“Honey Spa treatment - 2.5h package” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Spa Secret

The Spa Secret
Komp. Nagoya Garden Phase I | Blok D No. 1-2-3, Riau Islands Province, Indonesia
+62 778 423123
Website
Update attraction details
Ranked #2 of 22 activities in Batam
Type: Spas
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Located just across from the Nagoya Hills Shopping Centre and The Hills Hotel, The Spa Secret is truly a one stop spa destination for the busy city dwellers to set their hectic minds away and unwind in coziness.We present only natural ingredients, the purest aromatherapy oils and premium herbs with the rituals and methods that have been proven to be the most effective physical and spiritual heals. From our Traditional Herbal Spa that uses uniquely Indonesian herb “Bali Boreh” to The Secret Wine Spa that uses grape for body scrub and red wine for bathe. Without a doubt, we are offering a wide variety of treatments you can choose from.Other in-house services and treatments offered include body massage treatments, foot spa, face treatments, manicure and pedicure, waxing, ear candling therapy and hair treatments.
Singapore, Singapore
“Honey Spa treatment - 2.5h package”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

While preparing for my Batam trip research, I chanced upon this spa place through trip advisor and even google.. Knowing it will be very hard to get the spa hours in walk-in, and not wanting to disappoint my darling; I sent online booking through this website, and wow, they responded sure fast.. through the days, I enquired questions and the personnel very helpful and responded quite prompty, about 2h response time for wkday..
Actual day itself, it is not that hard to locate this spa place, in fact is just opposite of Nagoya Hill Mall, for those staying in hotels like Novotel or The Hills will be in 5min walking distance. When we enter, the staff at the door bow, smile with the Bali greeting gesture (wow u hardly find that in singapore anymore).. Although, I have booked the chocolate spa treatment, they passed me the Menu so that I can read and enquire any doubts, I saw the Honey Spa treatment, although it is 1h shorter than the rest of the spa packages (fruits,Bali,Wine) etc, but omg, is really very shiok feeling!!! The staff let us changed into comfy slippers with our footwear locked, haha there were lockers provided for us to accommodate our backpacks and barang barang in the couple room itself. I like the toilet signboard outside (cheeky interesting).. Exterior of the couple room is as what I have researched, awesome, ambience nice with suitable lighting.. Our therapists prepared the spa ingredients, set up the massage beds/benches promptly.
1st treatment was the foot washing, we dipped out legs into the pails inside got those massage pebbles, comfy, water temperature just right.. Next is the body cleaning; the therapist is attentive to our needs (be it our old injuries, our body condition etc); they can communicate in English pretty well in terms of the massage scope..(I explain at the end of this review) ..My girl had a runny nose and the therapist adjusted the aircon and double confirmed with her.. The smell of the honey was lingering and they really used authentic honey, melt them and scrub onto our body. The sensation of the warm (is not scalding at all,is nice suitable temp) honey on my skin, awesome.. The massage techniques are different from Thai style and you can request the strength of the pressure exerted.. The body steam was pretty hot, make me sweat really alot but no pain no gain, I do read up before such treatment is gd for skin! Anyway the therapists are around to ensure our "evacuation" if we can't take the heat.. While we are in the small steam chambers, the therapists are also doing the cleaning up of the floor and change new mattress sheet to prepare for our next treatment, very considerate n service oriented! We were "polished" then given time to do Jacuzzi, shiok! Then we showered and my gf had the V-ratus treatment which meant to promote blood circulation for the ladies.. we had our Honey drink (comes in both warm and cold) too while I have my arm and leg massage! Later on.. my gf noticed she dropped her earring, and one of the staff accompany her to find! He even search the dustbin, omg, thumbs up Spa Secret!
Overall review (rating of 5 stars with 5 being best):
Service: 5!
Music: 3 (the Bali tradition music repeated and I am one who don't really like repetitive music, but later on the music did changed but then 1st impresion counts..)
Friendliness: 4.5!
Massage techniques: 4
Ambiance: 4.8
Value for $: 4.2
Experience: 5!

Visited March 2013

Singapore, Singapore
“Go through motion, not terrible but not impressive either”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

Got a package at about SG$72.00. The massage was so so, basically juz going through the motion. The scrub and body mask was slightly uncomfortable as it feels cold touching your skin. Other than that, I also feel "'Busy" instead of relax LOL!

If massage is your thing, I had better experience at 'Manzu' (Habour Bay Mall) as I found them to be more skilled and used strength correctly. Nothing fanciful though, juz massage...

Visited February 2013
“Modern tropical experience of this town. Good value for money!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

From the design of the shopfront, to the various spa packages, we were impressed how the owner came up with all the brilliant ideas! For those who haven't visited before, Batam is a small town. Yet, the experience at this spa is no less than any in the neighbourhood countries. My girlfriends and I started off with a foot massage. The masseurs were very professional and hospitable. Then we went off for a honey spa package. Papaya, Chocolate, Red wine were also on the list of choices. The scrub session in the honey spa was truly rejuvenating, and massage was spot on! Putting all the wow factors aside, I rate a spa by the quality of service and attention to details of its staff. In the end, it is their hands that turns the owner's vision into reality. I've to say it was out of my imagination how a small town like this would have such exceptional, well-trained staff. I like how they anticipate your needs before you even have to ask. Shame I'm not based in Singapore, or I would have marked this my usual!

Visited January 2013
“Great experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

Got the spa package and couple room with a friend - Foot wash, head and body massage, body scrub, sauna, jacuzzi soak and shower before getting moisturised and served tea. Then headed to the salon to have my hair washed and blow-dried. My belongings were kept safe in a locker under my massage bed and the key used in a band to tie my hair.

A wonderful time with experienced masseurs and great ambience and products. You can give the salon a miss as the 'stylists' are only adequate. Despite a slight language barrier, I will definitely come back again for the spa.

Visited February 2013
57 attraction reviews
“reasonably priced”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

Very nice ambience with jacuzzi in room and reasonably priced. You should make an appointment beforehand as it can be packed especially over the weekend. Masseurs were professional and treatment was pampering. Suggest buying the 2.5h package. I will definitely go back again.

Visited January 2013