“Stay somewhere else!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of The BCC Hotel & Residence

Save Saved
You added The BCC Hotel & Residence to your Saves list
The BCC Hotel & Residence
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Jalan Bunga Mawar, Riau Islands Province 29444, Indonesia   |
Ranked #13 of 66 hotels in Batam
“Stay somewhere else!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

Do yourself a favor and book somewhere else!
They gave us a smoking room even though we asked for a non-smoking room at reservation.
Changed of room and still it was bad. Generally, this place is badly maintained.
Breakfast is bad.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Management777, General Manager at The BCC Hotel & Residence, responded to this review, January 10, 2013
hi,

Thank you for the generous comments . We will do our utmost best to improve BCC Hotel . Please contact reservation@thebcchotel.com for your future stay . I am sure BCC is not a "one time" hotel . Give us an opportunity to serve you again and I am sure you will be very satisified . We will upgrade yourroom if you book with us again. Kindly quote trip advisor as a code word for us to upgrade you .

Thank you and Sorry for the unpleasant experience with us. Best , Caring , Consistent is always our motto . BCC

Cheers !

166 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
  • Indonesian first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

My family went for a short trip to Batam on Saturday 29th Dec 2012. Drop at Harbourbay Ferry Terminal and took a cab to BCC hotel for 15mins drive and was charge RP40000 only.

Upon reaching earlier than 1400WIB, they allowed us to check-in early. We booked for 1 apartment with 2 bedrooms but unfortunately was informed 2 weeks earlier by email stated that no apartment rooms available on that specific date but they upgrade us for 2 EXECUTIVE SUITES with no additional charges!

I was given 1 room access card first as the other room was not ready yet, its okay for me since the rooms were side by side. I was amazed by the very spacious room with living room, dining table, jacuzzi in the toilet, and a bed room! I able to see the other room which about to be ready in minutes and was told by the housekeeper to give a call to front desk for the room access card. Room view was superb! I can see Marina Bay Sands too! Hi Singapore, I'm here at level 12 Bcc Hotel!

The 2nd room access card arrives in just 5 minutes after informing the front desk! Lots of channel to watch! BCS mall was just 5 mins walk the the left side on the hotel exit. 15 mins to Nagoya Hill Shopping Mall for RP50000 took from BCS mall which were easy accessible to get a cab.

The swimming pools consist of large pool, baby pool (should I called it a children pool - depth 0.75m) and a round-shape jacuzzi temperature around 60deg (I can see the water vapour heat from the pool).

I experienced difficulties with the access room card when tapping on the lift. Example: I was at level 4 and need to go up to level 12. The lift started from ground floor and level 20 was pressed earlier by a visitor. So when I came in from level 4, I tapped and press level 12, but red led appear and the lift did not stop at level 12 and it went all the way to level 20. Once the lift door closed, I tap the access room card again then press level 12, then it stop at level 12. It happened many times to me and other visitors and some of them end up asking help from hotel staffs to press for them using staff access card to all levels.

I was greeted by the front desk whenever they saw me and they can remember my name easily! Probably I was a foreigner there but I could speak Bahassa Indonesia fluently :P

Breakfast was superb! Eat as much as you can at level P4! We came at 0730WIB and we were the first one to touch the foods! Served with mee rebus, rice porridge, traditional foods like nasi goreng, fried kuay teow, fruits, crossaints breads with different varieties of spread, cereals and much more! The manager was there observing the staffs preparing for breakfast and he was friendly. He greeted my husband with a smile and exchange ideas during our breakfast.

Overall this hotel is EXCELLENT. Need improvement on the access room card for lift. Remember to request 2 cards per room, if 1 card couldn't be detected in the lift, you have the extra one!

BCC HOTEL... you are the BEST!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012 via mobile

I stayed at the 3+1 with my relatives. Comfortable I should say. Just beside BCS mall! There is also a nasi ayam penyet stall opposite BCS mall if I'm not wrong its "surabaya ayam penyet" delicious! Breakfast at Bcc is awesome too and service is great; smiles and welcoming. Will come here again!

• Stayed December 2012
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

My family went to Batam for a night's stay over the Xmas holidays. On the whole, the hotel was just average, as I feel that there is a lot to be improved on. Since it was only for one night, we still managed quite well.

The room was HUGE! We had an extra bed, and I think another extra bed could easily fit in. The beds were comfortable and we liked the view from our 20th floor. We could even see Marina Bay Sands in Singapore across the sea in the distance. Staff were very friendly and helpful. The location was very good as we were just next door to the BCS Mall which had a lot of shopping and dining outlets. If you do wish to travel by taxi to another mall, do note that the concierge will call the hotel's taxi, which are a little more expensive, but very comfy.

Now, the part of our hotel stay, which unfortunately made our stay unpleasant, was the very smelly bathroom! The bathroom was huge and it even had a jacuzzi bath! But given the smell in the bathroom, who would even want to step in there for a short while?! We called housekeeping and they could only spray air freshener. It was such a pity as I am sure my kids would have loved using the bath tub.

And another problem was the aircon. No matter how we tried to lower the temperature, it just would not get cool enough.The maintenance guys did try to fix it, but it was still not good enough.

Breakfast choices were limited, but we were ok with that. However, do go for breakfast early as if you are late, you'll have to queue for some time for a table.

But like I said, this hotel has a lot of room for improvement. Given the huge rooms and the friendly staff, if only these other points were improved on, I am sure it will be one of the better hotels in Batam.

Room Tip: Choose a high floor, and remember to check the smell in the bathroom!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

nice hotel but not fantastic:

cons:
No guide on facilities such as swimming pool and gym and wifii
breakfast crowd not well controlled. seems like a lot of people queuening for breakfast buffet.
one-stop service needs to be evaluated as it seems that staff not able to take customer query efficiently and effectively.
Front desk also seems very busy whenever we pass by

Pro
staff are very friendly
room is really spacious and neat. The tv has many channels.
close to mall and food centre with good food. very convenient

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

Overall, this hotel has two pros - nice/spacious rooms and location close to a shopping center & food court. However, some negative experiences made this a wholly disappointing experience. In particular, we would like to warn future patrons of the spa, and a scam run by their therapists. We will not be returning.

We booked a hotel transfer from the ferry terminal, but no one from the hotel showed up; no apology was offered when the hotel was informed, with the staff choosing to pretend we had never mentioned it.

The worst experience was with the spa. My wife and I booked a 75 min in-room spa package. The therapists arrived late, and one of them kept burping during the massage which I found unprofessional, if not disgusting. Halfway through the massage, we were led to think that there was a ear candling portion included in the massage. We clarified with the therapists twice who assured us it was part of the 75 min package before allowing them to proceed.
The massages including the ear candling ended after 70 minutes. For payment, the therapists demanded an extra '50' for the car candling. When we told them that they had informed us it was included in the massage, they denied it. I then told them that they had only taken 70 minutes for the 75 minute massage and ADDITIONAL ear candling, to which one of the therapist took offense. This same therapist sat on our bed and refused to leave. I called the spa to try to resolve the matter, but a lady insisted that I had to pay for the ear candling. I decided to pay the therapists, but when I handed them 50,000 rupiah, they demanded S$50 instead; to understand the audacity of the demand, our entire massage for two cost about S$60. Upset, I called the spa again and was given a discount, though this still meant that I paid more than was advertised for the massage, and did not get the full 75 minutes that was promised. In the end, I paid a discounted price for a less than 75 min massage, as well as 50,000 for car candling which I was conned into thinking was part of the package. I may not be as aggrieved if the massage was good, but it was mediocre at best. To triangulate my story with that of a friend staying in another room, his massage also took about 15 mins less than the stated time. A wholly distressing and disappointing experience.

Later that evening, we requested two fresh towels from room service, as we used the only two towels that were provided in the toilet for the massage session. The replacements only came after almost 2 hours and several calls. The staff who eventually came was apologetic though.

Overall, a disappointing experience. The spa is not worth the effort, and I would like to warn future patrons about the scam that we were victims of.

Room Tip: Room 1211 was located directly outside the lift lobby. Higher floors would likely experience less no...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

We had a pleasant surprise as we entered the deluxe hotel room. Its one of the best hotel rooms we have stayed.

Basic amenities are there, view is great as we stayed on 16th floor. Air con was cold & able to adjust the temp via thermostat.
Hotel was near to foodcourt which serves great food btw & near to BCS & plaza top100 mall. Sadika spa massage service is near plaza top 100 too. Offers great & cheap massage services.

But!! Tv reception was bad though the variety of channels are good. Reception didnt inform us we need to tap on our room card in the lift to press the floor number.

Overall its a nice hotel with good location.

• Stayed December 2012

Been to The BCC Hotel & Residence? Share your experiences!