“Fresh seafood at reasonable prices” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Indonesian
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Singapore, Singapore
“Fresh seafood at reasonable prices”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012 via mobile

A must-go restaurant for my friends and I for all our future Batam trips. I was there last month but unfortunately it was closed during a public holiday. We were very happy to be able to sample fresh seafood at Rezeki yesterday afternoon. I suggest going there for lunch as the scenery is beautiful and calming. Choose a seat overlooking the water, what a treat for the eyes. Do come with an empty stomach, the gentle sea breeze will fan your appetite.

The drive to rezeki from Nagoya is about 40 minutes. Best to hire a driver for a whole day (the going rate is SGD50-60) which is much cheaper than taking taxis.

To my consternation, the Rezeki menu came without prices. I don't really like establishments that don't put up prices as I don't like surprises when it's time to pay up. The first thing I asked was the price of crab per kg. I use this as a measure all the time to gauge on restaurant prices. The waitress said 200,000 rupiah or USD20 - cheap by Singapore standards. Our total bill for four persons came up to around SGD120, which I reckon is quite reasonable. We ordered 1kg black pepper crab, 1kg chilli crab, cereal prawns, gong gong, steamed fish, hotplate tofu, Kailan in oyster sauce and some cold drinks and juices including my must-have avocado juice. My personal favourites were the black pepper crab (generously cooked with garlic), cereal prawns (small prawns but crunchy and yummy - eat them with the shell except the heads) and steamed fish (very fresh). Didn't quite like the taste of the chilli crab, the gravy was a bit sweet, more tomato than chilli so we didn't finish it, what a waste. No chilli crab for me next time, will try steamed crab instead. My mouth is salivating just thinking about it!

Can't wait to be back!!!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

• Indonesian first
Singapore
“Fresh seafood ~!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

My first trip here after reading the reviews. Location was a little far but no regrets coming here for a fresh seafood lunch which is really affordable. There were 8 of us and we ordered 6 dishes, including crabs and gong gong. I think our total bill is less than S$100 and i instantly regreted not ordering more crabs haha..

• Visited October 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Singapore, Singapore
“Good and cheap seafood, relaxing environment...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

Rezeki Restaurant is situated at an extreme end of Batam, right on the coast and next to a Kampong. As such, transportation might be a problem (we struck a deal with our taxi driver and got him to wait around so as to ferry us back to the hotel after our meal). Quality of food was pretty good, especially the scallops and black pepper crab! Price was decent too -- hubby and I had chilli crab, black pepper crab, garlic scallops, fried calamari, kang kung, rice and drinks for about S$50.

Visited September 2012
Singapore, null, Singapore
“Simply Awesome Seafood~”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

Just came back from batam yesterday from a 3d2n short holiday with my friends. Went to Rezeki during the 2nd day and were amazed with the cheap & delicious food they offered. We ordered a plate of boiled gong gong, chilli crab (!must try!), Ikan Asam Pedas (!must try!), steam clam, kangkung belacan, lemon chicken & 2 plates of fried sotong accompanied with 2X fresh coconuts and 3X home-made lime juice. This is the online menu for Rezeki, exactly the same you will find in Rezeki restaurant in batam (http://rezekiseafood.com/menu.html). The bill came around SG$120 for a total of 5 pax which is imposible to find in Singapore. It is really a must visit destination if you were to come to batam for seafood and i must thank my bro 'Chandrana' for recommending me to this place...

• Visited August 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Singapore, Singapore
“Excellent seafood and value for money”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

Love the freshness of the seafood and the value for money

Visited July 2012