“2nd time there... Still loving it!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The BCC Hotel & Residence

You added The BCC Hotel & Residence to your Saves list
The BCC Hotel & Residence
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Jalan Bunga Mawar, Riau Islands Province 29444, Indonesia   |
Ranked #14 of 75 Hotels in Batam
Singapore, Singapore
“2nd time there... Still loving it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

Went there for the 2nd time, and hotel itself was still perfect in every way possible. Stayed in the 2 BR apt again.

From check-in, we reached 2 hours earlier from the stipulated check-in time but the room was already ready and so we were allowed early check-in.

Room was clean and the technician came within 5mins for a faulty flush in the common toilet. A point to mention though, the lighting in the common toilet was very dim and my sister was too timid to even use it. The lighting has got to be improved.

Doormen were courteous through out my whole stay, and they were equally helpful if you've got any enquiries. Breakfast was fine, just the way I remembered it to be.

Still THE hotel to visit the next time I visit Batam again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
  • Indonesian first
Jakarta, Indonesia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

This hotel is reasonable in terms of room quality. I paid for an upgrade to a bigger room as the pricing was very reasonable, good value. Location good an central. The rooms are clean, with a nice bathroom with jacuzzi bathtub. Bed was rock hard. I haven't stayed in may hotels in Batam so have nothing to compare it to. But there are issues here, mostly things like how long the elevators take, food standard, and staff training. I was unfortunate enough to get sick during my visit, and it was handled very poorly. I bled accidentally on the bed sheets after having recent surgery, on the way out, whilst rushing to the hospital the staff wouldnt let us leave without paying for the "damage" which was very distressing and poor timing, but they couldnt tell us how much to pay. I'd stay here again wityhout doubt, but just don't expect high service standards.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013 via mobile

My friends n me were waiting for d lift when one of d staffs came along with a group of tourists, we were asked to step aside by the staff to allow them to use d lift as they r going to level 1. For god sake d group was 20 to 30 ppls n he expected us to wait (there was only 1 functioning lift by the way) for donohowlong. A no brainer staff indeed, my wife was pregnant and you are helping to cut queue. Climb d stair if u r going level 1 morons! !! Pls allow d pregnant lady to use d lift!!!

• Stayed January 2013
Taipei, Taiwan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

The place is one of the tallest places in Batam comprise of hotel/residence. The check in was not as breeze as we expect, staff were somehow not polite and a bit off. We booked an executive suite and i could not help to laugh and ridicule the room. It was so funny because they have this glass table in the room that looks like the ones you use in a meeting with 6 faux leather chairs on top of the mismatched yellow chairs in the living room which still had some plastics on it. It made me think what on earth the management were thinking when they put all this together. Everything inside was just off, although our room was huge, it just tacky tacky tacky and cheap inside. from pillows to the bathroom. Like what you would expect in a motel room somewhere in the big cities. I guess if youre not that fuzzy then this is an ok hotel to stay. Next door is a shopping mall and a hawker center area which was good.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Singapore, Singapore
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

Do yourself a favor and book somewhere else!
They gave us a smoking room even though we asked for a non-smoking room at reservation.
Changed of room and still it was bad. Generally, this place is badly maintained.
Breakfast is bad.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Management777, General Manager at The BCC Hotel & Residence, responded to this review, January 10, 2013
hi,

Thank you for the generous comments . We will do our utmost best to improve BCC Hotel . Please contact reservation@thebcchotel.com for your future stay . I am sure BCC is not a "one time" hotel . Give us an opportunity to serve you again and I am sure you will be very satisified . We will upgrade yourroom if you book with us again. Kindly quote trip advisor as a code word for us to upgrade you .

Thank you and Sorry for the unpleasant experience with us. Best , Caring , Consistent is always our motto . BCC

Cheers !
Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

My family went for a short trip to Batam on Saturday 29th Dec 2012. Drop at Harbourbay Ferry Terminal and took a cab to BCC hotel for 15mins drive and was charge RP40000 only.

Upon reaching earlier than 1400WIB, they allowed us to check-in early. We booked for 1 apartment with 2 bedrooms but unfortunately was informed 2 weeks earlier by email stated that no apartment rooms available on that specific date but they upgrade us for 2 EXECUTIVE SUITES with no additional charges!

I was given 1 room access card first as the other room was not ready yet, its okay for me since the rooms were side by side. I was amazed by the very spacious room with living room, dining table, jacuzzi in the toilet, and a bed room! I able to see the other room which about to be ready in minutes and was told by the housekeeper to give a call to front desk for the room access card. Room view was superb! I can see Marina Bay Sands too! Hi Singapore, I'm here at level 12 Bcc Hotel!

The 2nd room access card arrives in just 5 minutes after informing the front desk! Lots of channel to watch! BCS mall was just 5 mins walk the the left side on the hotel exit. 15 mins to Nagoya Hill Shopping Mall for RP50000 took from BCS mall which were easy accessible to get a cab.

The swimming pools consist of large pool, baby pool (should I called it a children pool - depth 0.75m) and a round-shape jacuzzi temperature around 60deg (I can see the water vapour heat from the pool).

I experienced difficulties with the access room card when tapping on the lift. Example: I was at level 4 and need to go up to level 12. The lift started from ground floor and level 20 was pressed earlier by a visitor. So when I came in from level 4, I tapped and press level 12, but red led appear and the lift did not stop at level 12 and it went all the way to level 20. Once the lift door closed, I tap the access room card again then press level 12, then it stop at level 12. It happened many times to me and other visitors and some of them end up asking help from hotel staffs to press for them using staff access card to all levels.

I was greeted by the front desk whenever they saw me and they can remember my name easily! Probably I was a foreigner there but I could speak Bahassa Indonesia fluently :P

Breakfast was superb! Eat as much as you can at level P4! We came at 0730WIB and we were the first one to touch the foods! Served with mee rebus, rice porridge, traditional foods like nasi goreng, fried kuay teow, fruits, crossaints breads with different varieties of spread, cereals and much more! The manager was there observing the staffs preparing for breakfast and he was friendly. He greeted my husband with a smile and exchange ideas during our breakfast.

Overall this hotel is EXCELLENT. Need improvement on the access room card for lift. Remember to request 2 cards per room, if 1 card couldn't be detected in the lift, you have the extra one!

BCC HOTEL... you are the BEST!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012 via mobile

I stayed at the 3+1 with my relatives. Comfortable I should say. Just beside BCS mall! There is also a nasi ayam penyet stall opposite BCS mall if I'm not wrong its "surabaya ayam penyet" delicious! Breakfast at Bcc is awesome too and service is great; smiles and welcoming. Will come here again!

• Stayed December 2012

Been to The BCC Hotel & Residence? Share your experiences!