“Well trained, but not profesional” 3 of 5 stars
Review of The Spa Secret

The Spa Secret
Komp. Nagoya Garden Phase I | Blok D No. 1-2-3, Riau Islands Province, Indonesia
+62 778 423123
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #3 of 36 Spas & Wellness in Batam
More attraction details
Owner description: Located just across from the Nagoya Hills Shopping Centre and The Hills Hotel, The Spa Secret is truly a one stop spa destination for the busy city dwellers to set their hectic minds away and unwind in coziness.We present only natural ingredients, the purest aromatherapy oils and premium herbs with the rituals and methods that have been proven to be the most effective physical and spiritual heals. From our Traditional Herbal Spa that uses uniquely Indonesian herb “Bali Boreh” to The Secret Wine Spa that uses grape for body scrub and red wine for bathe. Without a doubt, we are offering a wide variety of treatments you can choose from.Other in-house services and treatments offered include body massage treatments, foot spa, face treatments, manicure and pedicure, waxing, ear candling therapy and hair treatments.
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Well trained, but not profesional”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

I visited the place as recommended, the skill was great- the location and facilities are top notched. Everything's great, but only the way they they excused herself during the massage was untimely, I was waiting for 15 mins. Well, just my luck :-(

• Indonesian first
Rome, Italy
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Very good experience. Will definitely return for more.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

I visited the spa with my husband during our day trip to Batam. We opted for the Balinese Aromatic Spa package which is a 2.5 hrs spa treatment. When we stepped into the spa, we were offered three choices of body scrubs to choose from. I picked the lavender & aloe vera which is supposedly good for sunburnt skin while hubby took the jasmine and green tea anti-aging scrub.

After making our selection, we were led to the treatment room (we had a couple's room) where two masseuses were waiting for us. We changed and the masseuses started the massage. The massage was good and comparable to other high-end spas I have been to. Following the massage was the body scrub. Perhaps my skin was more sensitive but I felt the masseuse used too much force at times and it was just a little bit painful and sore for me during the scrub.

After the scrub, we were led to sit inside 2 "steam boxes" for about 10 minutes. This was relaxing but the tiny hard wooden stool inside the "steam box" was not the most comfortable to sit on. This was followed by the masseuses slathering a yogurt cream all over us and we were left lying for about 10-15 minutes.

Finally, after all the massaging, scrubbing, steaming and polishing, we were ready for soaking in bubbles in the jacuzzi tub. This was the part I personally enjoyed the most and we did not move until the masseuses told us it was time to take a shower.

After the shower, before we got dressed, we were offered tea and cookies. Hubby got a neck and shoulder massage while I was asked to sit on a wooden box that has an opening on top with some kind of incense burning in a bowl inside the wooden box. I suppose this is some kind of local treatment for the ladies.

Overall, it was a very pleasant experience. The list price for a 2.5 hrs spa treatment is SGD 72. However, as we booked the spa through a travel agency, we paid only SGD 88 for the spa, city tour, lunch and ferry tickets. I would say we got a very value for money package from the travel agency. I will definitely return to try out the other spa treatments here.

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 41 helpful votes
“Worth the wait !”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012 via mobile

My friend and I had difficulty finding this place and so did the couple whom we shared a taxi to Nagoya Hills with. We didn't realise they were heading to the same place until 20 minutes later when we saw them crossing the busy road in front of Spa Secret. The location of the spa wasn't exactly opposite Nagoya Hills mall, you need to cross the road from the mall's lobby (where the fountain is). There is a big building under construction opposite the mall, continue walking past this and you will see The Hills hotel ahead. Need to cross another dangerously busy road to reach Spa Secret which is located next to this hotel. We made the mistake of exiting from the other lobby and that's when the frantic search started. Mind you, the sun was scorching and it wasn't fun crossing busy roads and zigzagging your way through throngs of people. It didn't help  that the locals we spoke to gave vague directions.

As we arrived late for our appointment, we were made to wait about 45 minutes which didn't please my friend and we kept up the pressure by checking with them every 10 minutes. As it was a Hari Raya Haji holiday, the spa seemed overcrowded with customers and I saw a few people turned away due to full house situation. I suggest first timers come without expectations, first of all this is no super fancy spa, pretty noisy at reception with some kind of a bar at the corner, limited seats for waiting and be prepared to sweat a bit as the air-con isn't strong. The spa is open to both men and women, I felt a little uncomfortable being flanked by groups of men waiting for their treatments. I kind of thought it had become a people-watching session as everyone who walked through the door were given the once-over by these men, including us! I guess this is what happens when the only thing to do while waiting is watch tv or people-watch. By the way, ginger tea is free and if you fancy other drinks at the bar, they are chargeable.

We chose a 2-hour aroma massage plus 30 minutes of ear candling. We girls were lucky to be given a couple room, I read some reviews here who got single rooms with only curtains separating each room hence the noise and lack of privacy. Lockers are provided below treatment beds to keep all your valuables, which is an excellent idea.

Anyway, suffice to say it was worth the  wait as the massage was A-mazing ! Probably due to the expertise of the masseuse.I got Lina, who is simply excellent with her pressure points. I'm pretty fussy about my neck, anyone who massages my sensitive neck well means it's going to be a job well done. Both of us were so pleased with our treatments that we tipped our masseuse 50,000 rupiah each (S$7). Can you believe the 2-hour aroma massage costs S$36 and ear candling S$14 per person ? I pay hundreds of dollars for that in Singapore!

Will definitely return, fingers crossed  they choose a good masseuse and nice room for me next time !

27 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 94 helpful votes
“Skillful masseurs but shortchanged”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

Booked a 1.5 hour Aroma Therapy massage session for 2 pax but it ended after an hour and 5 mins. This included the waiting time from the time we came in till the time the room was ready. So essentially, we paid for a 1.5 hour massage but got less than an hour worth of massage.

The saving grace was that the room was clean.

2/5 for skillful masseurs and clean room. Probably will not come back.

Singapore
40 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 68 helpful votes
“A sweet treat!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

Very pretty and calming ambience to do Spa. Reception staffs are friendly and welcoming but my masseuse looked stern. I tried the 3hrs Traditional Herbal Spa (cost S$72) and I loved it. Its considered expensive for Batam's standard but since its even more expensive than in Singapore, I would considered this a good deal!

Visited August 2012