“Clean and spacious hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Harris Hotel Batam Center

Save Saved
You added Harris Hotel Batam Center to your Saves list
Harris Hotel Batam Center
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Jl. Engku Putri, Riau Islands Province 29641, Indonesia   |
Ranked #2 of 64 hotels in Batam
Singapore
“Clean and spacious hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

Stay for a 2d1 trip at batam, request for a connecting rooms with double and 2 single bed and was given what i wanted, gd service. The package comes with a lunch at the hotel but we can't choose, it was fixed menu. That was a minus point.

Rooms was spacious and clean but the bathroom looks quite "tired". Was given a seaview room, nice! The location of the hotel is just great, 5-7 mins walk to ferry terminal/mega mall. Nice spread of BF, will return!

Room Tip: Request for a seaview room
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
General Manager H, General Manager at Harris Hotel Batam Center, responded to this review, October 20, 2013
Dear Valued Guest Chase 1979,

Thank you very much for your input which has been shared with our Players.

Our housekeeping really appreciated your notification about the cleanliness of the property. Kindly be informed we actually have a team which is fully dedicated to renovate and refresh everyday one of our 171, and then to deliver you a better service day after day.

Dear Valued Guest Chase 1979, thank you for your time, I wish you an excellent day ahead.

398 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Singapore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

We checked in on 13th Oct, just for one night stay. The check-in took quite a while, and we were given room#217. First of all, the aircon wasnt cold, even after turning to below 20 degrees, however since its only for a night stay, we didnt want to complain. The hotel should be relatively new however it doesnt looked new to me.
The service given by Christian was average, not especially good.
Secondly, we asked for a cab in the evening to Nagoya mall and was charged 65,000, which was very expensive, as the charges from Nagoya mall back to Harris by a meter cab cost only 35,000. It was almost 50% higher, i was really shocked since normally hotels shouldnt charge at such high rate for cabs, as the reason we called for a cab from the hotel is to avoid over charged cabbies, i seriously think Harris should look into this issue!
Therefore please avoid taking cabs from Harris if possible unless you dont mind paying! :(
The only positive thing is the location of Harris since its within walking distance from the ferry terminal and Megamall.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
General Manager H, General Manager at Harris Hotel Batam Center, responded to this review, October 16, 2013
Dear Valued Guest Karrine L.

Thank you very much for your constructive comment, it will be shared with all our Players.
We definitely consider the inconvenience you experienced with our property.

Kindly be informed our Engineering department took proper action regarding AC issue you encountered for your stay with us.

Regarding the taxi issue, unfortunately, the Taxi Association working around the hotel is not under HARRIS management, and in any case, the rate apply to the guest is based on our decision.

Next time you come to Batam or in our property, i would recommend you to come to our reception to assist you on this request.

Dear Valued Guest Karrine L., thank you again for your time and input, i wish you an excellent day ahead.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

New hotel with young service people everywhere. Excellent hotel and a wonderful clean experience. I like the refreshing orange corporate color. Very convenient to get a cab as there are taxis everywhere. Morning or afternoon taxi charges about 30,000 to 40,000 idr. Add about 20,000 idr for evening taxis. Will stay there again.

Room Tip: Upper floor has very nice view. Mine was facing the sea & the view was excellent. Water pressure...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
General Manager H, General Manager at Harris Hotel Batam Center, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
Dear Valued Guest Cheefah,

Thank you very much for your " vibrant " input and time.
We are more than glad to read you appreciated the young energy of our Players and a pleasant experience in our property.

From all the HARRIS Hotel Batam Center Players we will be more than glad to welcome you for your next stay in Batam.

Dear Valued Guest Cheefah, thank you again for your review, i wish you an excellent afternoon ahead.

" HARRISly Yours "

4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

It was a last minute trip to Batam, when I stumbled upon Harris hotel at Booking.com website. I had allways wanted to stay at this hotel & was not disappointed with my recent experience. Upon checking in, was ushered to lounge sofa & was offered a refreshing drink & some "home made cookies" which I did enjoy. An I-pad was used for checking in guest which did impress me as it was fast & efficient. Room was very clean, neat & tidy. Basically it lived to my high expectations. All was fine during my 3 days stay at Harris hotel. But upon checking in for my ferry ride back to S'pore, was shocked that info my boarding pass was wrongly printed! Apparently one of the front office staff did a grave mistake on my departure date & that explains why I was in a fix. Immediately I returned back to the front office & explain my case. The front office manager handled my complaint in a very professional manner. In due of his staff's mistake, I was offered a complimentary lunch & also a shuttle back to Batam centre. That whole episode really did impressed me in how they turned a bad mistake into a pleasent one!
In conclusion I do recommend Harris hotel for it's location, convenience, value for money & most importantly service. Cheers!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
General Manager H, General Manager at Harris Hotel Batam Center, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
Dear Valued Guest Ashley,

Thank you for your time and sharing your review with us.

We are more than pleased to read you enjoyed your stay with us. Kindly be informed my front office manager has been delighted to be informed about your surprise when actions have been taken by the management to guarantee your good stay despite of the incident regarding the Ferry Harbour ticket incident.

Dear Valued Guest Ashley, we are more than pleased to see you decided to come again our property, and all HARRIS Hotel Batam Center Players will be more than glad to welcome you again for your next visit in Batam.

" HARRISly Yours "

4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013 via mobile

My hubby n I were there on 26th to 27th sep. I've informed them that its our wedding anniversary n requested for early check in. Wow! Not only did they did that, they also surprised my hubby n I at the lobby with a cake while we were waiting for a cab to drive us to our spa place. Kudos to all at Harris! Great service. My hubby is full of praise to the marketing team n all at the hotel.

great pizza they've got too. Fantastic location too, with the ferry terminal next to it n megamall diagonally opposite.

We would love to bring our 3 year old along for our next trip but we note that there is no children's pool n their rooms are not equipped with bathtub. Do please consider having these. Im sure it will b inviting to most families if you hv such facilities.

On the restaurant part, please consider employing more staff that are serviced oriented like the young waiter that served us with a smile throughout our whole meal. Compared with another waitress, who didnt help us pour out our drinks, didn't provide us with utensils for our pasta, this young waiter really deserves our thumbs up. He was very professional compared to the rest who only thinks about rushing to do closing for the day.

overall, still a great stay! Recommend hotel to all! ;)

• Stayed September 2013
General Manager H, General Manager at Harris Hotel Batam Center, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Dear Valued Guest Cin_Fab_JJ,

Thank you very much for your time and constructive comment, we are more than pleased to read you will " stay here again". Kindly be ensure your input has been shared with all our Players.

Our Chef and FnB manager have been delighted to read you deeply appreciated the pizza and attentive staff during your meal in our restaurant.

Dear Valued Guest Cin_Fab_JJ, thank you again for review, from all the HARRIS Hotel Batam Center we will be more than pleased to welcome you again for your next in venue in Batam.

I wish you a great day ahead.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

INTRO: I went for a weekend stay in the hotel from 22-23 Sept. Entering the place, there was a tbudget hotel setup feeling. But after staying I found that the place was well ran, deserving its good ratings given by Trip Advisors fellow reviews.

BEDSHEET CLEALINESS: Good

STAFF: Able to converse in English. Very friendly and willing to help you.

AIRCON: It’s working and adjustable. You could tune for it to be cooling.

SHOWER: No bathtub. A decent shower area. The warm water able to get hot quickly and was very decent. My toilet door was slightly spoilt, with problem for me. But I can live with it, so did not flag it up.

LIGHTS: Fairly light room

WIFI: There was free wifi given in the lobby and room. But in the room, my phone wasn’t able to get a connection of the wifi, while those of my friends could. No such issue in the lobby.
TV CHANNELS: All the local Singapore channels and some standard international channels (i.e. CNN, HBO)

SAFEBOX: Available.

BATHROBE: Not Available

BREAKFAST BUFFET: It appeared like normal local dishes. Upon tasting, realised its quite nice. While the entire area appeared plain, I felt that efforts were made in the breakfast and breakfast area. Attention was given to place the croissants in oven to keep warm. There was an attractive cart store giving specially coconut made dessert. There was another cart store mixing different choices of drinks upon request that supposingly replenished your body needs. It’s like a “snake-oil” store. The hotel also made the special effort to provide freshly made juices (water-melon, honey dew)
Personally I am appreciative of the efforts made by the management to make the breakfast nice and area attractive. Its a good experience for the guests as buffet breakfast was a common area for everyone.

ROOM SERVICE: It was very prompt. At 11pm, I notice I did not have the menu in my room. Upon checking with room service line, the menu was quickly brought to my room within 10 min. No hassle. The food was also decent and promptly served.
(If you were going for pizza, its mainly from 10am – 10 pm. I tried the pizza as lunch and its quite nice.)

MASSAGE: Did not try

SWIMMING POOL: It was about 20 meters longs and 1.15 meters deep. The water was Very Clean. I saw one of their staff cleaning on the pool too.

LOCATION: Its Right Next to Batam Ferry Terminal Center. To walk over would be about3-5 minutes. Opposite the hotel was the Mega Mall Batam Center (MBC). Its also 3-5 minutes from the hotel. Within the MBC, you can find A&W, Pizza Hut, KFC, Starbucks and supermarket. This was one of the prime location as its highly accessible to the ferry.

The hotel offered BEST prime location for friends or couple who likely to bunk in the room and enjoy Batam with minimum shopping. Of course if you want to go for in-depth shopping, staying in Nagoya Hill itself might be an alternative. Or you can get there in a cab within 10 minutes. (I did not try on this trip, so cannot comment further).

CONCLUSION: Me and my friends agreed that the hotel has Earned its highly rated rankings in Trip Advisor. Whenver something’s lacking, the hotel staff made it up with friendly and prompt services rendered. Even if some of them seemed slightly novice, you can feel that all the staff were willing to listen and help on your requests. This was a 4 basic stars hotel with a good 5 stars services. The overall packages would put alot of other hotels to shame. I would give it a high 4 stars rating and would return to stay again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
General Manager H, General Manager at Harris Hotel Batam Center, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
Dear Valued Guest Sands_Traveller,

Thank you very much for your positive comment and time about your second stay in HARRIS Hotel Batam Center.

I more than pleased your input has been shared with all the HARRIS Hotel Batam Center Players. We are glad to read you noticed the effort which has been provided by the FnB team for our breakfast, our motto based on the Healthy Lifetsyle pushed actually all our FnB offer to move toward fresher and better product.

Dear Valued Guest Sands_Traveller, thank you again for your review, I will be more than pleased to meet you personally for your next venue in Batam.

Singapore, null, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

I visited Harris Hotel Batam Centre when they were newly opened, about a year ago. However, the good impression of the hotel still lingers in my mind... and here I am sharing with you my good experiences! What attracted me to that hotel was the newly set-up hotel which looked clean, fresh and tidy. Upon reaching the ferry terminal, I was pleased to find out that the hotel is just a mere 5 minutes walk from the ferry terminal. No extra cost required to travel to your hotel!

Checking in - I went in a group of 10 and the checking in was a breeze. While we waited to check in, they served cold cocktail drinks at the hotel. Lively music was also playing in the background.

Hotel room - The hotel rooms were just like how we have seen in the photos! They were clean, big and spacious. It was also great that they had free wifi throughout the hotel! The network coverage for the wifi was also strong.

Environment - After chilling out in your hotel, you can walk over to the megamall which is located just opposite the hotel. That saves you some money from taking Taxi to go for meals or to shop. Lots of restaurants and shops were located at the shopping centre.

Facilities - The next morning, we went down for breakfast. There was a wide variety of food and the breakfast atmosphere was lively. The staff were very cheery welcoming us in the morning. What surprises us was, halfway through the breakfast, all the staff broke into a 'flashmob' and started dancing for us during breakfast time! It was really an impressive moment! After which, we went for a swim. However, due to the location of the pool being sheltered by the hotel building, you will not be able to do any tanning at the pool as the sunlight will be covered by the building. This results in the pool being very cold! We were all shivering through the swim. But it's a nice place to chill and relax while looking out to the sea, just infront of the pool.

Although it's been about a year since I have visited the hotel, I hope it is still as good as what it was when it started out. It is really a convenient location to go to, especially for a 2 Day 1 Night fuss-free getaway from Singapore. I will surely go back to Harris Hotel at Batam Centre the next time I visit Batam! :D

Room Tip: Choose a room on the high floor with the view facing the sea! It gives you awesome sea view and a go...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Dear valued Guest Shirloves,

Thank you for your " awesome " review, and taking time to express your stay with us.

As hotelier, it is always a deep satisfaction to read a very positive review, which has been shared with all our Players.

Our chef really appreciated your special notice about our breakfast, HARRIS Hotel becoming a HealthyLifestyle Ambassador, we work every day to make your stay with us as a Unique experience.

Dear Valued Guest Shirloves, thank you again for your comment, I will be more than pleased to meet you personally again for your next stay with us.

HARRISly yours,

Benjamin Castel

Been to Harris Hotel Batam Center? Share your experiences!