“Good” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The BCC Hotel & Residence

You added The BCC Hotel & Residence to your Saves list
The BCC Hotel & Residence
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Jalan Bunga Mawar, Riau Islands Province 29444, Indonesia   |
Ranked #14 of 75 Hotels in Batam
“Good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

Was there last weekend with my sisters.

The deluxe room is big, even with an extra bed. Service was fast on the delivery of extra bed plus toiletries. The super single bed & pillow are comfortable. Aircon are working well.

The lift is quite slow although there are a total of four lifts in operation.

Buffet breakfast are simple.

Waited about 10min for the check out. The receptionist & othet service staffs are polite & friendly.

The A2 foodcourt directly behind the hotel have variety of foods but price are only slight lower than Spore. The BCS mall, is quite old in outlook. Went to Ngonya Hill Shipping Mall via taxi at 50,000Rp and at 40,000Rp bck fm Ngonya to BCC Hotel. Prefer Ngonya than BCS mall.

Overall, a nice hotel.

• Stayed April 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
  • Indonesian first
Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

Just came back from BCC Hotel yesterday. The hotel was great. Clean and spacious. Staff was polite, helpful and friendly.

We ordered room service. Service was fast and the food was really nice.

Breakfast served during buffet although not a big spread but it was quite decent.

Basically nothing to complain about this hotel and would like to come again very soon!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

I do not recommend this hotel. With all the dirt that was visible (and their apparent questionable cleaning habits), I’m wondering what I did not see.

Pros:

Room so large that Dancing with the Stars could have a dance-off in there.
Hawker Center right next door. See Cons.

Cons:

No hot water. At all.

Gunge (a dirty film) on bottom foot of shower glass – all around. Looks like it was never cleaned.

Bathroom glasses were “hand rinsed” by housekeeping – there was still dirt and fingerprints on them.

Coffee cup - stuck to the saucer when I picked it up.

Coffee spoon – was wiped off and replaced the next day, after I used it. This was confirmed by a test the following day by marking the spoon which I had dirtied again. – it was returned to its original position.

Elevators – extremely slow – Advise to stay on lower floor. Frequently the lift would reverse directions when I was on my way up or down.
Wifi - extremely slow.

Food – Terrible. Do yourself a favor and go to the mall or hawker center.

I do not like that whole window in a bathroom motif but that is my personal nit.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else until they can confirm the cleaning issues have been resolved.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Singapore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

I shall talk abt the good stuff first:

Awesome location! A short walk to the BCS mall, the A2 outdoor local food court, and a 50,000RP ride to the harbourbay ferry terminal.

Service of (some/majority) staff was warm. Staff was smiley and mostly helpful. Check in was smooth and pleasant.

Rooms were spacious and clean.

Breakfast was slightly above average..

Now, the bad...

1) We booked a two bedroom apartment and paid for an extra bed. They gave us only 4 towels. When we asked for more, they came after 30 mins and said that they would charge us. Stingy strike 1!!

2) there was no fridge in the room so we asked for a fridge. the fridge was not working at all. so we asked for a bucket of Ice to chill our drinks. They insisted on charging us 7500RP for a tiny weeny bucket of ice. We were not agreeable to paying for the ice and send the staff away. When we stopped by the reception, they insisted that we should pay for the ice! Stingy strike 2!!

3) we called for room service to ask for a bottle opener. 15 mins passed and they didn't come so I had to call again. They apologized for not coming and took another 10 mins before arriving with the bottle opener. The staff insisted that we used it immediately and return the tool to him immediately. Even though we mention we will return the opener to the reception the next morning. He said "cannot". It was definitely irritating!

In conclusion, even though the hotel ranks high in location and cleanliness, we will not return.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013 via mobile

Splendid service,probably the standard kind of service you will get anywhere and everywhere in batam. They occasionally press the lifts for u,smile at u etc

Room was spacious but kinda too much unused space which can be occupied by certain better furniture or stuffs like that. Shampoo and shower gel half used,toilet roll not much left.

Breakfast buffet-food was cold probably because I went one and a half hours after their open,juices concentrated no ice,milk for the cereal was not cold too.but when I asked the cook for scrambled eggs she prepared for me with a smile.

Overall worth it as we bought their promotion voucher,if you're not expecting five star this is your place to be.

Singapore, null, Singapore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

I thought i booked a room with a bathtub (i forgot which room was that) and so i actually booked a normal standard room. I've been to a few hotels in batam, i think most of their rooms are designed to be big and spacious even for a standard room.

I managed to check in earlier, requested for a smoking room and it is located on a high floor. As I stayed 2 nights, had to deposit 2 million rupiah (approximately $260 sgd) and balance will be given on the day i check out. Requested for a late check out about 2 hrs later but only given half an hour grace. LIKE WHATEVER~~~ And i heard if you were to drag, they will charge extra?

Location wise is good as it is near to BCS mall, just beside the hotel. There is also a food centre located beside the hotel too but I didnt explore on that. Taxi trip to nagoya hill mall is about 25k rupiah if you take outside of the hotel. Return trip is a standard of 40k rupiah cos the driver had to pay the entrance fee or something like that which I believe it only costs about 1000-2000 rupiah. Ok like whatever?!

Room was clean and well kept. Of course it's big and spacious. Wifi is available but not a high speed. The toilet clogged when I was bathing and I had to be my own plumber pumping the hole so as to let the water disappear. Can't be bothered to complain this to the hotel staff cos it only happened twice and was ok when I showered subsequently.

Complain no.1-
Fridge was not working and the engineer came about an hour plus later as they were tending to other rooms. I was advised to wait for another half an hour before the fridge turns cold. After which it didn't. I called up reception and they told me to wait for another half an hour to 1 hour of which I fell asleep soon after. Woke up at 6am and STILL the fridge was not working. Called up reception and this time within 5 mins the engineer came. He found out it was faulty and will exchange it with another fridge. It was not that long after he came up with another fridge and this time it works. Thank GOD. I wonder how come the hotel staffs doesn't make sure their electronics stuffs to be in good working condition before letting the guests in?

Complain no.2-
Requested for a bucket of ice and the staff told me that will need to pay 7.5k rupiah and I told him why should I since your fridge is not working since the day before? AND guess what? I was given a GLASS of ice as a complimentary instead? What the hell? It's not about money that matters. It's about customer service. If you get what i mean.

Complain no.3-
Next, I requested for an ironing board and iron on the first day, it didn't come so I requested again at 6am in the morning together with my complain on the fridge. To my distraught, the staff came with only an iron claiming that the ironing board is out of stock for the day due to holiday season so the hotel was fully booked and so there were many guests which explains why the service was a bit slow and yeah stuffs gets out of stock easily. And so.. I wanted to plug in near the bed so i can iron on the bed BUT the socket was different from the plug and i can only plug it in the bathroom and what? Ask me to iron in the bathroom on top of the sink is it??? So I had to call up reception and complain AGAIN. As soon after, the staff came up with an ironing board. Seriously BCC hotel, if this is truly a 4 star hotel, each room SHOULD have an iron and ironing board.

Overall, i think it was okay except for a few glitches and also because of peak period so the sudden surge of guests staying in the hotel. I don't mind coming back to this hotel BUT NOT on peak period cos I am not confident that their services would be as prompt and efficient as every other day. Speaking of which BCC hotel needs to look into this.

Oh I missed out on the breakfast. It was nothing fantastic. Just okay-okay only.

Room Tip: higher floor for smoking room.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
jakarta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

I love the spacious room like in 5 stars hotel. I had a very good sleep and dream :)

The food in breakfast was ok, but for the Management the SOP in clear up must be improved, it's not a four stars hotel standard, and coffee and tea suppose to be pouring by waiter/tress rather than they appointed the location, while not many guest during the breakfast time.

The meeting room is average but the buffet is less in variation.

Again the one that I couldnt forget is the room, worth for money.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Been to The BCC Hotel & Residence? Share your experiences!