“Would not recommend” 1 of 5 stars
Review of The Spa Secret

The Spa Secret
Komp. Nagoya Garden Phase I | Blok D No. 1-2-3, Riau Islands Province, Indonesia
+62 778 423123
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 26 activities in Batam
Type: Spas
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Located just across from the Nagoya Hills Shopping Centre and The Hills Hotel, The Spa Secret is truly a one stop spa destination for the busy city dwellers to set their hectic minds away and unwind in coziness.We present only natural ingredients, the purest aromatherapy oils and premium herbs with the rituals and methods that have been proven to be the most effective physical and spiritual heals. From our Traditional Herbal Spa that uses uniquely Indonesian herb “Bali Boreh” to The Secret Wine Spa that uses grape for body scrub and red wine for bathe. Without a doubt, we are offering a wide variety of treatments you can choose from.Other in-house services and treatments offered include body massage treatments, foot spa, face treatments, manicure and pedicure, waxing, ear candling therapy and hair treatments.
Singapore
8 attraction reviews
“Would not recommend”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

Bought a 2 hr package but when we reached, was asked if we would like to top up $10 more for a 15 mins steam bath which they claim is not part of the package.

We were shortage as the whole process end in 2 hr.

The Massage Therapist is not attentive at all. they did not do a detail scrub for us. They just apply the scrub that it. For the spa i been to, the Massage Therapist will ask if we want to have the scrub on breast, this 1 they did not ask and just remove the towel and didnt bother to cover up again when i reject. they clean the scrub away using a towel and the substance of the scrub actually flew to my face.

they aircon is very cold and wat ever they do, they will just totally remove the towel and not part by part of the body. my friends all complaint abt it and all caught a cold after the massage.

The Massage Therapist should at least need to understand simple english e.g towel. They should have more passion in their job. The massage was not good at all. the pressure is just like they help you to apply lotion / oil.

It might not be the worst spa in the world but definitely the worst spa i been to.

I would not recommend to any 1 who have expectation on spa and if you are shy who is not really comfortable to bare your body all the time.

Visited May 2013

5 attraction reviews
“Very Good. Very relaxing massage.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

Went to the above spa with my collegues. Nice and quiet. Did a full body massage with top up for ear candling.
Unable to decide which full body massage to go for. Traditional, Coffee, Chocolate, Fruits, Wine Body massage. Spoilt for choice
English is poor but dont expect the people there to know fluent english. So Barely able to communicate simple ones like ok, pain , just nice. they know for massage but tell them air con too cold they dont understand.
Overall experience was fantastic. Will go again. After massage 3 hrs can go Nagoya Hill to go to supermarket.

Visited June 2013
Singapore, null, Singapore
5 attraction reviews
“relaxing spa!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

first time trying spa secret.. took one of the fruity spa package at SGD72 for 2.5 hrs.. includes massage, scrub, steam bath, jaccuzi bath and v-treatment. not bad.. we reached at 12plus and immediately they gave us a couple room.. the massage was normal.. not amazing but perhaps i preferred thai style massage.. :P but the whole package was quite relaxing... and the staff there are quite friendly... good place for a spa getaway with girlfriends!

Visited June 2013
“Refresh!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

Love it! The place is clean, staff are friendly and the most important of all is the masseues they are fantastic. I have been here twice and will be a regular customer if they maintain the standards.

Visited March 2013
Singapore, Singapore
“Honey Spa treatment - 2.5h package”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

While preparing for my Batam trip research, I chanced upon this spa place through trip advisor and even google.. Knowing it will be very hard to get the spa hours in walk-in, and not wanting to disappoint my darling; I sent online booking through this website, and wow, they responded sure fast.. through the days, I enquired questions and the personnel very helpful and responded quite prompty, about 2h response time for wkday..
Actual day itself, it is not that hard to locate this spa place, in fact is just opposite of Nagoya Hill Mall, for those staying in hotels like Novotel or The Hills will be in 5min walking distance. When we enter, the staff at the door bow, smile with the Bali greeting gesture (wow u hardly find that in singapore anymore).. Although, I have booked the chocolate spa treatment, they passed me the Menu so that I can read and enquire any doubts, I saw the Honey Spa treatment, although it is 1h shorter than the rest of the spa packages (fruits,Bali,Wine) etc, but omg, is really very shiok feeling!!! The staff let us changed into comfy slippers with our footwear locked, haha there were lockers provided for us to accommodate our backpacks and barang barang in the couple room itself. I like the toilet signboard outside (cheeky interesting).. Exterior of the couple room is as what I have researched, awesome, ambience nice with suitable lighting.. Our therapists prepared the spa ingredients, set up the massage beds/benches promptly.
1st treatment was the foot washing, we dipped out legs into the pails inside got those massage pebbles, comfy, water temperature just right.. Next is the body cleaning; the therapist is attentive to our needs (be it our old injuries, our body condition etc); they can communicate in English pretty well in terms of the massage scope..(I explain at the end of this review) ..My girl had a runny nose and the therapist adjusted the aircon and double confirmed with her.. The smell of the honey was lingering and they really used authentic honey, melt them and scrub onto our body. The sensation of the warm (is not scalding at all,is nice suitable temp) honey on my skin, awesome.. The massage techniques are different from Thai style and you can request the strength of the pressure exerted.. The body steam was pretty hot, make me sweat really alot but no pain no gain, I do read up before such treatment is gd for skin! Anyway the therapists are around to ensure our "evacuation" if we can't take the heat.. While we are in the small steam chambers, the therapists are also doing the cleaning up of the floor and change new mattress sheet to prepare for our next treatment, very considerate n service oriented! We were "polished" then given time to do Jacuzzi, shiok! Then we showered and my gf had the V-ratus treatment which meant to promote blood circulation for the ladies.. we had our Honey drink (comes in both warm and cold) too while I have my arm and leg massage! Later on.. my gf noticed she dropped her earring, and one of the staff accompany her to find! He even search the dustbin, omg, thumbs up Spa Secret!
Overall review (rating of 5 stars with 5 being best):
Service: 5!
Music: 3 (the Bali tradition music repeated and I am one who don't really like repetitive music, but later on the music did changed but then 1st impresion counts..)
Friendliness: 4.5!