“One of the best layer cakes i've ever tried” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Lamoist - Layers Batam

Lamoist - Layers Batam
Jl. Bunga Raya, Baloi | BCS Mall B12 no. 1 (Near escalator to Gate 1), Riau Islands Province 29441, Indonesia
+62 811 111 1778
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 9 Shopping in Batam
More attraction details
Owner description: 'LAMOIST' formerly 'Layers Batam' layer cake is proudly made from carefully selected finest local and imported ingredients solely to satisfy your taste buds. For best quality please preorder by our toll free number or whatsapp us- * We are in process of changing name to LAMOIST since there are at least 5 counterfeiter shops who are using the LAYER/LAYERS name in the malls now. Our 'Lamoist'kue lapis is different from kueh lapis from other part of Indonesia which usually has a hint of 'spekoek spice'. It is unique, with pure Australian butter as the main ingredient to form the rich moist layers, baked layer by layer to perfection, the LAMOIST way. Quick Note : Be alert that there are Lamoist and Traditional grade of Layers kue lapis, which can be easily identified by its box and top print. Please check out our website for more details.For delivery orders during weekends, we would recommend you pay in full, so there's no need for you to wait in the hotel lobby since the delivery guy and the sales is different guy, and will not recognize you. We would usually pass the cakes to the receptionist or concierge, at which you can later pick up at the time of your convenience. We apologize for the tight arrangements.
Spore
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“One of the best layer cakes i've ever tried”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

This shop is my favourite since 2009. I used to buy the original lamoist layer cakes for my boyfriend's parents. They love it so much, and it has become a ritual whenever i visit batam for my spa trip. The kue lapis has really nice butter smell, but minus the oiliness. Some of my friends love the traditional one, but i just can't leave the habit. Now I only get the special gold grade kueh lapis, priced at approx sgd50, which is worthy. I think it can only be preordered. Well- I'll say it dwarfs all. You can only say you have tried real Indonesia kue lapis when you tried this. Now I totally stop buying kueh lapis in Singapore :-) Unfortunately they only give out the tester during festive seasons.

Greatly recommended.- becareful of the surounding shops that sell similar kue with big writings.

Visited December 2011
LAMOIST, Manager at Lamoist - Layers Batam, responded to this review, October 23, 2012
Dear Ms Lee,

Thank you very much. We are glad you love our cakes. Your review will be made known to everyone to let them know that their hard-work is loved by our customers. Our gold grade layer cakes will still be available only during festive season, unless there are pre-ordered. We will maintain the quality of cakes and service.

Have a great day

• Indonesian first
Singapore
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Soft and moist”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012 via mobile

Bought Kueh lapis from the kiosk at Megamall Batam Center. The lady manning the kiosk was pleasant and friendly, always smiling even though my son kept helping himself to the samples. The lapis tasted really good.

Singapore
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Tasty and reasonably priced”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

There are two kiosks selling Layers Batam kueh lapis at Nagoya Hills Shopping Mall. Prices are the same at both kiosks. Traditional kueh lapis costs 120,000 IDR (1.1 Kg) and butter kueh lapis costs 160,000 IDR (1.1 Kg). I find the butter kueh lapis tastes better and is more moist.

You can place order at the kiosks for freshly baked kueh lapis for pick up on the next day. You can also request for the cake to be cut into halves and packed into two separate boxes. If you are short of time, there are ready made kueh lapis at the kiosks for on the spot purchase.

Visited August 2012