“One of the better seafood place in batam” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Chinese, Seafood, Asian, Indonesian
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Singapore, Singapore
“One of the better seafood place in batam”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

Rezeki is one of the better seafood restaurant in batam altough the seafood selectio nis not a lot. Nice ambience on a kelong in a kamoung area. Like it because it is not so touristy n has reasonably good food. Chinese owned.

The calamari is v nice and we order the usual pepper crab, scallops, gong gong and orange juice

Visited December 2012

• Indonesian first
Singapore, null, Singapore
“my review”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

a lot of variety, nice view. taste wise so so...price not as cheap as I expected. should ask the cost before make an order.

Visited January 2013
Las Terrenas, Dominican Republic
“Great food, great price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

Went to eat here 2 times, and going back for sure.
Great choice in all kinds of seafood, there are no prices on the menu, but that doesnt matter cos its not expensive at all. Location is near the sea which i love, No fancy chairs and stuff, just yummie tasty food. There is good friendly service and the called a cab for us when we were finished eating. I'll put some pictures with this, cos i dont remember the names of all the different dishes we had, but i especially loved the fried baby squid ;D

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Singapore
“Too far...but damn cheap”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

I decided to drag my boyfriend to this restaurant after reading several positive reviews here on Tripadvisor. Yes, I am at addict when it comes to making sure you get the best deal.

We were staying at Batam Centre Harris Hotel. Yes, Batam Centre. And it wasn't near at all. Took a half an hour cab ride to this restaurant at night, which was located at the far end of some residential area. Halfway through the journey, my boyfriend decided to check with the taxi driver if there's any cabs to take us back to the hotel. "No", he said. Oopppss..

There was not many people at the restaurant, perhaps because it has yet to be as popular with Golden Prawn? We had sweet and sour fish, lemon chicken and veg dishes. Couldn't take more as boyfriend was super sick.I was expecting the fish to wow me, at least but unfortunately it didnt taste fresh. Lemon chicken was a disappointment. Perhaps they specialise in crabs and other seafood "with shell" dishes. All 3 dishes cost us only about $15, which is really cheap nonetheless.

But the cost of the taxi ride to this restaurant ..S$30 for a return trip (plus waiting) is just not worth it.

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Singapore, Singapore
“Fresh seafood at reasonable prices”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012 via mobile

A must-go restaurant for my friends and I for all our future Batam trips. I was there last month but unfortunately it was closed during a public holiday. We were very happy to be able to sample fresh seafood at Rezeki yesterday afternoon. I suggest going there for lunch as the scenery is beautiful and calming. Choose a seat overlooking the water, what a treat for the eyes. Do come with an empty stomach, the gentle sea breeze will fan your appetite.

The drive to rezeki from Nagoya is about 40 minutes. Best to hire a driver for a whole day (the going rate is SGD50-60) which is much cheaper than taking taxis.

To my consternation, the Rezeki menu came without prices. I don't really like establishments that don't put up prices as I don't like surprises when it's time to pay up. The first thing I asked was the price of crab per kg. I use this as a measure all the time to gauge on restaurant prices. The waitress said 200,000 rupiah or USD20 - cheap by Singapore standards. Our total bill for four persons came up to around SGD120, which I reckon is quite reasonable. We ordered 1kg black pepper crab, 1kg chilli crab, cereal prawns, gong gong, steamed fish, hotplate tofu, Kailan in oyster sauce and some cold drinks and juices including my must-have avocado juice. My personal favourites were the black pepper crab (generously cooked with garlic), cereal prawns (small prawns but crunchy and yummy - eat them with the shell except the heads) and steamed fish (very fresh). Didn't quite like the taste of the chilli crab, the gravy was a bit sweet, more tomato than chilli so we didn't finish it, what a waste. No chilli crab for me next time, will try steamed crab instead. My mouth is salivating just thinking about it!

Can't wait to be back!!!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere