“Good hotel with excellance service” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Harris Hotel Batam Center

Save Saved
You added Harris Hotel Batam Center to your Saves list
Harris Hotel Batam Center
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Jl. Engku Putri, Riau Islands Province 29641, Indonesia   |
Offers & Announcements
FREE BREAKFAST FOR 2
Ranked #2 of 68 hotels in Batam
Singapore, Singapore
“Good hotel with excellance service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

It was a last minute trip to Batam, when I stumbled upon Harris hotel at Booking.com website. I had allways wanted to stay at this hotel & was not disappointed with my recent experience. Upon checking in, was ushered to lounge sofa & was offered a refreshing drink & some "home made cookies" which I did enjoy. An I-pad was used for checking in guest which did impress me as it was fast & efficient. Room was very clean, neat & tidy. Basically it lived to my high expectations. All was fine during my 3 days stay at Harris hotel. But upon checking in for my ferry ride back to S'pore, was shocked that info my boarding pass was wrongly printed! Apparently one of the front office staff did a grave mistake on my departure date & that explains why I was in a fix. Immediately I returned back to the front office & explain my case. The front office manager handled my complaint in a very professional manner. In due of his staff's mistake, I was offered a complimentary lunch & also a shuttle back to Batam centre. That whole episode really did impressed me in how they turned a bad mistake into a pleasent one!
In conclusion I do recommend Harris hotel for it's location, convenience, value for money & most importantly service. Cheers!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
General Manager H, General Manager at Harris Hotel Batam Center, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
Dear Valued Guest Ashley,

Thank you for your time and sharing your review with us.

We are more than pleased to read you enjoyed your stay with us. Kindly be informed my front office manager has been delighted to be informed about your surprise when actions have been taken by the management to guarantee your good stay despite of the incident regarding the Ferry Harbour ticket incident.

Dear Valued Guest Ashley, we are more than pleased to see you decided to come again our property, and all HARRIS Hotel Batam Center Players will be more than glad to welcome you again for your next visit in Batam.

" HARRISly Yours "

473 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013 via mobile

My hubby n I were there on 26th to 27th sep. I've informed them that its our wedding anniversary n requested for early check in. Wow! Not only did they did that, they also surprised my hubby n I at the lobby with a cake while we were waiting for a cab to drive us to our spa place. Kudos to all at Harris! Great service. My hubby is full of praise to the marketing team n all at the hotel.

great pizza they've got too. Fantastic location too, with the ferry terminal next to it n megamall diagonally opposite.

We would love to bring our 3 year old along for our next trip but we note that there is no children's pool n their rooms are not equipped with bathtub. Do please consider having these. Im sure it will b inviting to most families if you hv such facilities.

On the restaurant part, please consider employing more staff that are serviced oriented like the young waiter that served us with a smile throughout our whole meal. Compared with another waitress, who didnt help us pour out our drinks, didn't provide us with utensils for our pasta, this young waiter really deserves our thumbs up. He was very professional compared to the rest who only thinks about rushing to do closing for the day.

overall, still a great stay! Recommend hotel to all! ;)

• Stayed September 2013
General Manager H, General Manager at Harris Hotel Batam Center, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Dear Valued Guest Cin_Fab_JJ,

Thank you very much for your time and constructive comment, we are more than pleased to read you will " stay here again". Kindly be ensure your input has been shared with all our Players.

Our Chef and FnB manager have been delighted to read you deeply appreciated the pizza and attentive staff during your meal in our restaurant.

Dear Valued Guest Cin_Fab_JJ, thank you again for review, from all the HARRIS Hotel Batam Center we will be more than pleased to welcome you again for your next in venue in Batam.

I wish you a great day ahead.

HARRISly Yours,

4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

INTRO: I went for a weekend stay in the hotel from 22-23 Sept. Entering the place, there was a tbudget hotel setup feeling. But after staying I found that the place was well ran, deserving its good ratings given by Trip Advisors fellow reviews.

BEDSHEET CLEALINESS: Good

STAFF: Able to converse in English. Very friendly and willing to help you.

AIRCON: It’s working and adjustable. You could tune for it to be cooling.

SHOWER: No bathtub. A decent shower area. The warm water able to get hot quickly and was very decent. My toilet door was slightly spoilt, with problem for me. But I can live with it, so did not flag it up.

LIGHTS: Fairly light room

WIFI: There was free wifi given in the lobby and room. But in the room, my phone wasn’t able to get a connection of the wifi, while those of my friends could. No such issue in the lobby.
TV CHANNELS: All the local Singapore channels and some standard international channels (i.e. CNN, HBO)

SAFEBOX: Available.

BATHROBE: Not Available

BREAKFAST BUFFET: It appeared like normal local dishes. Upon tasting, realised its quite nice. While the entire area appeared plain, I felt that efforts were made in the breakfast and breakfast area. Attention was given to place the croissants in oven to keep warm. There was an attractive cart store giving specially coconut made dessert. There was another cart store mixing different choices of drinks upon request that supposingly replenished your body needs. It’s like a “snake-oil” store. The hotel also made the special effort to provide freshly made juices (water-melon, honey dew)
Personally I am appreciative of the efforts made by the management to make the breakfast nice and area attractive. Its a good experience for the guests as buffet breakfast was a common area for everyone.

ROOM SERVICE: It was very prompt. At 11pm, I notice I did not have the menu in my room. Upon checking with room service line, the menu was quickly brought to my room within 10 min. No hassle. The food was also decent and promptly served.
(If you were going for pizza, its mainly from 10am – 10 pm. I tried the pizza as lunch and its quite nice.)

MASSAGE: Did not try

SWIMMING POOL: It was about 20 meters longs and 1.15 meters deep. The water was Very Clean. I saw one of their staff cleaning on the pool too.

LOCATION: Its Right Next to Batam Ferry Terminal Center. To walk over would be about3-5 minutes. Opposite the hotel was the Mega Mall Batam Center (MBC). Its also 3-5 minutes from the hotel. Within the MBC, you can find A&W, Pizza Hut, KFC, Starbucks and supermarket. This was one of the prime location as its highly accessible to the ferry.

The hotel offered BEST prime location for friends or couple who likely to bunk in the room and enjoy Batam with minimum shopping. Of course if you want to go for in-depth shopping, staying in Nagoya Hill itself might be an alternative. Or you can get there in a cab within 10 minutes. (I did not try on this trip, so cannot comment further).

CONCLUSION: Me and my friends agreed that the hotel has Earned its highly rated rankings in Trip Advisor. Whenver something’s lacking, the hotel staff made it up with friendly and prompt services rendered. Even if some of them seemed slightly novice, you can feel that all the staff were willing to listen and help on your requests. This was a 4 basic stars hotel with a good 5 stars services. The overall packages would put alot of other hotels to shame. I would give it a high 4 stars rating and would return to stay again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
General Manager H, General Manager at Harris Hotel Batam Center, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
Dear Valued Guest Sands_Traveller,

Thank you very much for your positive comment and time about your second stay in HARRIS Hotel Batam Center.

I more than pleased your input has been shared with all the HARRIS Hotel Batam Center Players. We are glad to read you noticed the effort which has been provided by the FnB team for our breakfast, our motto based on the Healthy Lifetsyle pushed actually all our FnB offer to move toward fresher and better product.

Dear Valued Guest Sands_Traveller, thank you again for your review, I will be more than pleased to meet you personally for your next venue in Batam.

HARRISly Yours,

Singapore, null, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

I visited Harris Hotel Batam Centre when they were newly opened, about a year ago. However, the good impression of the hotel still lingers in my mind... and here I am sharing with you my good experiences! What attracted me to that hotel was the newly set-up hotel which looked clean, fresh and tidy. Upon reaching the ferry terminal, I was pleased to find out that the hotel is just a mere 5 minutes walk from the ferry terminal. No extra cost required to travel to your hotel!

Checking in - I went in a group of 10 and the checking in was a breeze. While we waited to check in, they served cold cocktail drinks at the hotel. Lively music was also playing in the background.

Hotel room - The hotel rooms were just like how we have seen in the photos! They were clean, big and spacious. It was also great that they had free wifi throughout the hotel! The network coverage for the wifi was also strong.

Environment - After chilling out in your hotel, you can walk over to the megamall which is located just opposite the hotel. That saves you some money from taking Taxi to go for meals or to shop. Lots of restaurants and shops were located at the shopping centre.

Facilities - The next morning, we went down for breakfast. There was a wide variety of food and the breakfast atmosphere was lively. The staff were very cheery welcoming us in the morning. What surprises us was, halfway through the breakfast, all the staff broke into a 'flashmob' and started dancing for us during breakfast time! It was really an impressive moment! After which, we went for a swim. However, due to the location of the pool being sheltered by the hotel building, you will not be able to do any tanning at the pool as the sunlight will be covered by the building. This results in the pool being very cold! We were all shivering through the swim. But it's a nice place to chill and relax while looking out to the sea, just infront of the pool.

Although it's been about a year since I have visited the hotel, I hope it is still as good as what it was when it started out. It is really a convenient location to go to, especially for a 2 Day 1 Night fuss-free getaway from Singapore. I will surely go back to Harris Hotel at Batam Centre the next time I visit Batam! :D

Room Tip: Choose a room on the high floor with the view facing the sea! It gives you awesome sea view and a go...
Dear valued Guest Shirloves,

Thank you for your " awesome " review, and taking time to express your stay with us.

As hotelier, it is always a deep satisfaction to read a very positive review, which has been shared with all our Players.

Our chef really appreciated your special notice about our breakfast, HARRIS Hotel becoming a HealthyLifestyle Ambassador, we work every day to make your stay with us as a Unique experience.

Dear Valued Guest Shirloves, thank you again for your comment, I will be more than pleased to meet you personally again for your next stay with us.

HARRISly yours,

5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

Stay here with my boyfriend on 14-15 Sept'13. Harris Hotel location was beside Batam Center Ferry Terminal. It was so convenient, we just need to walk from ferry terminal to reach the hotel.

There were a lot of people queuing while we reach there. During payment thru internet, my boyfriend actually already asked to have early check in. But seems like the hotel were fully booked, so after we checked in around 12.30pm, the front office staff asked us to wait/come back again at 2pm.

There was Mega Mall just 5 minutes walking from hotel. The shopping mall has everything inside, they have Hypermart (cheap supermarkt) and a lot of food choices with Indonesian taste.

When we came back to hotel around 2pm, the staff still checking with the housekeeping about our room, and asked us to wait for another 5 minutes. We already feel tired and just wanted to rest awhile inside the room. After 5 minutes, our room was ready.

Room was quite big and convenient. The bed also very comfortable. Too bad, the housekeeping never gave us towels. But after called housekeeping, the towel are ready within 10 minutes time. While we rest for awhile, suddenly there was housekeeping outside the room to gave us another hand towel. They should gave all the towels together not long after we called, but since its not so big problem, so we don't bother.

Swimming pool is located in front of the restaurant. Feel a bit awkward why swimming pool located in front of restaurant? So when people eating, they can see people swimming? But again, theres nothing we can do about it.

Breakfast have a lot of choices. The fried noodle was delicious. Altho a bit salty, but I like it. They also provide kue serabi. A lot of choices during the breakfast.

Have a great stay at Harris Hotel and definitely will come back again!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
General Manager H, General Manager at Harris Hotel Batam Center, responded to this review, September 19, 2013
Dear Valued Guest Oni_Lovely,

Thank you very much for your constructive input. It has been deeply shared with our dedicated Players. Regarding the incident you encountered with the towels in your room, the information has been transmitted and shared with our Housekeeping Manager who took immediate action.

Our Chef and Food and Beverage Manager have been delighted to read you deeply appreciated the various choice of breakfast, in particular the noodles and the Serabi Counter.

Dear Valued Guest Oni_Lovely, thank you again for your time and review, it is always a constructive opportunity for my team to improve our service to make your stay with HARRIS Hotel Batam Center a Unique Experience.

" Harrisly Yours"

singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

there are two great assets of this property. one is the proximity to the Batam Ferry Terminal and the hypermart and the second is the staff.high staff morale, positive and responsive attitude which make the stay a pleasant experience.

the property is barely a five minute walk from the ferry terminal and unless you have biggish luggage it is quite easy to walk to the hotel. location at the waterfront also creates beautiful seaviews with the a clear view of the ferries arriving and departing from the terminal. the Hypermart is just diagonally across the road. there are numerous eating outlets, a supermarket and a huge department store.

the person who designed the room deserves a special mention. the rooms are not luxurious but the sleep quality is good, the furniture and fittings appropriate and suitable number of electric outlets for hot water kettle, communication equipment charging. the lighting is functional and a great thought is the day bed neatly arranged next to the working table.

the staff make you feel welcome from the start and are very resposive. as one of the recent reviewers has noted our bathroom (half bath) also had a simila water discharge problem in the shower area resulting in flooding of the bath room. the problem caused by choking was immediately rectified.

there was also a little problem with the Wi-Fi. The staff were very prompt to resolve this issue and although i could not understand the reason/s for the problem (something to do with "project")the important point is that it was attended to promptly.

certainly a good base to stay in as many taxis are available to enable you to go wherever you need to.

Room Tip: there is only one class of rooms at this hotel. sea facing room give beatifull views.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
General Manager H, General Manager at Harris Hotel Batam Center, responded to this review, September 13, 2013
Dear Valued Guest Rajamanu,

Thank you very much for your constructive input which has been shared with our team. We are more than glad to read you deeply appreciated your " pleasant "stay in HARRIS Hotel Batam Center.

Our IT and Engineering department have been informed how impressed and appreciated you was when they quickly fixed the internet inconvenience you met in the room.

Dear Valued Guest Rajamanu, thank you again for your review, we will be more than glad to welcome you again in our HARRIS Hotel Batam center for your next stay in Batam.

" Harrisly Yours"

5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013 via mobile

Stayed 2D1N at Harris Hotel on 4-5th Sept with my wife. The Conclusion is EXCELLENT! Good job Harris Hotel management and staffs! Especially on arrange a bouquet of 12roses that i request to give my wife a big surprise during the trip with a reasonable price. Upon check-in, the counter staff was greet and smile friendly and request me go beside counter to discuss about the roses to prevent my wife heard what we said. And they put the roses on our bed when we go out for dinner. When we coming back, my wife was very shock and surprise when saw the roses! After we check out and it was heavy rain, Harris arrange a car to fetch us to the ferry terminal~ Very good service from the 1st step we step into Harris. Well done guys!

• Stayed September 2013
General Manager H, Manager at Harris Hotel Batam Center, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Dear Valued Guest RayC,

Thank you very much for your positive comment. From all our HARRIS Hotel Batam Center Players, we are more than glad to read you had an excellent stay with us. Daily we reconsider our service to be improve, with the only aim to make your venue every time better.

And we provide our best to make your experience with us unique.

Once again thank you so much for staying with us. We are looking forward welcoming you back to our hotel soon.

Harrisly Yours,

DL
Personal Assistant to General Manager

Been to Harris Hotel Batam Center? Share your experiences!