“Good Hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Harris Hotel Batam Center

You added Harris Hotel Batam Center to your Saves list
Harris Hotel Batam Center
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Jl. Engku Putri, Riau Islands Province 29641, Indonesia   |
Ranked #2 of 75 Hotels in Batam
jtang
“Good Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

Just spent 2 nights at Harris Hotel with my husband and 2 year old toddler. The staff are helpful and friendly, always putting on a smile and willing to help. Room is very big and clean. Surprizingly, my boy loves the room so much that he was screaming and playing around and we don't even have to think how to entertain him in the room. We had to travel in and out of the hotel to settle his needs, like drinking milk, eating meals and naps and the super short distance from megamall is a very good advantage. Walking to Batam Center or Megamall is less than 5 min. You don't have to cross over from Batam Center if you are heading to Megamall. Just cross the road but beware there is no traffic light and the traffic is quite heavy.

On the down side, I don't understand why we were given only one pair of slippers and one toothbrush. The shampoo provided states hair and body shampoo but I used my own that I bought over. And the road is very uneven. Not only the outside but also after entering the hotel is extremely uneven, thus making it super hard to push stroller around. And the aircond's position only blows cold air along the walkway and table in the room. The bed area is extremely hot. I lower the temp to 18 degrees at night and woke up feeling very hot. The curtains is also too thin. On the first morning, I woke up at 6.45am coz it is too bright! The next morning, I took precaution and placed a pillow on my face so I was able to sleep till much later. I also do not like the design of the room that the toilet's corner is translucent, making it very bright if the toilet light is turned on. We can't use it as a night light as a result.

But as a whole, for this price that I'm paying, its an extremely great hotel that is valuable for the money spent. I would still come back to this hotel if I come to Batam again!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
General Manager H, General Manager at Harris Hotel Batam Center, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Dear Value Guest Jtang,

Thank you very much for your positive comment after your stay in our " Good Hotel" with your family.
We deeply appreciate your consider HARRIS Hotel Batam Center as good value for money.

For the inconvenience you met in our rooms we are actually fixing the defected A/C system with a daily dedicated maintenance team for all our 171 rooms.
In addition, our room design is actually part of HARRIS identity, we claim to have a vibrant and energetic environment. I will be more than glad to meet you for your next venue in Batam to discuss about this Unique concept, which actually provide a memorable experience to our customer coming in one of our properties in Indonesia.

Dear Value Guest Jtang, thank you again for your comment, we are definitely looking forward for your next stay with us.

Benjamin Castel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (143)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Singapore, Singapore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

I stayed here for 2 nights for a short getaway trip. The good thing about the hotel is the convenient location. It is just 2 mins walk away from the batam centre ferry terminal, and the shopping centre, so you don't really have to worry about having to catch a cab or to arrange for a transfer. The hotel room was clean, with all the basic items that you need. The bed was fairly comfortable, and the room that I got (facing the sea) was quite enough for a restful sleep. I forgot my phone charger, but thankfully they have a charging station at the lobby, so that saved me a lot of hassle.

While the location is good, and facilities are okay, the staff here can be a little absent-minded or careless (at least that is my impression). When I checked-in, I was assigned a room that was already occupied. I entered the room that was assigned to me initially, only to realize there was another guest's bags and valuables in the room. I went back to the lobby and got another room with the help of another staff member. This time, the room was fine. However, because of the earlier incident, I decided to leave a 'do not disturb' sign on the room door during my entire stay.

Another inconvenience that after taking a shower, i realized that the bathrooms had no towels and I had to call for housekeeping to get me towels. This is a decent hotel, but I wish the staff can be more professional here.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Dear Valued Guest Fitterthanchoc,

Thank you very much for your constructive comment.
We really appreciate your enjoyed our strategic location, at 2 minutes distance walking between the Mall and the Harbour Ferry, connecting our district to Singapore.

Regarding the incident you encountered for your check in and arrival in the room, after deeper investigation it appears our Front Office team did not allocate the appropriate room due to an internal miscommunication. In addition, due to high check in period, our housekeeping department did not yet finish to set up your bathroom amenities. I take the full responsibility about this awkward arrival in our property.

Dear Valued Guest Fitterthanchoc, I will be delighted to welcome you again in Batam for your next venue, with all our Players we will make your stay Unique, through the professionalism attitude and customer satisfaction we provide to our lovely Guests.

"Harrisly Yours'

Jakarta, Indonesia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

i really like the service and warm friendly helpful staff in front office. since we had a booking from internet, they've already prepared the room even the chek in time is still another 1 hour away , breakfast at coffee shop also much variety and all delicious , made me want to eat all ! they also provided jamu ( special herb made) to the guest. perfect ! shopping mal is acrross the street and the batam center ferry terminal is just next to the hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest Purbaningrum Sasmita,

Thank you very much for your time and positive comment.

We are more than delighted to read you appreciated our hospitality in HARRIS Hotel Batam Center. Your comment has been shared with all our Players.
We are glad to know you enjoyed your stay with us, we are working day by day to improve our service to make your time with as a Unique experience.

Dear Valued Guest Purbaningrum Sasmita, we are looking forward your next venue in Batam to welcome you again, enjoying the environment and Unique energy of HARRIS Hotel Batam Center.

"Harrisly Yours"

Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

Great location, steps away from Batam Centre Ferry Terminal and just across the road from Mega Mall. Great service at hotel, got a call from reception to open my room door as I had hanged the 'do not disturb' sign at my door when I asked for the maintenance for a faulty light in my room. Had dinner at the hotel which proved to be disastrous. Ordered their signature Ikan Assam which cos about 60,000 IDR and the fish is so overcooked, informed the staff about it but no action was taken. Forget about having any meals at the hotel, you can have much better food at the mega mall for a fraction of this price like at Warung Tekko or Warung Cobain. Many nice coffee joints at the mega mall too. Love the swimming pool though, but no cushion was put at the loungers for some reason though it's already 11am, saw the cushions the day before. Taxi from hotel to Nagoya Mall is 50,000 IDR per way which is about 15mins drive. Personally, I think the Mega Mall is so much better than Nagoya Mall. Nagoya Mall is too old and stuffy and offers the same F&B choices too. No spa at hotel nor any at the Mega Mall too. If you need any massage, you got to order the hotel in-room services.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
General Manager H, General Manager at Harris Hotel Batam Center, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
Dear Valued Guest SmurfSingapore,

Thank you very much for your constructive comment. It has been deeply shared with the HARRIS Hotel Batam Center's Players.

We are glad to read you appreciated our service for your stay with us and the strategic location of our property between the Megamall and the Harbour Ferry, connected Singapore to our district.

Our Chef and Food & Beverage Manager knew about the incident you encountered in our restaurant, actions have been taken to make sure the cooking time of the fish correspond to the guest culinary expectation. We provide training to our Players to prevent this situation, its content has been reinforced.

Dear Valued Guest SmurfSingapore, thank you again for your comment, we will be more than pleased to welcome you again for your next stay in Batam.

Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

This hotel is located next to Batam Center Ferry Terminal, diagonally opposite the Mega Mall. Room is huge and spacious with colourful theme. You must try the massage and it's really awesome. The food is good and affordable. We love the Nasi Goreng Kotak, very tasty and one order is never enough. I love the layout of the restaurant. It is open concept and modern. The entire lobby plus the lobby café looks very fruity. We love it!!!

In the room, they provided us with free aroma oil and it smells good. The bed and pillows are so very comfortable. I had a good night sleep without waking up !!!

Opposite the hotel, there are street stalls selling Indonesia cook food. Tried the satay... wow.. hot and good :)

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
General Manager H, General Manager at Harris Hotel Batam Center, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
Dear Valued Guest Janet,

Thank you very much for your time and positive input about your stay in HARRIS Hotel Batam Center.

Our Chef and Food and Beverage Manager deeply appreciated your emphasize about our "tasty Nasi Goreng Kotak " and our open space concept for the restaurant. Our Executive Housekeeper has been delighted to know you had had a great and restful night in one of our 171 rooms.

Dear Valued Guest Janet, thank you again for this comment, our full team will be more than glad to welcome you again for your next stay with us.

" Harrisly Yours"

singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

I was very impressed from the service I've received from Harris Batam Centre service crew. Was greeted warmly by the receptionist the moment me and my partner walks in after a little shopping at the mega mall opposite the hotel. Though there was a little misunderstanding about me extending another night with the hotel, the problem was resolved in less than 5 minutes and everything was in place. Requested to extend the check-out time but was advise by the receptionist that they were fully booked on that day, but he still managed to give us a 30 minutes late check-out (better than nothing, right?) Thumbs up for his help that we can still have our last minute shopping at the hyper-mart.

Room wise... it was definitely much more spacious and bigger than those cheap hotels back here. Request for a sea view room and our view was awesome. Directly facing the ferry terminal, one could simply enjoy the view of the sea and also at the swimming pool downstairs at the lobby level. Wanted to went for a dip but.. we realized that the pool was just directly beside the cafeteria, and thus we decided not to. I hope that the pool area should be at somewhere discreetly and expose to the sea instead of the cafeteria though. Will be much better and popular I think. As for the room, we were puzzled by the spacious space between the windows and the bed... maybe a one pax sofa and tea table to fill up the space? If not it will look really weird when you walk in the room. The feeling of emptiness? Something like that. Bathroom was big enough, though no bath tub but just shower is good enough. Water "power" is good and warm water came fast. However... they only provide 1 set of toiletries? We have to call the room service crew to provide us with the second pax toiletries. Since it's a double occupancy room, I hope the management can take this into consideration to provide enough toiletries for their guests. We sleep quite well for the 2 nights - their pillows are really fluffy and comfy!

Buffet breakfast was included during our stay. The spread was quite limited and I think the most popular among all guests is the egg station (there's always a queue but only one chef is attending to the station). My favorite is definitely the cereal station - 4 different types of cereals in total. But one will never go wrong with cereals I guess. Other food is just too salty for me IMO.

Location of the hotel is great. Less than 5 minutes walk from Batam Centre Terminal (you can even spot the hotel when you are nearing the ferry terminal, that's how close it is). There's a mega mall opposite with quite a number of cheap eateries and of cos our favorite - hyper mart. If you want to go for your seafood fixing and other shopping malls, they are just 15-20mins taxi ride from the hotel (around 40,000RP)

Overall we enjoyed our stay in Harris Batam Centre. This shall definitely be in our list the next time we are there again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest mlwl15,

First of all, thank you very for your time and positive comment.

We are more than glad to read your extension request has been resolved quickly, and you enjoyed your stay with our vibrant Players and the nice sea view room which has been allocated to both of you. Guest satisfaction is our priority.

We definitely appreciated you enjoyed the strategic location of HARRIS Hotel Batam Center, at 2 minutes walking distance from the Mega Mall and the Harbour Ferry connected our district to Singapore.

Dear Valued Guest mlwl 15, thank you again for your input, we definitely will be more than glad to welcome you again for your next stay with us.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

I stayed in the Harris Hotel Batam Centre for six weeks. I had a great experience throughout my stay. This a boutique style hotel with a minimalist theme. Rooms are clean, spacious and well serviced. Staff are very helpful, happy, (lots of smiling faces) and attentive (sometimes a little too on the latter). I only has one issue during my stay which was a faulty air conditioning unit in my room, it was repaired within an hour of my reporting the problem. Harris Batam Centre provides the business or leisure a good location and excellent pricing, stays of 10 or days are given a discount but you will need to ask for it in advance of reservation.

Room Tip: High floor 5 or above ask for water front view and end room (no connecting door)