pool very nice,the room also clean overall i enjoy the lovely barbeque dinner very testy, I paid IDR 900K/couple and it just nice.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
ResortBatam, General Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Batam, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
Dear guest, thank you very much for that nice comment and we are pleased to hear that you have had a relaxed stay. Currently we are upgrading some of our resort facilities so that you next stay shall be even more relaxed. We are looking forward welcoming you back.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Everything were pretty much up to the Holiday Inn's standard. Thumbs up. My kids enjoyed the kiddy pool & felt sad when it's time to check out. Breakfasts @ Terrace Cafe were enjoyable each morning. In Room dinning/ lunch were swift & prompt. (maxed 40mins as promised) Our Driver, Yen was friendly & treated us like family perhaps partly because my hubby could converse in malay language thus there's more topic to chat on. Overall, We'll definitely stay @ Holiday Inn Resort Batam.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
ResortBatam, General Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Batam, responded to this review, July 13, 2013
Dear guest, thank you very much and Terima Kasih for the excellent feedback. In particular I am pleased to hear that your kids have enjoyed our hotel as Holiday Inn is known for their children friendly facilities. The entire team and especially Yen - your driver - are looking forward welcoming you back very soon.

Singapore, null, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

When my partner and I first arrived, we were quite shocked because the lobby was extremely crowded. There aren't regular couches you'd expect at hotel lobbies, there were round tables (much like in a ballroom) instead. It looked like an extended version of the cafe so that was rather confusing because we didn't know where we were.

As our room was still being cleaned, we didn't get to check in till much later (330pm) but we were upgraded to a deluxe room which was really nice :)

The room was AMAZING- spacious, clean, with the most comfortable mattress, comforter and sofa imaginable. Great selection of tv channels. We were provided free Wi-Fi but I was never able to connect to it (am using a Samsung S3) but my partner who was using an iPhone had no issue. Checked with the staff but sadly there was no follow-up on it. Just as well, a little break from technology did me some good (but it would have been quite a nightmare if I had to get work done).

It was my boyfriend's birthday so we were given a complimentary cake- a WHOLE cake haha. Way too much for us both! Felt really bad wasting it! Had initially requested for the cake to be sent on a Tuesday (his actual birthday) but unfortunately it was sent to us the night we arrived. But on the bright side, he was even more surprised haha. Pity we had too much to eat to actually finish the cake!

The breakfast buffet has an amazing spread- the local dishes were SO DELICIOUS!!! I actually didn't pay much attention to anything else haha so I guess my review for breakfast doesn't exactly cover everything. The local dishes are definitely a MUST TRY.

Shuttle services to Nagoya and BCS made the trip a really convenient (and cost saving) one! It's a pretty long ride (30 minutes or so) but you get to see how people live along the way, which was very nice :) My boyfriend found the resort a little inconvenient (he gets restless sitting for too long) but I thought it was just fine. When we need a taxi to get to Batam Center on the day of our departure, we only had to wait about 2 minutes. Excellent service!

We had dinner at the Japanese Restaurant and it was LOVELY. I have a strong dislike for garlic and the Chef actually bothered to separate all the dressing/sauces for my food (he gave me options, cooked the same sauce twice, one with garlic and one without to let me try to see if I liked it) and checked if I had any other allergies along the way. Great effort on his part because he totally didn't have to bother! I'd send a thousand compliments his way! ;)

The pool was lovely but I thought the spa could be better. The jacuzzi wasn't working when I was there so that was quite a bummer. My masseuse was a lovely lady though- tried to teach me some Bahasa Indonesia :)

Overall, I'd definitely stay at HIRB again. Value for money and great service :)

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
ResortBatam, General Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Batam, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
Dear guest, first of all thank you so much for your stay in our beautiful Holiday Inn Resort Batam. Secondly I am touched with your very comprehensive feedback which I am glad to share with the entire team. Although your arrival experience might have not been as expected (we had a big group staying with us, which btw was also very impressed with all our services) I am happy to hear that the rest of your stay was a Lovely and relaxed one. We will also take a look into your internet comment with the Samsung gadget which we have heard for the first time. The entire team and I will be pleased to welcome you back very soon in our Lovely Resort. Your Bahasa teacher will start to prepare already the next lessons.....

4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013 via mobile

i stay in HIRB for 4days 3night.
Me,hubby and daughter was actually quite happy.the breakfast buffet was better compare to harris resort however im shocked to saw monitor lizards near the kids pool!!The staffs here very polite and nice!my first nite was bad as my neighbour keep making alot of noise buy the next day i change to another room and the good thing was that they let me changed my room!with better view(swimming pool) and more quiter!but sad enough im having imsonia!!!
massage was nice at tree tea .me n hubby enjoy it!the asam kunyit tea was superb after the massage!well its worth staying overall as compare to my previous holiday in Bintan(super expensive)and harris resort(so-so)!

Ann chan(singapore)

• Stayed June 2013
ResortBatam, General Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Batam, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Dear Ann Chan, thank you for this wonderful comment which I am gladly share with the entire team. We will also watch out for the lizard, but please note that the majority of them are harmless to humans. Especially we are very pleased with your comments regarding our Tea Tree Spa as it has been awarded several times. Once again thank you so much for your visit and we are looking forward welcoming you back.

Singapore, Singapore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

Prompt shuttle service from terminal to hotel but not from hotel to terminal.
Takes quite sometimes for us to check in but was given free upgrade, so was appreciative for the kind initiative and the room is really big and comfortable.

Shuttle bus from hotel to Nagoya hill is fine but from Nagoya hill back , we need to wait for more than 10 mins but still acceptable. However, shuttle bus from hotel to BCS, the bus was fully packed with hotel guests and there was no aircon and so u can imagine everyone were struggling to stay cool and my 15th month old daughter find it difficult to sit still and she is sweating all over. And the worst is when we had indicated not only to the hotel lobby but also the driver that dropped us at BCS that we want to take the shuttle bus back from BCS at 3pm amd we had waited till 3.30pm and had to resort to call the hotel couple of times ( waste of our IDD) and in the end had to wait for another 30 mins before they sent a driver down to pick us. This is indeed very frustrating and luckily we take the initiative to call the hotel staff if not who knows how much longer we need to wait under the sun and my daughter was not feeling well after all the exposure to the sun.

Overall from 9 out of 10, i had to reduce our satisfactory level to 6 out of 10… I hope the GM of holiday inn batam will take note of this .

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
ResortBatam, General Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Batam, responded to this review, June 9, 2013
Dear guest, thank you so much for your stay and giving us your valuable feedback. Please be assured that this has been already discussed with the concierge team to avoid re-occurrence. But I am also happy that you could enjoy your stay in our beautiful Holiday Inn Resort Batam. We are looking forward welcoming you back.

Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

A little bit of paradise.
Not sure what else you'd do in Batam apart from golf or massages, special or otherwise.
A pretty nice resort area, with a decent pool and good service by all staff.
We had teppanyaki, drank at the sports bar and had breakfast in the morning.
We did get out and about with the hotel 30mins away from the "city". A couple of places to eat and drink at the waterfront, which were decent and well priced.
If you're heading over to Batam, and if you don't mind the location - stay here.

Room Tip: We paid 273,500 for a couple's breakfast everyday, try to get it included in the room rate. Als...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear guest, the entire team and I were delighted to read your comments about our "little paradise". Although we are not located in the city centre a lot of guests are appreciating the oasis feeling whilst staying in our beautiful Holiday Inn Resort Batam. It would be a great pleasure for us to welcome you back very soon.

Prices are for rooms, adults

Been to Holiday Inn Resort Batam? Share your experiences!