“Lovely stay-cation.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Resort Batam

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Resort Batam to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Resort Batam
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Waterfront City, Riau Islands Province 29422, Indonesia   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #5 of 67 hotels in Batam
“Lovely stay-cation.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

Went to Holiday inn few days back.
Was glad to be back in Holiday Inn again, we've been coming to Holiday Inn almost yearly. :)
However this time, our room's lock was faulty. After we close the door, we tried to open it and it can be opened. We call the staff to help us repair it, however after repairing, the card couldn't open the door due to a change in the system. Thus, we called the staff to help us again. The problem kept surfacing :( Which was really bad....
The shuttle service provided sent us to Batam City Square, however no one came to pick us up at 6pm. We waited till 6:30pm but still no bus came. Was really disappointed as we stood at the bus stop for so long and it was really dangerous.
Thus, we had no choice but to take a taxi. Upon reaching back to the hotel room, we checked with the front desk, they showed us the list, and the staff actually ticked us as going to Nagoya! How can that be! We were really angry about this.

However, on a lighter note, we would like to thank your duty manager, Urman for assisting us. :)
We enjoyed the breakfast on the whole, although it can be improved by providing more food choices, instead of the same ones every year we came back. Please add more food choices if possible? :)
We still enjoy coming back to Holiday Inn even though we faced so many problems this time round. Hopefully Holiday Inn can follow up with this and improve :) And, if possible, pls provide some promotion for loyal customers? :)
Love that there were complimentary Kaorake and drinks!

Anyway, Holiday Inn is still the best place ever, very relaxing and enjoyable. Love the hotel overall! :D

Thumbs up for the team @ Holiday Inn, Batam!
Looking forward to coming here again next year. :D

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
ResortBatam, General Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Batam, responded to this review, April 5, 2013
Dear guest, thanks for choosing our hotel again and taking the time to give us your valuable feedback. Please be assured that this has been discussed already with the team. We are working on upgrading our guest rooms so that such incidents are not happening again. Besides that also our Food & Beverage menus are under review right now so that for your next visit you shall be able to enjoy even more variety. Personally I am also very pleased that you put the name of our Duty Manager Usman online so that his outstanding service attitude can be celebrated with the team. Once again thank you very much for being a patron of our Holiday Inn Resort Batam.

392 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Singapore, null, Singapore
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

This is my second time going over for vacation. I want to go there for relax and enjoy my short trip end up became my unhappy vacation at here. i feel very disappointed. Their service getting horrendous. There are a few bad service that i wish they can improve.

1. front desk staffs - when we check in, we request for high floor corner room end up the highest floor he gave us is level 1. we told him level 1 is not high floor. we are so disappointed. We say no we wan high floor end up he say the room not ready yet, we need to wait so we ask how long we need to wait? i understand we reach ard 1pm and he say by right our check in is 2pm so no choice we had to wait until 2pm. finally we managed to get high floor room.

Actually after breakfast we forget to take our room key out with us. We decided to go reception to request for a extra key to enter our room. We explain to the staff and she was so RUDE to reply us Then? do we need to teach the staff what to do? Can't she ask in a proper way to issue a new key for us? or she need us to teach her what to do? Really Super ANGRY.

2. Terrence Cafe staffs - We went for breakfast on the next day, when we reached the cafe, one of the waiters ask for our room no and she ask we prefer sit indoor or outdoor, end up we chosen outdoor seats. The waiter asked us coffee or tea ? my friend request for cappuccino end up he say we don't have. We told him, we came here before and u guys do serve us cappuccino why this time round no more? after that he walked away with a rude and unhappy face. Really angry & disappointed. our plates at our table don't know for how long nobody bother to clear. one of the worst thing we had is when we are almost done with our breakfast, out of suddenly, one of the waitress came to our table and ask for our room no. we already given them why still ask us again and we are still eating. i think the waiter & waitress their communication fail. they really need to improve their services and communication. i don't know how many guests they treated well or bad? In hotel line, i think this is my first time had a horrendous service.

3. Before check out, we decided to order a pizza to deliver to our room. We request for more cheese and chili flakes, when the pizza arrive to our room, there is no cheeses & chili flakes for us, so we ask the staff, please get us some cheeses and chili flakes. While he taking for us, i want to take the photo of the pizza end up we saw there is a long strain of hair on it! when the staff came back with cheese and chili flakes, we told him we request to change the pizza and told him the reason end up he reply us SO? my friend say so you want us to eat that pizza with a long strain of hair on it? I said it was so unhygienic man. End up he take the pizza away with a unhappy face. Is this the way they treat the guests? REALLY HORRENDOUS SERVICE! we decide to cancel the pizza order because my friend and i no confidence whether will they make a new pizza for us or just simply remove the hair and bring back to us the same pizza back for us to eat.

End up we decide to talk to the manager about this issued. My friend came to this resort alot of times and this is my second time coming back again, end up what we see is horrendous services to us. We came back again because we like the spa there.

Overall there were too many bad services and making us so unhappy staying there. our vacation mood spoil by them. Lucky the good thing we can say are their tea tree spa and dragon inn restaurant . The staffs more profession and more friendly.

i think this is my last time going there. my friend and i will go look for other hotel/resort. I think the staffs need to go for training or improve their service if not i don't know how many guests they want to lose again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
ResortBatam, General Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Batam, responded to this review, March 28, 2013
Dear guest, if I am not mistaken I already spoke with your friend via telephone. If that was not the case please send me via email to frank.schoenherr@ihg.com your telephone number and the best time I can give you a call.

Thanks You!

Regards,
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

We actually wanted a special promotion Package but we we sent in our reservations late. Would like to thank Holiday inn for allowing us to still book the hotel under the promotion package by NTUC. Prompt and efficient service. The hotel is very well kept. Great pool! Would be good to have more than one timing for shuttle bus to Nagoya or maybe one Bus to Nagoya and another to a newer mall maybe at Waterfront? We stayed in the 2 room suite- the rooms are spacious and well maintained. Really great for a weekend getaway especially for families:)

• Stayed March 2013
Dear guest, thanks for this wonderful feedback which we are glad to share with the team. As you mentioned although we are not located in the city center a lot of guests are commending the resort feeling while staying with us. During weekends we are operating 3 times a day complimentary shuttles to Nagoya Shopping Mall. It will be our pleasure to welcome you again in our Holiday Inn Resort Batam.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

Need a quick weekend get away and we opted to return to Holiday Inn Resort Batam based on our prior experiences with the hotel. The hotel provided complimentary transport from the ferry terminal to the hotel, which is a nice touch. As we were early (about a couple of hours before their official check out time), we were made to wait for the room. We booked a 1 bedroom suite due to the extremely good value on the hotel's website. The booking also comes with late check out, complimentary Wifi access, and breakfast. As we were checking in, we were told the housekeeping department requires more time to make up our room, which left us with little choice but to wait.

Check in experience was horrible compared to the last time. I requested for a king size bed suite and high floor, the staff (Iqbal) told us the higher floors were all taken and can only assign us a lower floor room. When asked which floor were we assigned he told us the first floor, which is extremely noisy as it is by the pool and the first floor rooms also lacked privacy. Nonetheless we returned some 2 hours later while spending time over at the Dragon's Inn Chinese restaurant, where they have Dim Sum Buffet going on. After lunch we went back and checked if our room is ready. We were pleasantly informed that our room has been upgraded on high floor with king sized bed. However the good impression stopped there. When we booked our room, it comes with free Wifi and late check out. When enquired the check out time, without checking, Iqbal informed us that the check out time is at 12 noon. I asked about our special deal, then he verified it is at 4pm. Wifi information was not even offered and we had to call the call centre to check how to connect to internet.

The poor service did not stop there, the second day we had forgotten to bring our key for breakfast and approached the staffs at the check in counter, explaining our situation, her responses was "and then???". This is a 4 star establishment, with staff giving such response is unthinkable! The hotel should relook into training their staff what it means to provide good customer service. The staff at Terrace Cafe is as horrible as ever! No smiles, terrible service. The last time we came, we were offered Cappuccino, this time round when asked only coffee and tea are available! I told the staff at the cafe I was offered Cappuccino then he went off with a "what the hell" face and get us our Cappuccino. Food at breakfast service is at most average, the nasi lemak was not tasty and kinda blend. Choices are limited and the food do not seemed to be topped up. Terrible terrible service for Terrace Cafe.

Now the room we were assigned was great but looked aged. Though this is a 2 bedroom room, fixtures were starting to look boring and looked like they are in need of refurbishment. There was a simple dining table greeting us upon our entrance to the room followed by the couch area with a coffee table and a TV. The bedroom with the supposedly King size bed has a make up table, awkwardly placed at one corner of the room, sharing the same surface with the other TV in the room. the king size bed is actually queen size, sleep quality is at most average. I woke up with a stiff neck despite sleeping on the firm pillow. There is also a cheap looking wardrobe in this room. The other bedroom has another wardrobe with 2 single beds. It looked cramped with the placement of the furnitures. The balcony, overlooking the pool was a simple affair. Decked with a couple of deck chairs and a small table, it is only good for smoking.

There is 2 bathroom in this category. One next to the dining table with a simple toilet bowl, a sink and a standing shower. The other, inside the room with the queen size bed, has a smallish bathtub, toilet bowl and a sink. The bathroom is cramp and a simple affair.

We ordered pizza for lunch on the second day, the pizza came with a long strain of hair on it! We also asked for chill flakes and cheese, those were not delivered!!! What poor service!! I called the call centre to complain about this, the lady over at the other end did not seemed too keen to turn things around! Horrendous service! When the staff came back and we showed him the pizza with the hair, his response was a simple "SO??". He'd expect us to remove the hair and eat the pizza??!!! I told him I wanted to change the pizza, he left with a extremely unhappy face. I called the call centre again to get them to cancel the pizza as I am not sure if they will serve us the same pizza again by simply removing the hair! I have no confidence in their food.

The only saving grace for this establishment is the Tea Tree Spa. The staff are warm, caring and offered extremely good service. Will I come back here again??? NOT IN A MILLION YEARS!!! This will be my last time here! Terrible service, i would probably find joy in another hotel!

Room Tip: No Ground floor Rooms! Go Elsewhere where they value you more as a customer!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
ResortBatam, General Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Batam, responded to this review, March 24, 2013
Dear guest, we are feeling sorry that you have not enjoyed your stay with us. It would be my pleasure to talk about your experience in a telephone conversation. In case you are interested in that please send me the number I can call you via email to frank.schoenherr@ihg.com.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

Recently stayed at holiday inn batam with my gal friends. We booked a 2-bedroom suite for 4 of us. It's comfy and clean. Breakfast food selection was ok. We were directed to 2nd floor because breakfast area was full. Overall experience was good.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Dear guest, thanks for choosing our resort during your visit in Batam and the valuable feedback which we are glad to share with our team. In case you travel again to Batam in the future we would be glad to welcome you back.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

Batam has 5 ferry terminals and we landed at Waterfront Ferry Terminal, which is just 5 mins car ride away from Holiday Inn Resort, Batam. There's a free shuttle service between the ferry terminal and the resort.

The resort was not overly-crowded during our stay, probably because it was off-peak season. The facilities were a little dated, but still well-maintained. I was impressed with the friendly service staff, who always greeted us with a smile and made our stay very comfortable.

We booked for a single-bedroom suite but was given a free upgrade to a 2-bedroom suite! Very spacious and lots of room for our daughter to run about. One gripe about the resort though is that the food was not really up to 4-star hotel standard that it was. The food was clean and palatable, but not very delicious. For example, meat from the ayam penyet {smashed fried chicken} and the chicken rice were dry, and rice was served cold. There was a great variety on the menu and we ate at the resort for most of our meals, but it was all very unsatisfying. Such a shame because I was looking forward to eating good authentic Indonesian cuisine!

My daughter loved the outdoor swimming pool and indoor kids playground. for children aged 4-12 years old that's open daily from 9am-6pm. There's usually a hotel staff there to supervise the kids so if you don't mind, you can leave your kids there while you relax in the resort.

Our favourite place in the resort was the award-winning Tea Tree Spa where you can sooth your mind and body in one of the 14 spacious Balinese-styled couple villas or treatment rooms.My hubby and I each had a 120mins body scrub and massage to relax and unwind. Simply bliss!

Holiday Inn Resort is far from Batam's city centre, but they do offer free daily shuttle services to major attractions like Nagoya Hills. A journey to Nagoya Hills takes about 1 hour ride. Go there for cheap food, entertainment, massage and shopping. Seats on the shuttle are limited though, and you need to book with the concierge in advance.

Full review with pictures here: http://www.sakuraharuka.com/2013/03/weekend-getaway-holiday-inn-resort.html

Room Tip: Away from the pool so that it's less noisy.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear guest, thanks for choosing our resort during your visit in Batam and the wonderful feedback which we are glad to share with our team. We hope the next time you come you will find time again to take advantage of all services our Tea Tree Spa is offering. Here we are working on several new promotions to come out soon. We hope to welcome you back very soon.

Middle of Nowhere
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

Just came back with my friend for a 3 days 2 nights getaway from Holiday Inn. We booked a suite room and shutter was provided to and fro from ferry terminal. Check-in was fast and efficient and we asked for a twin bed room if that's possible. The receptionist informed us that there is a king size bed, 2 twin bed rooms. At first my friend and I were surprised to hear that as we only required a bedroom for just the two of us. Then we checked with them was there an error in booking, the receptionist doesnt speak fluent english and was trying his level best to tell us that the room we booked wasnt available and therefore they upgraded us to a bigger suite.
The room was clean and spacious with a huge sofa and balcony overlooking the pool although the furniture a bit old.
The swiming pool is huge and the layout is nice, the kid's pool comes with a slide and a playground by the side.
The breakfast spread was good but the food quality just alright. The F& B team greeted us with a warm welcome and asked if we would like a cup of coffee or tea. The plates were cleared and it would be nice to offer to top up the coffee or tea at the same time instead of we requested it as it was only a few tables occupied.

The shutter to the Nagoya Hill mall on weekdays only one and 3 on weekends. We didnt take the shutter provided and took taxi there instead. The fare was rupiah 110,000 around SGD14 one way. We spent around 3 hours there the 1st day and signed up for spa packages nearby the mall for the next day at 12pm. The taxi driver was friendly,punctual and reliable.
On the second day, we asked for a taxi from the hotel to send us to the spa centre by 12pm. In knowing that we will spend quite awhile for our treaments and will be done by 6pm. The taxi driver was telling us he could be on 'standby' for us and he asking for the price of SGD50. We told him that we dont need that 'cause after the spa, we will head for dinner and by then it should be around 8pm so we could just call for the taxi to send us back. After awhile he brought that up again, and we both felt agitated and thought may be it could be he doesnt understand english well. When we arrived, we tried to explain to him in simple bahasa that we know so he doesnt have to wait for us outside the spa and once we're done, we will just call the resort.
By then, when we cofirmed and made payment for the spa, we realised that he was still waiting outside for us. To AVOID miscommunication,we had to seek the help of the spa staff to do translation for us.
This is the matter that we would like the resort to look into. We were wondering was he doing that for his own profit or based on Holiday Inn taxi term and regulations because no matter what he's driving a Holiday Inn taxi.
When we came back to the hotel and confirmed our shutter when we check out. The front desk staff were friendly, polite and service with a smile and even to give us a call to our room and ask how's everything, is the room alright and the service.

We were impressed that the Holiday Inn staff are excellent from front desk, to F&B, housekeeper (respected guests privacy) gave us a call when we forgot to take off the D-N-D sign 'cause we asked for extra bottles of water.
During check-out, the shutter driver informed us that we could take the nearer ferry terminal instead of the further one. He offered to send us to the terminal and guided us to the right counter for check-in.

We hope that Holiday Inn will keep up the excellent job and would like the resort to look into the taxi, transportation matter because the reputation of the resort should not be affected because of it.

Well, I must say it was a very pleasant stay at Holiday Inn Resort Batam, and it's a good place to hang out for everyone. =)

Best Regards.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Dear guest, thanks for this wonderful feedback which we are glad to share with the team. Please be assured that we will talk to our taxi provider to improve their services as this also reflects on ours. It will be our pleasure to welcome you again in our Holiday Inn Resort Batam.

Frank Schoenherr

Been to Holiday Inn Resort Batam? Share your experiences!