“REGRET” 2 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
“REGRET”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

Our first Day Trip to Batam and we had only one lunch to experience and I wished we could have gone to a restaurant in one of the resorts.( but our driver told us we could not enter Hotel/ Resorts since we are not guests ). It is a huge open air restaurant with red plastic chairs and plastic flowers.I was expecting sea view - yes it is over water but fish farm. Fortunately the breeze was good or at least where our table was located. Service was very slow and at one point I had to get up myself and hunted for spoons and forks to cut our bony oily ikan bakar fish since none of the dishes came with serving spoons. As I just discovered a minute ago-written by others- the Butter prawns are so small and sooooooo oily and cooked with all their shells. In fact all dishes are very oily, fried rice was tasteless. The only good thing ( after 15 minutes wait )was the Coconut drink came in huge young green coconuts, bigger than in Singapore. Waitresses were not friendly and tend to forward our oder to another. They even talked about us in their Padang mixed Malay dialect not knowing that I speak both. Arrrgh please don't waste your time here- I am sure Batam has a lot to offer. Total Lunch ( three of us with driver) 430,000 rupiah.

• Visited October 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

37% Recommend
  • Indonesian first
Spring, Texas
“kind of disappointed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

Nice atmosphere over the water. But that's as far as it went. Sluggish wait staff, uninspired seafood entrees with too many bones and shells to contend with. Wanted to like this restaurant. Maybe just came at a bad time.

Visited September 2012
“lousy”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

too expensive and the food sucks!!! i wont go back the staff is not friendly at all. I dont understand why ppl come here to eat

Visited August 2012
Singapore, Singapore
“Very Pricey, Average food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

I guess the title of my review says it all. Its expensive and it isnt fantastic. Overrated I must say. Try to avoid this place and look for seafood elsewhere.
Not the kind of money you would want to spend on food when you are in Indonesia.

• Visited January 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“What a small prawn for butter prawn”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012 via mobile

Almost all taxi drivers will recommend you this. As it was my first visit, I had no choice but to believe.

The food was fresh, no doubt. And that was rhe only good thing about the food I guess. The recipe was just okay... nothing excellent.

And quite expensive!

They served us butter prawn with size no larger than what usually found in fried noodles.

Won't come again