“Value For Money” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Harris Hotel Batam Center

Save Saved
You added Harris Hotel Batam Center to your Saves list
Harris Hotel Batam Center
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Jl. Engku Putri, Riau Islands Province 29641, Indonesia   |
Offers & Announcements
FREE 1 PIZZA OF THE DAY
Ranked #2 of 71 Hotels in Batam
“Value For Money”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013 via mobile

Stayed for 1 night. Very convenient for checkin as you can just walk 5 mins to hotel from Batam Center Ferry Terminal. Nearest shopping center is the Megamall within walking distance too. Taxi to Nagoya Shopping Mall costs 60000 rupiahs, a 15 mins drive. There's always a taxi service counter in
hotel or shopping centre.very convenient. Hotel provides very basic amenities but spacious room. Dislike noisy aircon blower in my room and some bathroom linens are 'greyish' instead of white. Luckily my stay experience is saved by the hotel cheerful staff and their efficiency. Love love love the coffee at breakfast. Decent buffet spread. Feel safe too as hotel ecurity checks are in place for taxis.

• Stayed December 2012
General Manager H, General Manager at Harris Hotel Batam Center, responded to this review, January 27, 2013
Dear Valued Guest Pinkbabi,

Cheers from HARRIS Hotel Batam Center, the new “Hotspot right in the Center”.

Thank very much for your input. Your comment has been shared with the whole management team. It is always a pleasure for us too read how our Guests enjoy their experience in our Hotel.

We are more than pleased you enjoyed our breakfast, I personally informed the Food and Beverage Manager about your satisfaction regarding the coffee you enjoyed in our HARRIS Cafe.

From all the Players working in HARRIS Hotel Batam Center, we will be more than glad to welcome you again.

Harrisly yours,

Benjamin Castel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (127)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

The hotel is directly next to the ferry. But imagine you have to pay 60,000 per time when you want to leave for other places ? Opposite there is one shopping mall but the items inside is very expensive. Hotel room are still acceptable .. how can it be number 2 in batam ? Batam hotel standards are all so low ? Dont deserve a 4star! book a double bed 2 weeks beforehand but still got a two single bedded room.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
General Manager H, General Manager at Harris Hotel Batam Center, responded to this review, January 17, 2013
Dear HARRIS Fan Adeline Wong,

Cheers from HARRIS Hotel Batam Center, the new “Hotspot right in the Center”.

Thank you for choosing HARRIS Hotel Batam Center during your stay in Batam and taking the time to post your comment.

We apologize for the room arrangement inconvenience that you had during your stay and please be sure that your comments have been well noted by the entire team.Especially, our housekeeping manager and reservation which took note about it.

In addition, we are pleased to see you appreciate our rooms. Regarding the price of items sold in the Megamall located at 2 minutes walking to the hotel, we feel sorry you estimate too expensive.
In case you will come back to Batam, our front office team will be pleased to give you additional information where you can find items at special rate.

In addition, kindly be informed that our hotel has been classified and certified 4 stars hotel by the Hotel Association of Indonesia, for the one we met a certain number of demanding criteria.

Once again thank you for your review, in case you will come back to Batam, i will be more than pleased to meet you personally, having a discussion about your stay with us.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

Harris Hotel at batam Central is the best hotel in batam i ever been to! Located beside the Batam Central Ferry Terminal and opposite Megamall. We were greeted with all the friendly staffs and given a refeshing welcome drink and refreshing towel when we entred the hotel. Booked this hotel online on the 28th october 2012. For 2 days 1 night, 3 adult and 1 infant in a room. We recived two single bed in the room and given extra mattress. Views from the hotel was awesome! Toilet super clean. Free Wi-fi. All staffs in their halloween outfits and makeups. They are having halloween party on that night and its rock! Swimming area was awesome and breakfast was fantastic! Will definately come back!!! I love it, i love it, i love it!!!!!!!

Room Tip: There are 2 options, one facing the sea and other one facing the batam central park.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
General Manager H, General Manager at Harris Hotel Batam Center, responded to this review, January 16, 2013
Dear HARRIS Fans Dyamardhiyah,

Cheers from HARRIS Hotel Batam Center, the new “Hotspot right in the Center”.

Thank you very much for choosing HARRIS Hotel Batam Center and for sharing your review.
It is a pleasure to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and we are as well very glad to know that our unique, simple and friendly concept has been really noticeable.

Our HARRIS Players try their best to create a unique lifestyle for everyone. Please be sure that your review has been very warmly welcome by our whole team.

Once again thank you very much and indeed we look forward to welcoming you again very soon.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

Spend my Christmas for a 4D3Ns stay at Harris Batam Center Hotel. They had granted my request for a big bed and seaview room.

As you enter the room, no aromatherapy oil is lighted up though. Cause I understand by right, they would normally light up for you.

The room is nice and clean. However, the bedsheets and pillows are extremely dirty. Not to mention the bath towels too. I definitely believe Harris had washed it, but I guess they had to start to buy new sets of bedsheets, pillows covers and bath towels. The black dots and stains made it gross for anyone to see it. The aircon was ok , functioning well. As for bed bugs, I read the previous post by someone in Tripadvisor, I even write to the Hotel to double confirm they had no bed bugs now. Of course, the hotel officer guaranteed with me no bed bugs in my room. Well, guess what, my friend has some bitten spot on her leg every morning when she woke up. Luckily not the whole body - Thanks God. Frankly speaking, I doubt I would want to stay here the next time. Standard did drop a lot compared to my last visit.

The location of Harris Hotel is not bad here because is just besides the Batam Center Terminal and opposite is the MegaMall Shopping Center. Also, Megamall has a cinema theatre but U have to check the time on that day itself. I just aware that this place is a bit of the corner, so a taxi from here to Nagoya is $60,000 per way. Food wise, Nagoya has more choice of food and a more ideal place to shop. Nagoya shopping mall is located very near to I-Hotel (which is slightly more expensive than Harris Batam Center. Just opposite Nagoya shopping mall is The Spa Secret. Okie is not that far from Nagoya abt 5mins walk, BUT, you have to cross 2 roads which are very dangerous,,, (so please be cautious when crossing the 2 roads).

Ermm, recommend this hotel? If you prefer very clean beds, i would suggest u stay in another hotel (like I-Hotel).

Room Tip: Request for a seaview room.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
General Manager H, General Manager at Harris Hotel Batam Center, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
Dear Stitch Traveller

First of all, I wanted to thank you for your accurate input, we strongly took notes about your recommendations which have been shared with the related departments.

The housekeeping department has been informed about the aromatherapy issue you copied with, it has to be lighted up for every venue. Regarding the spots on your bed sheets, we are actually changing our laundry supplier and renewing our sheets and towels par stock. We are more than glad you consider the room “clean”, we are working day after day to make your experience delightful.

About the incident your wife experienced, after investigation, you room has been treated by our pest control on the 15th of December; we already reinforced the chemicals used and the frequency. Your stay took place from the 22th to the 25th of December. Our housekeeping manager investigated in detail your room; we did not find any track of insects.

Nonetheless, allergies to materials or products have to be considered. In addition, the strong rainfall for this winter season in Batam can increase fliers or mosquitos in outside location, the body reaction can appear later on too. On the top of that, some Guests are more sensitive than other. It could explain why only your wife experienced these disturbances and not you personally. But as all Guests complains we received, I shared this issues with my room manager; when requested, we actually are more than please to provide to our Guest, any body lotion to prevent and/ or cure mosquito bites.

Regarding the location, we are more than glad your appreciate the place, actually our hotel is 2minutes walking distance from the Mega mall and the Harbour Ferry, which make really convenient to all our guests to go for shopping or other activities.

Dear Stich Traveller, thank you very much for your constructive comment again, in case you are coming back to Batam, I will be more than pleased to welcome you and discuss about your last stay with us.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

Me and my wife went for a short getaway here at Batam from 30th November to 2nd December 2012. It was to celebrate her birthday and we had everything planned out; accomodation, spa, tour, shopping, etc. I booked 1 month in advance, Stated clearly in my booking details what I wanted, e.g. private pool dinner, high floor & sea view & smoking room. We arrived early, requested early check-in and were given a room without much if a hassle. We requested for a high floor with a sea view and were given so (Non-smoking Room). There was one problem though which caused me some embarrassment and my wife some inconvenience, which was my credit card was DOUBLE-CHARGED. Being a thrifty traveller I normally dedicate 1 bank account for the expenses overseas so I will be able to track easily. What happened was during the check-in, the front-office staff charged the room rates (2 nights) to my card and he claimed it rejected. So he tried again. This time it was rejected again . It kept rejecting after several re-tries. I had no choice but to use my wife's credit card to settle the bill first, afterwhich I called the bank to find out what had happened. They didnt present any itemised bill or receipt upon our check-in despite them debitting the room charges.

Later on, found out that the 1st time the charge was debited had gone through I was enraged by the staff's poor handling of the matter. Either he was just new, wasnt sure what he was doing or he was attempting to rip us off. I immediately contacted the reservations team to demand a refund as I was double-charged for the room. (Imagine an ignorant tourist, he probably wouldnt have realised he paid double unless he checked with his bank). I gave them my WIFE's bank details and we were put on hold for the whole day. We went out for lunch and even when i came back in the evening there was still no reply from them.

I kept on pestering them for the reply. At night, we went for our private dinner by the pool. Ambience was nice, but not great as there wasnt much of a breeze, (so you are advised to wear something light). We were supposed to get my wife's birthday cake as a surprise, after the whole course, but it never came!! (BOOO!!). We returned to the room and even then there was no news about our cake till I had to call them to bring it up at midnight.

The cake came shortly later as informed and we were delighted by the staff's birthday song (my wife especially as she wasnt expecting it). But she was kind off unhappy as she was caught in her PJs!

So back to the refund, the day after, still no reply from them, on our way out, i demanded to speak with the manager but he wasnt around so I told them i wanted a reply by the time we came back. True enough, when we returned to room, there was an envelope under the door. It contained a letter stating that the hotel apologises for the mishap and will refund the amount within a week. Problem was, it was MY bank account. (BOOO!!! So my wife had to pay for the room) I felt abit dissapointed as what I asked for, I didnt get.

That night, i emailed them about my dissapointment and told them about their poor service recovery. I recieved a call from the duty manager informing me that he apologises for the poor service and he offered to compensate us by giving us a free reflexology treatment the following day. I declined, as I thought, it was too late for that as we already went for our spa earlier. Instead I asked them if they are willing to exchange that for complimentary breakfast and birthday cake, which they obliged.

We had breakfast, (it was okay. some variety available) and checked out later. To my surprise, they waived off the private pool dinner as well! This was done by the Duty Manager Mr. Bayu. I was delighted as I felt I had paid value for money as there were so much complimentary items given as service recovery.

We left, happily and decided our stay there was worthwhile after all. Aside from the hiccup in payment and cake, overall it was a wonderfull stay. I will come back there if i were to visit Batam.

Room Tip: -Smoking rooms are only available on the lower floors. -Food is expensive, and choices are limited...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Cheers from HARRIS Hotel Batam Center, the new “Hotspot right in the Center”.

Thank you for choosing HARRIS Hotel Batam Center for your short getaway and to celebrate your wife birthday.

We are glad, after all the inconvenience, we can offer you better solution. Indeed, we are continuously trying to improve our services and facilities in order to meet our Guests expectations. Flexibility and adaptability is part of our operational motto. Your review is very instructive, it show how hoteliers has to continuously understand Guests needs. We are working about it every day, being proactive, and providing a unique stay to all our Guests.

Once again, it will be a great pleasure for all of us to welcome you again for your next visit in HARRIS Hotel Batam Center.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

Located just beside Batam center ferry terminal, and just 1 minute walk opposite MegaMall, It's the most convenience and interesting place to spend a short getaway at.

Lets talk about the hotel stay now.

Pros:
- Clean and new
- captivating citrus scent in every room
- Nice scenery, be it facing the sea of the city.
- Modern looking rooms
- Hotel staff are always very prompt and attentive to our request.
- smiles on faces of all staffs.
- Helpful, kind, understanding.
- nice buffet breakfast!

Cons:
- No room windows for ventilation or natural sea breeze
- you might not like the citrus smell of the room.

And YES! i'll not hesitate to book harris hotel if i were to stay at batam center again. The experience is just so great! (:

Room Tip: Facing the sea!
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
General Manager H, General Manager at Harris Hotel Batam Center, responded to this review, January 6, 2013

Cheers from HARRIS Hotel Batam Center, the new “Hotspot right in the Center”.

Thank you for choosing HARRIS Hotel Batam Center during your stay in Batam. We are glad to read that we reached your expectation on our Hotel

You can be sure that your comments have been a source of motivation for all the team and that we remain focus to consistenly improve our services and facilities.

We look forward to having the pleasure to welcome you again.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013 via mobile

Me and my mum stayed at this hotel on 26 Dec 2012 for one night.Hotel is good location next to ferry terminal but nothing much to do around the vicinity.Room was ok except the aircon started to leak in the morning,hope that the sheets are alot more cleaner and also the bathroom.Breakfast buffet was ok with wide variety of food.Only encounter was
the rude counter staff who called the room saying that it was check out time despite of me being given an extended checkout till 12.30 pm by another lady staff.And when I came down to settle the bill he looked at me with unhappy face.Well this hotel can go along way if things are improved as mentioned.

• Stayed December 2012

Cheers from HARRIS Hotel Batam Center, the new “Hotspot right in the Center”.

We would like to thank you for the genuine feedback and sharing your overall stay experience with us.

Our guest feedback are our most precious source of information and a truly appreciated support to our daily commitment. We are sorry for the inconvenience experience you had due to the air con leaking, the cleanliness of sheets and the incident with our front office. Our engineering, housekeeping, and reception manager already took the corrective actions.

We claim to continuously improve our services and facilities through feedback like yours. As a consequence, training is one of our major concern in order to fulfill our Guest expectations.

We do hope to be able to have you with us in the near future with better impressions of the HARRIS Simple Unique and Friendly service.

Benjamin Castel

Been to Harris Hotel Batam Center? Share your experiences!