“Poor hygiene, bad service” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Eska Wellness Spa Massage and Salon

Eska Wellness Spa Massage and Salon
Ruko Nagoya Hill Blok R4 F3 & F3A (West Entrance) | Mega Mall Batam Centre Level 2, Riau Islands Province 29444, Indonesia
+62 778 7493866, 7493906
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #10 of 35 Spas & Wellness in Batam
More attraction details
Owner description: Provides a head-to-toe spa experience with an extensive selection of treatments and therapies. ESKA offers a menu of pampering treats such as massages, manicure, pedicure, hair treatment only from the salon, facials with high end Japan Tech, eye treatment, ear candling, hydrotherapy treats, refreshing scrubs, body slimming program, permanent hair removal with PTF. Escape from the hustle and bustle of city life to a place of Essential, Soothing, Kindly and Ambience Tranquility.
Singapore, Singapore
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Poor hygiene, bad service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

I tried their pedicure service. A guy brought me to my seat where I found a small cockroach crawling in the basin. I requested to change seats as I didn't want to share my foot soak with a cockroach. On top of that, the therapist didn't sterilize the cuticle remover and the foot file before use. Then she left me at the final step, application of nail polish which could have been completed in 5 mins, to attend to another customer who came in later than me. Apparently the latter was the friend of a regular customer. The therapist said that there will be someone else coming to do the nail color.

After awhile, there was still no one. I decided to leave when another therapist went to help the same lady to do her manicure instead of completing my pedicure and placed her tools on the arm rest of my seat. Then the counter lady decided that she should immediately assigned someone to color my nails and even promised to apply quick dry top coat to make up for my lost time. However, I caught the therapist eye signalling the counter lady. In the end, no quick dry was used. So we know what went through between the two.

Overall bad experience and not worth visiting for pedicure service. I'm not sure about the other services but I'm not going back to try them.

Visited June 2013

• Indonesian first
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Massage, hair cream bath & pedicure”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

Arrange for free pick up from Batam Ferry Centre. Driver was ok, no complains there.
We had actually pre-booked our sessions via email. But when we reached there, my girlfriend who had originally booked a S$8 hair cream bath was told that this was not available and she had to choose another type of cream bath that would cost S$10 more!
I suspect this was to cover the "free" transport that they gave us.

Aromatherapy massage was not fantastic and I did not smell any aroma at all. More like a normal oil massage.

Pedicure cost S$22 but only normal scrubbing of the feet. I have gone for better ones where they really scrape the sole with razor. Here it is pretty ordinary.

Price is much too high for this area. Better to try other nearby salon which advertised a much lower price for all services.

Will not return cos I think they are out to fleece tourists.

11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“There are other alternatives.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

After reading about this place, decided to try it. Overall experience is not that fantastic. Pricing is a tad on the high side, considering the numbers of competitors around the vicinity. Masseuse tends to be younger women.

Visited June 2013
Singapore River, Singapore
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“So far soooooo good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

Me and my wife like to go ESKA evrytime when we go to Batam for short trip.
We always book our appointment in the aftenoon (2pm batam time) for a 4 to 5 hours session of massage,foot reflex, facial ,ear candling,medi n pedi and hair spa for my wife (S$200 included 10% tax).If you want GOOD spa w/o any disappointment, try going there early during the weekend & holiday or anytime during weekdays. Remarks: If you want good foot reflexology look for Jelly or Afif. Sure Very Shiok man...........

16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 57 helpful votes
“Review”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

We wanted to book a spa session @ the Spa Secret but was fully booked for the period. So we had decided to give ESKA a try since it's also recommended too.

We booked a couple spa at 3pm and arranged for the transport to fetch us at 10am from the hotel to Nagoya Hills. The driver is friendly and punctual. When we reached ESKA, we paid RP100,000 to get the service voucher, this is to safeguard that we don't go missing in Nagoya Hills. At 2:45pm, we arrived at the shop and proceeded to Level 2. A lady (which i assume is the lady boss or supervisor) led us to the 2-person room and took our service card. From 3pm, we waited till 3:30pm nobody came in. My partner get dressed and went out to look for any staff. The massager do not know how to speak English so she helped to find a chinese staff to talk to us. She requested for our service voucher but we can't produce since it has been taken away. It seems like nobody knows there is 2 person in that room waiting for their spa to get started. The staff went to check and at 3:45pm, we finally start our spa.

The massager I had is quite okay. The pressure is good but I didn't feel relaxed after the session. My partner said his massager's pressure is too light. Although he have requested to have the pressure more, it is still light. My partner is not overweight.

The body scrub and mask seems to be quite good. The skin felt smooth and fairer. Then we are told to have Jacuzzi for 25 minutes, then proceed to bath. When the massager left the room, the jacuzzi is not on, we find the switch and turned it on. The jacuzzi tub is not really spacious. Exactly at 25 minutes, the staff came in to serve us ginger tea but we have not bath. 10 minutes later, the staff came in again to ask whether we are ready. And then again 5-10 minutes later. I felt being "rushed". They have started the spa late and now this. The V Riatus is for ladies only. For other spa companies, this routine is about 15 minutes. I can't verify on this since it's our first time to have massage in Batam. For ours, it's about 5 minutes.

I don't know whether we will visit ESKA again but the price is slightly cheaper than other reputable spa companies in Batam. The price quoted is excluding taxes. When you pay, expect 10% more than the quoted price. Nevertheless, we still give the 2 massagers tips. As we only saw one of them, we gave it to her and told her to pass her partner's share to her.