“Don't go for the hair or nail services” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Eska Wellness Spa Massage and Salon

Eska Wellness Spa Massage and Salon
Ruko Nagoya Hill Blok R4 F3 & F3A (West Entrance), Riau Islands Province, Indonesia
+62 778 7493866
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #23 of 42 Activities in Batam
More attraction details
Owner description: Provides a head-to-toe spa experience with an extensive selection of treatments and therapies. ESKA offers a menu of pampering treats such as massages, manicure, pedicure, hair treatment only from the salon, facials with high end Japan Tech, eye treatment, ear candling, hydrotherapy treats, refreshing scrubs, body slimming program, permanent hair removal with PTF. Escape from the hustle and bustle of city life to a place of Essential, Soothing, Kindly and Ambience Tranquility.
Singapore
12 attraction reviews
“Don't go for the hair or nail services”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

My 2nd time to this place since the massage and manicure were not too bad on my first visit. Wanted to do some hair treatment so the lady boss was recommending the hair spa+mani/pedi package. Totally disappointed with the hair treatment, my hair didnt felt anything like it had gone through treatment, worse than using just a normal hair conditional. They were rushing through my nails while I was doing the hair treatment, had bubbles formed underneath the layers of polish. Had to go home and apply another layer of shimmers to conceal those unsightly bubbles.

Only the massage was good and reasonably priced.

Visited April 2013

• Indonesian first
Singapore, Singapore
“Great!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

Simply fantastic experience. We've booked a 3-hour spa which ended almost too quickly! Service was great, body felt good after that. Will definitely recommend.

Visited March 2013
“worth to visit again”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

service is good, i love their outdoor spa where we can have full view of starry sky while enjoying the jacuzzi.. and the price is reasonable too..

singapore
3 attraction reviews
“Not worth wasting time here”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

This visit will be our last. On average, we pay about S$28-$32 for a pedi in Spore. At Eska, expect to pay about S$25 (depending on exchange rate). So it's not exactly cheap. We did the classic mani & pedi. The mani/pedicurists hurried through the process, layering on multiple -coats of nail polish at 1 go, without allowing some time in between to air dry each layer. They were done within half an hour. Afterwhich, we were left to sit on the couch with the dryer. Though we spent a considerable amount of time drying our nails under the dryer, the polish did not dry evenly. We noticed tiny air-bubbles underneath the polish and due to the multiple coats that were not dried thoroughly, the polish appeared caked and easily scratched. I had a male pedicurist, when I accidentally scratched a finger against the edge of the dryer, he did not volunteer to re-do tat nail, instead he touch up with alittle thinner, which appeared less than perfect. If you expect better, spend your money where you get better value. Not worth wasting time here.

Visited December 2012
Singapore
“Really bad service - Do not go”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

1. We only had an hour in Eska and we told them that and they ensured us that the classic Mani and Pedi would take 45 mins, however they took more then an hour. We asked them many times again during our Mani and Pedi, but they told us not to worry so we trusted them. In the end we nearly missed our ferry! Thanx ESKA...

2. During the Mani and Pedi, the lady helping me kept on pestering me to upgrade my classic Mani and Pedi to Gelish and French. Like seriously... We are already running out of time and I feel that they just wanna earn out money and did not care if we make our ferry or not.

3. The Pedi was horrible!!! They scrapped my heels till it bled, on both feet. Right heel was worse with 3 open wound now. I had difficulty walking and had to place more weight on the front of my foot and right now this area is getting more and more worn out with the constant friction. Now my whole foot hurts! GPCT - Got picture, Can talk

4. This happened to my one of my travel buddy. She had the one with the least experience and ended up with a bleeding big toe. The Pedicurist actually took a chunk off her big toe when they were clipping off her dead skin. After that, they cleverly soak it in the filthy water where she had cleaned her feet. Because I knew Some Malay, I heard my fren's Pedicurist telling the boss that it was just a small cut. The newbie pedicurist also file her nails too short and my friend felt abrasion on all her fingers as she filed her fingernails. In the end, my friend's manicurist had her colleague helped her as she could not paint my fren's nails properly and had to redo her badly done job.

This will be my last time going there. For spa, Isabella is a better choice and they are more flexible with their free transport, unlike Eska which limits which hotel they will do pick-up from.

Visited January 2013